NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 9:06pm
Thanks Hollywood.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 11:06am
nuttyskier,even tho you have jumped ship on us we still "play ball with you"
have a set of GT40s on my 331 now,but with the std. rockers,will you sell the roller tips and if so how much?Would be a plus ,just can't swing the cost for tru rollers.
You have a strong motor, 5.7, what mods are you planning for her?I think she already has the roller set up,a good Cam Research bump stick will be worth the money..... boat dr
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 9:54pm
Hey Hollywod: Up to 7 pages now about these heads. Almost up to your "Guess this Boat" thread!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

have a set of GT40s on my 331 now,but with the std. rockers,will you sell the roller tips and if so how much?

Doc, remember that his GT40p's are machined for stud mount rockers- so they wont bolt on to your heads unless you have them machined as well. If cost is a consideration, Id keep a look out for pedestal mount roller rockers instead.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 11:15pm
all this talk about the stroker and then goes cheap man what a waste, save you money on the roller tip rockers.... junk sh*t.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2007 at 11:34am
79, thanx for your input,my delete key still works............ZAP and your gone
      boat dr
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2007 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

all this talk about the stroker and then goes cheap man what a waste, save you money on the roller tip rockers.... junk sh*t.

boat dr...Facks is facks, Why do you want to skimp now??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 12:24pm
the cheap stamped rockers with a roller tip are junk, get full rollers or go home like the bears did.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 12:58pm

You have a strong motor, 5.7, what mods are you planning for her?I think she already has the roller set up,a good Cam Research bump stick will be worth the money..... boat dr

Just FYI, Cam Research specializes in Fords- I dont think they offer anything for Chevies.
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 6:18pm

nuttyskier,even tho you have jumped ship on us we still "play ball with you"
have a set of GT40s on my 331 now,but with the std. rockers,will you sell the roller tips and if so how much?Would be a plus ,just can't swing the cost for tru rollers.

Hey Doc, I sold the heads on e-bay and donated the rockers to the buyer as I said I would in the ad. I took the new Malibu out to the lake Monday. She sure ran good. I have already purchased a Weiand 8121 and a set of RHS Vortec heads for her. As for the cam I think I'm going to use Comp Cams Extreme Marine cam. Specs are (In/Ex) 212/218 lift .488/.495. You are right, the cam is a roller. I plan to do the upgrade after this next summer. The ignition system is equipped with GM's ESP (Electronic Spark Control). So I think I going to keep that part stock. Except maybe just add an MSD. If anyone has any experience with this one please speak up. Sorry it took so long to respond. I've been very busy the last few days.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 9:34am
your going to have a tough time hooking up that GM ignition to the MSD box, your better off getting a MSD billet dist to use with the box.

The MSD box is really a waste of money for no more than what you are doing to the motor.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 10:04pm
Jbear and MM, the beautiful "P"s came in on Friday. Mark, can you give me a call soon at your convenience, 704-451-5080, to discuss another related part and other misc parts. I'm leaving Charlotte early Friday to head down. Jbear, make sure that things filled up with Premium.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 10:25pm
You got it. Was just talking to MM as you posted. Sent ya a note on another post: 79 and backfoot are in for Saturday. Should be fun. Have a safe trip.

BTW: I thought you were having the "P's" shipped here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:40am
Just finished talking to MM. I decided to send the goods here to check them out first. I might like to ma$$age your "P" package just a little so you get to experience them to the fullest and you can be proud of their performance for years to come. Did that sound bad?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:49am
I hope you guys are talking about boat parts!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 8:19pm
Sorry I hit the sack before this conversation was over.

When I got home tonite the box from Summit was here. I feel like it is Christmas all over again.

I didn't realize that the "P's" needed a ma$$age Reid. How much better can ya possibly make them? It is gonna be an awesome experiance for me and the '80 anyhow. I was thinking......how am I gonna pay you guys for all this...then I realized...you can't buy friends that wanna help ya...you just gotta be thankful and "pay-it-forward" when you have the chance.

Can't wait till Saturday! MM is even gonna get up early for us. I said we were leaving here at 7am and he kinda gulped, said he don't get up that early but is gonna make an exception this weekend.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 7:57am
Max it's going to take us an hour or more to get there so your good untill atleast 8:00. So john are we install ing a set of heads as well? the P's?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 8:24pm
Chris: We are. Reid has hooked me up. I got some chrome valve covers too. If I had those Commanders ready we'd do them as well but I put them aside and kinda lost interest. But I gotta get back to them. MM has a flame arrestor he said I can use but I'll need to get one of them as well.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 10:28pm
jbear.. lets see a pic of the new valve covers!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 10:39pm
Now you know how hard it is for me to post pics. How about if I just bring them to your house and show ya in person?

Really, they are pretty cool. Say "Ford Racing" on them. I will bring the camera on Saturday so I can get some pics of everybody to post for all to see.

BTW; only way I have figured to do pics is; take them, download to my compu, then e-mail them to my photobucket, then post off there. Is there an easier way?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 10:40pm
You hook up your digital camera to the USB port. Download them to the computer, and then mail them to photobucket.

The only reason you had to do disk before is that you were scanning in old printed photos. BKH
Livin' the Dream

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 10:49pm
Thats cool I guess I can wait, are they alum or chrome? I think the way you are doing your pics sounds right, its just a slow process all together
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 10:54pm
I believe they are chrome. The aluminum ones were more expensive. And I figured "how much weight could they save". So I went with the cheaper ones. Look nice tho.

Guess I must be doin' the pics right.

john

Brian: Thanks for the help, that is the way I figured it out. I am just kinda slow on this stuff. At least I got my boats, wife and dog on. Stay tuned, I am gonna try to get pics on from our party at MM's house workin' n the '80. And if we are all lucky, I'll get some of Blondie as well.
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 11:29pm
jbear...I just saw the whether report for sat morning they said it will be 32 degrees and warm up to 63 later..
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 11:39pm
Saw that. Lot better here than where I came from. Talked to friends in Ohio earlier this evening....they are having a blizzard.....my buddy Gary had 9-10" in his drive when he came home from school and it was still snowing hard.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 11:58pm
yeah..Ive been watching that, I dont know why they all just dont buy winter houses down here!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 12:08am
Beats me!

I have the computer on my favorite radio station-wtam-1100 and they just said 10" at Hopkins airport so far and it is supposed to snow for the next 12 hours!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 12:12am
WOW..that sux for them!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 11:02am
Its too bad for you guys, my regular machanic cant make it on "sat",she does great head work!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 1:54pm
Max and Reid with those "P" heads do they use pedestol mounts or are they stud mount rockers?

Are new rocker's in order?

can/do you guys really want to use the old ones on the new heads? what about push rods same deal?

Max do I need to bring any extra tools, gasket scraper, rachets, sockets? you do have a torq wrench right?

I was planning on bringing my deep well sockets & rachet, box rachet wrenchs and I think I have a gasket scraper too plus a putty knife. That way we could work on both side at once and get it done a little quicker?

sorry that your normal mechanic cann't make it, what's she charge for a lube job?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567>
  Share Topic