NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Powertech props

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powertech props
    Posted: June-14-2024 at 8:03am
I've noticed quite a few places selling Powertech Nibral CNC props lately.

They compare themselves to Acme in their advertising like for example a Powertech E40 is their version of an Acme 540 at a lower price

A friend put one on his boat that had an Acme 515 on it. It was a Powertech E15, so it was an apples to apples comparison.

Both apples tasted the same, but one was cheaper. Wink

Here's a link to the Powertech CNC nibral props page. They don't have nearly the variety that Acme does, but if they have what you're looking for, they might be worth a look 

Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2024 at 8:59am
Powertech propellers can be purchased from both Nautiqueparts.com as well as Skidim.com
The Powertech is similar in performance as the ACME yet built with a little more material.

Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2024 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

Powertech propellers can be purchased from both Nautiqueparts.com as well as Skidim.com
The Powertech is similar in performance as the ACME yet built with a little more material.

And like usual, you can often find the same thing at various different marine outfits at lower prices without having to use a little publicized discount code at nautiqueparts or getting no discount at all at Skidim except for maybe a sale every now and then if you're on their mailing list.

And.........at some places you can pay more too, so a little comparison shopping always helps.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2024 at 12:04pm
"And like usual, you can often find the same thing at various different marine outfits at lower prices without having to use a little publicized discount code at nautiqueparts or getting no discount at all at Skidim. except for maybe a sale every now and then if you're on their mailing list." 

I get it! you are not on the mailing list..here is the link, https://skidim.com/contact-us/.
 Ski Dim no longer  publishes a catalog and the electronic subscription is pretty common through out the marine parts industry now.  pretty easy to set up a account with both sites.
I get daily  plugs and discount update from outfits like west, Nautique parts, Ski dim on and on..

Back to Power tech propellers ill have a run down and hopefully a performance comparison on one of their wheels soon..

Thanks to Nautique Parts for subscribing and advertising here on www.correctcraft fan.com. helps keep this very informative web site up and running. check out the banner at the top of the page.

oh! and if you subscribe you will know the code!!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2024 at 12:15pm
And........ you also seem to get a paycheck from NP/DIM.

And .........I know the code

Since you're plugging them, then explain the process for setting up an account and getting a discount from both places, to help out the typical CCFan
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2024 at 12:48pm
I sure do get one, why work free??

So wanna set up and account? go to www.skidim.com, find a part you need or want to purchase! put it in your cart and check out...and, make sure you check the subscribe button when you enter your email and check out info. at the end of the check out you will be asked if you want to create a profile , set it up.
 if you want  to set up a jobber account contact https://skidim.com/customer-service/ we do supply many small and large marine repair centers.

Nautiqueparts.com.. pretty much the same for setting up customer profiles. call in you will get woody or Dave maybe phil or Ashley or even my self. real company providing hard to get real information about parts and informative instructions as well as great customer service..you might even find Woody covering the DIM site from time to time.. he gets a paycheck too!

Power tech propellers are new to both sites. and we are looking for feed back if you purchase one.

Thank you.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2024 at 9:36pm
So I guess every time somebody mentions a part number for something, you're gonna throw out that it can be purchased at NP or DIM.

Let's say someone's looking for an Arco 70201 starter that has a MSRP of 220 from Arco and can easily be found for 160 ish with free shipping, are you gonna recommend they get it from NP or DIM for roughly a hundred bucks more for the same starter. (270 minus any discount plus shipping)

I can think of better ways to throw away a hundred bucks. 

I hope they give lots and lots of support to CCF

That's just one example of some questionable pricing policies they seem to have  There are others

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2024 at 9:00am
hey Ken whats your Beef?
Say it!! you have some bone to pick. so pick it!! its against me? or you just feel the need to belittle or make accusations when others then you have input on this site?

Funny near daily i send both NP and Skidim customers for reference to this site. whether looking for more pertinent info on specific CC products or owners/customers looking for NLA parts and pieces and general reference for their correct craft vintage boats. a few times i have even referenced Ken for the info that you provide as being correct and informative. wonder how long advertisers are going to hang in with this site with the type of animosity towards advertisers you as a "Grand Poopy" seem to exude. it only takes one!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2024 at 9:18am
So back to the powertech propellers.
installed a power tech 654 on my 08 196 yesterday. keep in mind boat is equipped with an e-control 5.0 and zero off. a 422 came of the boat so trying to compare the two props on this boat is kinda fruitless. reason for 654 in the first place was to get a bigger two footed slalom skier up out of the water as the 5.0 is not a 6.0 in power. the powertech did the job and the top speed was right at 46 mph at 5100 rpm. 5250 rpm is the rev limit on this engine so i feel the propeller size is in pretty good for this boat. though i would like to try an 1868 or a 4000 three blade.

Overall quality seems to be on par with the ACME, did a quick dicom lap test and the taper  and seemed to fit well on the shaft. the key way needed no filing. fit and finish seems very good. no vibrations at all and smooth and quite in hard turns.
recommend this propeller line as a alternative to the ACME line,, seems better priced too!

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2024 at 12:28pm
What's my beef? Well right now it's a juicy cheeseburger for lunch Wink

Otherwise being a "hobbyist" on a website with a bunch of other hobbyists, I'd rather give some good advice on fixes, parts and pricing.

I don't make any money from anything I do related to boats, never did, never will

I'd really like to be able to just say buy all your parts from NP/DIM but with the big price discrepancies on numerous items, the starter being an example......well I just can't do it with a clear conscience.

Sometimes they get recommended by me and sometimes they don't.

If you want to call that animosity, that's your choice, I'd call it giving choices and then the person can make their own decision how to spend their money.

I (and friends) buy stuff from them and they're both good to do business with, but there are choices to be made on some parts.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2024 at 1:11pm
so this thread is not about Powertech propellers? its about your beef with the price of starters on the innerweb? So why start a thread about propellers? Dang!

DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2024 at 2:47pm
I got an idea.
Why doesn’t someone have the power tech rep read my thread and recommend a prop for my boat?
That would be good for everyone, especially if I got a great discount on a prop ha ha just kidding
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2024 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

so this thread is not about Powertech propellers? its about your beef with the price of starters on the innerweb? So why start a thread about propellers? Dang!

I guess if you were to go back and read the first post, it was about Powertech propellers saying quite a few places are selling them...... nothing about site advertiser pricing at all. 

So....yes the post was about Powertech propellers and nothing else

Then you hop in with the site advertiser pitch line.

And I mention that there are other choices and prices.

Then we disagree on pricing of stuff

Then you seem to agree with my first post about the Powertech props being good and cheaper than the comparable Acme. Imagine that.

I think I'm done "discussing" this Wink

PropellerDisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PropellerDisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2024 at 11:50am
Funny that you say that, I work with Powertech. Let me know what you're looking for, the best price that I'm aware of you will find on the Powertech! inboards is with Ski Prop Depot. I would do some research on that front. More than happy to help. 

Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic