NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Name This Boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 12>
Author
CCrider89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCrider89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 6:09pm
Hi Guys
Newbie here
Have been looking at your posts for a while. This is my old boat from last year,

Can you name it?

Traded up to an 89 Ski on labour day. Only got one ride in the rain before storage. 4 feet of ice in the lake now. Come on Global warming.
CCrider89
Boating in the northern Adirondacks
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 10:40pm
1968 Glastron GT-160. There was one on our lake back in those days. Neat boat. Kids I knew called it "the Shoe"

Welcome to CCFan Craig. Great way to pa$$ the time till the ice goes off the lake!!!

Hey Craig, I could be wrong, but those look like New York numbers on your boat. If so, where in NY are you?

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 11:15pm
Now that's some trivia Larry. Good call.
Welcome CCrider. Let's see a pic of that new boat. Post the story behind that first boat over on the thread "Your First Boat." BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by bkhallpa$$ bkhallpa$$ wrote:

the thread "Your First Boat." BKH

Just mentioned as one of our top threads of all time!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
CCrider89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCrider89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 8:35am
Actually bkh this was my first boat sold it to a guy in FL. in 2000.
Can you name it?
CCrider89
CCrider89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCrider89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 8:38am
Larry the boat is on Chazy lake
CCrider89
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 11:49am
CCRider. That's a real beauty. I really don't have an idea which make it is. I'll take a guess. Is it a Dodge?? BKH
Livin' the Dream

CCrider89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCrider89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 7:03pm
Nope not a Dodge, Canadian boat 1936
CCrider89
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 7:14pm
Is it a Shepherd. I think that's the only Canadian Mahogany brand I know. BKH
Livin' the Dream

CCrider89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCrider89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 7:23pm
Good try , it is a 19' Port Carling Seabird, cedar lapstrake and mahogany deck. 4 cly buchanan engine. Made up in the Muskoka lake area in Ontario, Canada. Not fast, but great to tour a calm lake.
CCrider89
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 5:43pm
What is this one ?

RootRacing
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 12:05am
I'll be interested to know what that is Root. I'd guess some kind of old river fishing boat. Very interesting.

Here's another to post your guesses:

BKH
Livin' the Dream

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 12:49am
Thats a Bubba boat!
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 9:50am
Root,

That looks like the boat Lewis and Clark took up the Missouri--apparently not kept original as it has a nibral prop instead of iron.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 1:26pm
Brian,

Pismo??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 1:43pm
Yes Larry, a Pismo Skier. Nice catch on the first try. BKH
Livin' the Dream

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 2:05pm
Here's how an eastern boy got that one. Back in mid 90's I was looking for my first inboard. Saw an ad for a Flightcraft. The low slung pre malibu Flightcraft sportsters were one of my favorites and I was hoping that is what I was going to see. Ended up being a Pismo (which of course I had never heard of) Apparently there was some connection between Pismo and Flightcraft, which I never understood. We attempted to go for a test drive and it ran like crap. I called the PO (a dealer was selling it) and asked some questions. I asked why he put a support bar between the two sections of windshield. He told me it was because the boat flexed so much he was afraid of damage so he thought a little extra support would help. Needless to say, by that point, I moved on. Too bad...not a bad looking boat.

Pismo...not exactly a household word in the ski boat world...better known out your way I would guess.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 2:29pm
Well, Pismo is not exactly well know here either. All those boat companies in the Central Valley are somehow related by personnel, breakout or whatever (Malibu, Centurion/Fineline, Sanger, MB Sport, Calibra/Brendella). I'm not sure what the story is behind Pismo. BKH
Livin' the Dream

6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 2:55pm
Root,

Give us the low down on the "river" boat! Looks like some nice wood there. Can't quite figure out the means of propulsion...looks like the shaft is not connected to anything. Is that some kind of engine block? Whats the galvanized tank?
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 7:19pm
I thought someone might know thats why I asked what is this one?

When I talked to the guy that had the boat all he could tell me was that they were built out of all cypress wood by the cajuns who lived on atchafalaya basin around 1920-1930.

It has a putt put motor( have pics) and they used the boat for everyday travel, but mostly to hoop net fish, gather up moss, and pull big cypress logs out of the basin. basically it was their work horse on the water.

oh 6string,   that's a muffler he temporerily put there for when he ran the putt put motor at the house.

What really caught my attention was the outdrive configuration. It looks like our old CC's

I was just thinking that the inboards we have now seen this design and evolved with it. crazy huh....

RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 8:05pm
didnt want to thread jack but he had this too and I thought it was intresting (MADE IN USA)

RootRacing
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:06pm
That's something Root. Is the boat back together yet? Got any pics of it on the River? BKH
Livin' the Dream

Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:29pm
Not yet, he lives just down the street and said he will pick me up when he gets it going.

For being a Bateau, it shure looks like it must have a smooth ride to it with the length and design...even though the top speed cant be that much
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 6:55pm
What about this Boat.

RootRacing
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 7:18pm
Thats a BEER BOAT.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 7:33pm
no isn't that a cannooler?
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 9:45pm
That's one boat that actually makes money!

The cypress boat is cool and I'll bet the old guy has some stories. Hope you get a ride in it when he's done. Looks like he's got some neat old toys too.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 11:27pm
I like the "beer boat" I could guess that one right off.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:45am
If the old one doesn't have a name, I'd call it the African Queen!
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:49am
I noticed the built in "prop saver" on that old one. Probably necessary on the river, huh? Any inboards these days have such a feature?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic