Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beauty Trim Ring

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beauty Trim Ring
    Posted: June-06-2024 at 12:03pm

When I brought my boat 17 years ago, it came with a spare wheel and trailer bracket. The tire still had the original early 80’s series trailer tire. It finally got to the top of the list to get on the trailer. Well the trailer bracket that came with it when I brought the boat, could not find a sweet spot to make it work. So, I brought another bracket and now have found the sweet spot.

Now I’m having trouble locating a beauty trim ring for the wheel. Tried Amazon, all are aluminum and scratch easily.  Search Market place, no luck. Not having any success.

So maybe somebody here may have one they are welling to let go?  1989 Ski Nautique trailer for those years, it’s a 15-inch wheel. 2 Inch wide beauty ring,  Don’t know the particular number for that trailer but it’s original as can be.

Thanks

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2024 at 1:42pm
I’m running some Amazon stainless ones now- not an exact copy of original, but you’d be hard pressed to notice.

https://a.co/d/bc1Y1Jk

pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2024 at 9:54am

Nice barefoot! Like the red strip. The trailer is a little different than mine but close to being the same style. Your spare tire location is basically in the same spot as mine.  Notice you still have the original grease caps on your spindles. Had trouble with mine for they always leaked in water. Went to a Bearing Buddy system. No more problems.

No, I tried several different types of beauty rings on Amazon and eBay. Not close to work or aluminum surface instead of SS as advertised. I know it’s a shot in the dark to locate a 35-year-old original but that is what I’m going to try do during the summer and fall. Maybe a few back-road trips looking in fields and marinas bone pile for abandoned trailers around here. If I’ don’t come up with one then I’ll buy a knock-off copy. Starting here for its been good to me over the years.

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2024 at 9:00am
 www.nautiqueparts.com. 

They have some but they do not specify if Aluminum or Stainless Steel. They state they are Chrome.    
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2024 at 7:27am
Thanks for the responses. Never thought of Nautique Parts would carry something like this. Will keep that in mind when falls comes around. Heading to the lake next week for our annual fathers days trip to Lake of the Ozarks.  That week I'm planning on driving  around on the back roads and stop at a few marina's. 
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2024 at 9:11pm
nautiqueparts.com has them in chrome
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic