NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foam removal

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 1:12pm
I did some work on Lee Braytons (indy car engine builder) small yacht that broke down here in Cleveland and we docked it down in the Flats about 300 feet down from Shooters. I needed the boat roughly for 2 weeks and he told me if i would like i could stay on the boat during the repairs. off to home i went to get some clothes. well on one friday night i counted 20 give or take people on the boat.
when the boat was finally complete he asked me if i had anyone on the boat and you know the answer, apparently he found 2 wine glasses and an empty bottle of wine on the back deck.
moral of the story.. dont lend me your boat
"the things you own will start to own you"
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Cant guarentee the hull with that monster in there

I just checked the newest FRPP catelog and the 514 is now at 520 CI. But it's got alum heads/intake, so really light, or is the 600ft./lbs. torque the biggest issue? http://www.fordracingparts.com/crateengine/bigblock.asp

Maybe you can just scab/sister some extra stringer meat for additional support.

The 392 Stroker is also shown in this catelog. Somebody's gonna bite on one of them.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 2:45pm
we'll chain it in there, and maybe a couple trucker's binder's
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 2:52pm
we use to run these big 3 heavy truck engine 3196 cats turned up to 900 horse each, talk about not thinking of coming back or spiltting in half
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 7:59pm
Eric what's the deal with the manifolds? What made you want to put them in or you just messing with me? I was kinda looking forward to do some work on my own boat. But if you think there will be a problem with them let me know.

I think I will just give you a call on wednesday morning to see what's going on. I don't want to put you any further behind on your tranny work.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 8:04pm
fine with me, im ready to swing the engine in and thought it would be easier with the moter out. i will continue to swing her in
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 8:17pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 8:18pm
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 9:18pm
looks like your pretty close to laying carpet in the thing.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 9:54pm
Eric, I think I will call you in the morning. It sounds like I have mis understood you somehow. Will there be a problem with putting the manifolds on once the motor is back in, are you thinking there will be a problem do to the taper on the OEM manifolds. I just hate to keep you tied up working on my boat when I know you said your starting to get busy with trannies.

Talk to you in the morning say about 9-9:30ish.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 9:55pm
The trans looks great by the way. The boat is starting to look like the interior is supposed to look. Sorry you missed lunches and dinners.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 6:04pm
It was good talking to you this morning Eric, cleared some things up. Now I am just waiting for the lake to thaw. probably not happening anytime soon as we are calling for 2-4 inches of snow tonight.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 7:40am
prop showed, sent it back
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 8:14pm
thank Eric sorry about the mix up on Skidims part. I am pretty depressed about the 1260 issue. Now I have to wait until mid april to have a new prop on the boat.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 7:25am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Now I am just waiting for the lake to thaw. probably not happening anytime soon as we are calling for 2-4 inches of snow tonight.

Doesn't sound like waiting until mid-April should depress you too much. You have got to be stoked about getting her back in the water though. Good Luck.

-JMurph
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 5:01pm
you guy's keep forgetting about the 3 month water test, think Halloween
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 5:36pm
Eric the water test length gets longer everytime you mention it. I find that funny. Anyway any new pics for us? Did you get the shaft back finally so you can install it and the engine?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 5:37pm
OH yeah 60 degree Saturday and Sunday, lake is starting to open up. Wife says the weather man is calling for cold temps and snow again this week end. I told her I would be home late from work tonight, as I have to stop and kill him for saying such things.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 7:32pm
Alignment tommorow!!!
I'll get some pics tommorow
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 7:50pm
sounds like fun, hopefully the alignment doesn't give you much trouble. I am sure your ready to be done with it.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 9:30pm
eric im gonna be sending out my 4 blade acme 422..i know santes decent, any others?..i know you mentioned something but dont remember details.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2007 at 8:13am
Randy said santee's was cheaper but i didnt know if they have prop scan,
hydromotive in Twinsburg, 3304254747 i think
Cleveland prop   216-961-5858
or General prop in Fla 941-748-1528 (i know they use prop scan)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2007 at 7:47pm
Eric I would agree with not firing up the BFN, slep with the windows open last night but calling for snow again this week end. I think cold temps are still in the forecast for a few more weeks for me. The lake is open in spots but still alot of ice.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 4:50pm
Eric is no news good news or bad news?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 5:28pm
bad news...the shop burned down with your boat in it.....he had no insurance bfn..so yes to answear your question..
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 7:43pm
Ryan very funny, but one shouldn't joke about a man's boat like that. Causes bad carma for the one joking about it.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 10:04pm
lol...cant wait to see pics when its done!
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2007 at 10:31pm
Yea...Let us see some pictures before the engine and carpet are in.
Scott
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2007 at 8:25am
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2007 at 9:09am
Eric, Looking good
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
  Share Topic