NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 2:15pm
If those are the same heads I bought from tristate they are virgin castings(somehow the word virgin and that picture above don't belong in the same thread)and have not been shaved. So you should be able to use the old pushrods. MM's mechanic probably knows a little about pushrod length.

Both tristate and cam research say the stock rockers are more than adequate for our rpm range esp. with a stock cam.

Anxious to see how this turns out for jbear, I'll be about a month behind you guys, waiting for machine work on my block now.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 4:52pm
MM, 79, amd Jbear. Just wanted to find out if you guys think an air compressor might be handy. I have a 30 gal. upright electric that I can bring along if you want as well as some air tools. Not a lot of the tools but some of the basics at least. Let me know.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 9:10pm
I sure don't know anything about them rocker things but I bet MM's regular mechanic could explain them to me.

79&Backfoot: Just bring whatever you think. We'll throw it all in the back of the F-150 so we have it all if needed. I bet MM and his bro will have all that we need.

Majicman: Thanx for the info alto I am not sure what you are saying! Boy can you believe how these guys are fixin' me up? I really don't know what to say.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 10:27pm
79...some of your own tools is not a bad idea, my brother likes to make a big messy pile with his, he knows where everything is, but if one of us was looking for something we would be standing there all day, but he does have everything we will need!

Backfoot..dont worry about the compressor, the shop has two big ones!

jbear...you may want to get some high heat paint, black for your manifolds and whatever color you want to do heads and block!

as for the heads I hope reid brings all the stuff we are going to need for them..   
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 11:44pm
Ok I'll stop at the auto parts place. Couple of cans of black should do it, right? And I guess it better be Ford blue for the other stuff.

Just watching the weather...loks like it'll be chilly this weekend. Hope your bro has heat in his garage!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 12:32am
Some of the old fords from the 50s were red, not that chevy orange, it was a bright red ,then in 60s most were gold before they went with blue!

Heat, we dont need no stinking heat!!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 8:45am
an impact would be nice to remove the head bolts quickly, won't use it on the install but for removal it's a lot faster. Max I'll bring my snap-on sockets and my vaccum gauge and a few other tools too.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 9:27am
Sorry I missed you guys on this thread last night. I worked late and hit the sack very soon thereafter, being valentines day and all.

After speaking with TRBenj, who swapped "P"s in place of the same 240HP heads John has, he was able to re-use all of the existing valve train components, so I think we're good in that respect. I've got the head gaskets, intake and exhaust gaskets. Let me know if there's anything else we need that's not already accounted for.      
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 9:59am
what about the gasket for the t-stat housing? and won't we need a plug for the intake vaccum port?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 10:31am
Edelbrock Performer right? Do you guys have the coverplate and gasket to seal opening in the heat crossover?block off plate
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 12:22pm
This will be really interesting to see how many trips we need to make to the speed shop!!!!! Anyway, when I put my manifold on, I ended up going and buying a new piece of fuel line and putting it in because the new manifold was higher than the factory number and the stock fuel line just didn't reach. That was minor though. I can bring my tubing bender along just in case. That was a Performer Air Gap and not the regular Performer which I think was a bit higher yet.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 1:09pm
Oh yes- good call backfoot. I had to make my own solid fuel line as well. I used 3/8" brake line- the fittings are the same. A friend had the special tool to put the double flare on once it was bent and cut to length.

The Performer is 1.5" taller than stock, so Im guessing a new line may be necessary.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 1:51pm
I was able to get the old fuel line to work not a big issue, but bring the bender just in case.

When I got my intake the cover plates was with it, but if this is a used one then we'll need a gasket I bet and the adapter plate for the carb too.

So then we need to check on

1. t-stat housing gasket to intake
2. cover plate and gasket for ERG if on intake
3. adapter plate & gaskets carb to intake. (not spacer plate)
4. timing light
5. RTV for water ports and front and rear of intake.
6. valve cover gaskets

7. beer
8. blondie girl and friends
9. beer
10. camera

that is about all I can think of. I've got a new section of hose I'm bringing John going to be half off anyway might as well replace it with new while it's apart and giving lessons.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 4:49pm
I have a pretty good timing light that I can bring. I also have a flaring tool to go with the tubing bender that I'll bring too. Been a while since I used them so I gotta make sure I can find 'em first. I'll keep you updated!!!

What hose are we talking about 79?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 8:05pm
1.25 that goes to the bottom of the t-stat housing and elbow.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 10:11pm
79..We can do what I did and put a braided fuel line on it, and do away with the steel tube altogether!

And hes going to need to get, oil and a new filter also!

Im going to pick up new hex head exhaust manifold bolts, I like them way better then the stock ones!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 10:13pm
Lets see...about all I am good for is #'s 7, 9, and 10.

Blondie will have'ta help with #8.

Guess it is a good thing mrs. jbear will be busy at home.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 3:00am
Jbear's manifold is a Professional Products Typhoon P/N 54023. They recommend using   Fel Pro P/N 1250 gaskets. If he's using a 4150 or 4160 carb, he will not need an adaper plate unless he wants to connect his PCV valve to one. There are 5 holes that need to be pluged. Four of them are water (one of those will be for engine temp), and one for vacuum (unless he uses this one for the PCV). This manifold has no provision for an EGR so you wont need a plate. Hope this helps. Brian
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 11:00am
cool I was under the impression it was a performer intake.

Well we'll just see what everyone has then get a list of what we need and send someone to the parts store to get what we don't have.
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 2:23pm
Wish I was going to be there tomorrow, but I'm way out here in Arizona. You guys are going to have a blast. Drink a few for me. Jbear, where'd you get your GT40Ps from? I sold mine on E-bay to a guy in Arkansas for $600.00. I got my Vortec heads back from the machine shop a little over a week ago. Can't wait to get them on.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 9:56pm
Brian: Thanks for getting this all started. Also to MM, who e-mailed and offered his help as soon as I got the manifold.

ReidP found a source for the heads and bought 2 sets before he checked with me. But for the price I had to go for them. Also because he said he would come and put them on. He is in Daytona for the race.

Chris (79Nautique) and Eddie (Backfoot) are meeting me at my house at 7am. We are gonna head for Orlando and MM's house. We wish you could be here as well, we are gonna have a blast.

Added benefit: we get to meet BlondieGurl in person!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 10:21pm
MM: Talked to Chris twice and ReidP. We are ready I guess. Gotta get a pool on trip to the parts store. Mrsjbear has the camers plugged in so I guess we are ready to go. See ya in the am.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 10:58pm
I put the boat in the lake just after dark, and went for a ride, my face is still numb, but it was fun, Ill see you guys when you get here, blondie said she will go for parts if needed!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 11:16pm
Musta been a cold ride! I am off to bed so I can rise early. See ya about 8:15!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 12:15am
Jbear, did you do this.
I read the whole post today and got to the end, but never figured out how it turned out.

Got any pictures

Kinda slow this weekend so I was reading through some old threads.

Steve
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 2:22am
You must really be bored...this was a couple years ago. Yes the guys..MM, his bro Keith, backfoot, 79, ReidP and the lovely Lisa (BlondieGurl) put the manifold and new heads on for me. I ran for parts and pizza. Was the first time I had met any of these guys in person except 79.We had a great time and really have turned out to be good friends. Me and backfoot ski and hang all the time. Even our wives have turned out to be friends. There is a cool thread with lots of pic but I don't know the name or how to find it. So here is a few:
Eddie (backfoot) & ReidP

Blondie (Lisa) & Eddie

79Nautique in the middle

79 & Keith & MM & Eddie

There are plenty more where these came from...maybe MM or one of the other guys will notice this and remember the name of the thread. Thanks for reminding me...was a great day and the start of alot of godd friendships!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 11:26pm
jbear great pics!! I'd really like to see more of this pics!!!
Is actually great to see the faces behind the keyboard!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 11:37pm
I think that this is the thread that jbear is referring to..
jbear upgrade
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 1:07am
Thanks Roger. Looked for that last night but could not find it. Went thru again just to see all the pics. Sure was alot of fun. What a great bunch of guys!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 1:20am
Does look like fun was had by all.
I have to start making some of these road trips that you guys take. You always seem to have a great time no matter what the task.
See ya in Feb.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
  Share Topic