Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

~92’ Ski Nautique Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Tbrown8052 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbrown8052 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2024 at 9:02am
Whew guys I have to tell you, we put her in last weekend after working on it for 3 weekends in a row. Put a new blower hose in, took off/apart the carburetor about 7 times and gave it a new gasket, took the transmission off and put in a new seal because it was leaking(took it off and the seal was sideways), changed the oil/new oil filter and gas out.She runs like a damn gem with a few things we know we need to fix but didn’t hinder our weekend. Accelerator pump and steering cable definitely needs to be switched out, steering was a little tight and started clicking on Sunday afternoon. Granted was dangerous to run it the way we did on Saturday but my dad and I are both very experienced and knew when to ease up. As in Sunday when it started clicking and not wanting to turn right as much we never planed it out. But overall we have our baby back, I am so thankful for all of y’all’s help!!

Surprisingly that leak in the gas tank never started leaking, starting to think it self healed somehow haha. If I could post videos of it running I would, I think yall would appreciate it.
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2024 at 5:02pm
Whoa-don't run off just yet...
We all would like to see the boat being cleaned up, maybe polished, and other projects performed. 
I't's not often we have a younger Nautique enthusiast, male or female...
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbrown8052 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2024 at 11:36pm
://youtube.com/shorts/4KhNzEUlS0g?si=Bt2pEK-VA8hIIJhp

Here are some pics after we cleaned the inside so we could work on the motor. My dad is working on waxing it properly and making sure he marks where the Nautique stickers go on each side that he has. If you follow the youtube link, I did a short video of the motor after we finally got it starting up on the first try and without bottle feeding, there is another video of me driving it up to shore so you can see how she still looks on the water and then a blurry video of my dad slinging me on the tube. The tube video was this past weekend after we replaced the steering cable. Fuel line, bow vent hoses and accelerator pump are next. Eventually we will get to the interior but that's a bigger chunk of money than we are ready for, so we will settle for the little fixes to keep her on the water.

Side note: When I asked about the fuel pump that was a random thought from my dad, turns out the ball and needle in the carb were gunked up, not wanting to move. The kind of gunk you get form ethanol fuel sitting, even though we only ever get non-ethanol fuel in it. So no more trusting that gas station.

I did get a picture of the hull number, I plan on submitting a quote to the upholstery website that is recommended on here but do they also provide the foam for the seats or only the skins?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbrown8052 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2024 at 12:09am
Scott,

Does the gas tank you have fit a 91" ?  We did find the gas tank leak and it is in the bottom seam, so not as high as I thought it was and would take a lot more temp patches. I am guessing that the seal on the tank (1/4 of the way up from the bottom) has finally deteriorated after 33 years, so it has done its duty and ready for retirement.

We have been considering a grab rail, this past weekend I actually told my dad I wish the boat was a later year because then we would have one and in our old ages we need it haha. We could get one but then we would still have to remove the gas tank to install it, so if it was a 2 for 1 that would be perfect.

If you wanted to private message me with pictures, dimensions and your price, I would be grateful. I'm assuming shipping will be horrendous as well but maybe I can convince my dad to go halfsies.

Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic