Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Electrical issues, dummy lights

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Howie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electrical issues, dummy lights
    Posted: January-21-2017 at 3:35pm
I have an 86, 2001 and I'm having issues with the dummy lights it the top center of the dash. The voltage and temperature lights are staying on but the temperature and the voltage are not good. I had the boat apart for about a year replacing stringers, floor, and gelcoating the boat. It's all back together now and can't figure this issue out. I have traced all the wiring end to end and don't see anything wrong. Does anyone have any ideas where I should be looking? Thanks a bunch for any advice at all.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2017 at 1:57pm
there is a circuit board under the bow that contributes to the function of those lights.   the circuit is notoriously weak.   I believe there are a couple of threads here that talk about repairing it.   Try using Google search for engine warning lights or some other terminology, the site search is pretty frustrating at times, but Google can help.   IIRC, Keith is one of the guys that started a thread on those circuit boards
Howie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2017 at 2:06pm
Thanks a bunch. I seen the box under the dash that you're talking about. I will try searching
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2017 at 2:50pm
I know my alarm system board is in a sealed unit and not specifically serviceable (or worth the time). It was recommended to me just to unplug it and just pay attention to the gauges (provided they are functioning correctly

Limits that trigger the alarm

i apologize if this is not what you mean.

Spiral
-Spiral
'89 Sport Nautique
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2017 at 2:53pm
here was one thread i came across when dealing with my board.

Alarm Plug Wiring
-Spiral
'89 Sport Nautique
Howie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2017 at 3:21pm
That was my thinking too. The gauges are still accurate
Howie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2017 at 3:41pm
Thank you. That thread explains a lot. I think I will open mine up and check it out. I'm a power plant operator and we have a great electronics shop at the plant along with a group of electrical engineers that like a challenge.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic