Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1956 Collegian restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
Author
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2024 at 9:31pm
Just blows my mind the attention to detail !!
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2024 at 8:39am
You cannot drive that beauty on a lake... Imagine all the law suits from people straining their neck from turning around!
Or even car accidents from drivers gazing at her on the trailer instead of focusing on the road...

My God, so much drama you are gonna cause in the future Alan!! Have mercy!

LOL
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2024 at 8:50pm
Kristof!!  lol

Good news, bad news, good news

I’m at a point where I’ll be happy to walk away from the boat for a while.  I’ve been hustling to get the boat stained and sealed because I knew I was going to have to abandon it for several months and wanted to get it sealed up and protected from moisture.  That goal has been achieved and I’m very happy with it.

Bad news,  my health problems have been consistent and nagging since last October including a week in the ICU recovering from a kidney infection.  My kidneys are failing and I am at stage 3b kidney failure.  Luckily I am scheduled for surgery on July 2nd that should rectify and possibly even reverse some of the damage.   Not looking forward to the 3 to 6 month recovery but I am thrilled to be getting this miserable part of my life behind me.  Unfortunately the procedure will have some lifetime physical limitations on me and I doubt I will ever ski aggressively again.  My love for boats and the water will not change so I’ll have to become a better driver and I’ll get back to work on the boat as soon as I can.

The other good news.  2 weeks from  now will  be the beginning of getting some normalcy back in our lives.  I am determined to be back kicking ass as hard as I can as soon as I can.  Until then you’ll have to get by with these last couple of progress photos.  Thanks for the support in my ever consuming passion. 

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2024 at 1:41pm
Alan, thanks for sharing all that and best of luck with the surgery and recovery after.

Make sure your surgeon is as good at what he/she does as you are at what you do!Big smile  In all seriousness I'm glad you can look forward toward better times, modern medicine is amazing and I'm sure you'll be back at it sooner than you think.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2024 at 9:30am
Great looking pics Alan.  Good luck with the surgery and recovery.  We will be looking forward to some great progress pics in the winter!
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2024 at 2:59am
Good luck Alan and a good recovery!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2024 at 8:53am
Good wishes for your health.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2024 at 9:41am

Speedy recovery Alan.. this boat will be even greater with this extra pondering time.

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
  Share Topic