Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another Timmy T

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
RealDeez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Timmy T
    Posted: June-12-2024 at 6:49pm
Hey everyone... I'm just posting my version of the Timmy T which I plan to install this weekend on my 1993 Sport with the PCM 351 (formerly Pro-Tec).  I got this stuff at Ace... did a little poking around and made a version that I liked... I've seen it done a lot of ways on this site so I thought I'd put mine on the pile... I plan to install somewhere between the intake and the transmission cooler... I'm out of state so I can't do it till Saturday.  Will add a pic of the finished installation and report on effectiveness when I'm done.

Here are the parts and the assembly...

Lake James, IN
93 Sport Nautique
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2024 at 8:42pm
I wouldn't trust that valve anywhere near my cooling system.  Just food for thought.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2024 at 8:58am
I agree. You should use brass/bronze or stainless. Metal.
Plastic can crack, hence sink
Look at a 3way T-port valve
RealDeez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2024 at 6:26pm
Well, it worked perfectly and didn't sink.  I forgot to take the picture but it's right above the blower.

The housing of the adapter is metal with a plastic coating on it.  The ball valve inside is, indeed plastic, though.  I'll keep an eye on it, but the 30 year old elbows to the water strainer, and the strainer, itself, are all plastic and haven't failed... so I get your concern but it's a gamble I'm willing to take at this point.

If it starts looking shady or makes me nervous... I can easily swap it out with something else.

Lake James, IN
93 Sport Nautique
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2024 at 2:08am
You are going to love the Timmy T, it is so hassle free, easy to connect to works well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic