NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PROPS

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 5:35pm
Sangers are the shizzy!

Maybe some takeoff Vortec heads would perk yours up?
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
PROPGUY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROPGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 6:02pm
Thanks Andy but I dont need any imput on my Sanger, thats not why I came here. If I were looking for help I would goto the batefoot forum and reread your 17 page Budget Barefoot boat post again. My boat has a plate and 2 booms and just about everything else I need to foot on it. I weigh about 160lbs my wife is 110lbs and we are not competitive barefooters, so we dont need to go 46mph. We are mainly show skiers so 38-40 is just fine. If and when my motor goes kaput I will build a 383 around 400hp. I have acess to a 2015 DXII with a Raptor 440 if i desire to ski at 50+. Thanks again for all the input guys but your wasting your time posting all that here. I apreciate it but I am all good as far as my boat goes. I was offering my assistance and expertise on props to all of you all here thats all. I dont know how this changed to what it did. Again I appreciate all the input and that you guys wanna help with my boat but I would rater help you all. And PS its not only about making money, I like to help to.... and offer my services and a place to get new or used props for someone in need. I will discount all of it to CCF members.
      Rob
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2016 at 2:23pm
Well alrighty then...just uh an observation...the 383 has 429ft pounds torque at 3800 rpms so running at 40 is not running wide open holeshot is quick and firm and pulls hard throughout....it really makes the boat move effortlessly and driving it so much more fun. Almost no one skis wakes faster than 47...i like 45 forwards and just 40 or 41 backwards. Its just cool to be cruising along at 40 and romp on it and zip up to 50. Throttle it hard thru a turn its just way more fun.
Hey I'm just trying to help since there is alot of confusion about Sanger models ...about the plate about the hulls. I spoke with some guys who run the dam to dam who dropped in a 6.0 in a DX that they race ---they were convinced it was nothing like a DXII wake...I had to explain he in fact had a DX riding on a DXII hull no plate...he was shocked since he had skied other plated DXII'S...I asked if he compared it to an unplated DXII? Nope never. Anyway a real DX is like an Outboard Sanger hull with an inboard engine and taller windshield.
This is the life
PROPGUY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROPGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2016 at 3:00pm
Thans Andy, I appreciate all your input.... but as I stated I have followed/read your barefoot forum post numerous times, have been friends with scott p since the 80s been around barefooting (invluding Willie) since the 70s, so I am up to snuff on most stuff Sanger. I think I did pick your brain on your steering upgrade as everyone from scott, eric at sanger, you , your marina guy and teleflex all had different opiions.....lol I get the HP thing and I wojld love to upgrade, just dont have a extra 10k laying around. When I do it I will build the motor for probably less than half that. If you need a prop or any metal fabrication call me.
    Rob K
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2016 at 3:03pm
For the record, I've seen what are at least advertised as 91 model year DXs with both the full length strakes (flush with the transom) as well as the shorter ones. Appears to be a mid model year change.

Outboard to inboard is apples to oranges even if the fiverglass is identical. It's a different wake due to weight distribution and propulsion method. Hell, just a prop change on an inboard causes a noticeable change in wake.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2016 at 3:38pm
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2016 at 1:43am
Ive heard Scott say that the changes to the hull were to improve the barefoot wake...but at the time both the DX and DXII were AWSA approved waterski boats and the Outboard Sanger was the barefoot boat and its strakes run full length and that did not change so what the National sales manager says is suspect at best. Sanger gave me and my friends a DX to use in 1988 they said go foot with it...it had no plate...the wake was pretty good. I do not think anybody ever put a plate on a DX ....it's years later they put a plate on the DXII and found it had a wake judges could judge and skiers could ski. Never designed for barefooting it just happened to have a wake that worked.

I've seen later than 91 sitting on the old DX hull possibly as late as 97.
This is the life
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2016 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Originally posted by PROPGUY PROPGUY wrote:

Your looking for a 12x10? Federal? OJ? What boat?

Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

12 x 10 x 1. LH

Click on my Avatar   

1966 Correct Craft Skylark LH Drive
Universal Super Sabre Buick V-6 155 HP - 225 engine
Velvet Drive 1:1 Transmission
12 x 12 x 1 Michigan 3 blade OEM - 4500 rpm - 38 mph
12 x 13 x 1 Michigan 3 blade -- 4400 rpm - 38 mph
12 x 11.5 x 1 ACME 3 blade - 4400 - 40 mph

Any Luck???
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic