Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blower

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
austinfullmer99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinfullmer99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blower
    Posted: July-04-2024 at 7:14am
Hey guys! I’ve attached a picture. I have a 1999 ski nautique with the pcm ford 5.8l Ho efi. (The proboss GT-40). Picture is showing the blower which is mounted on a bracket on starboard side of engine. My question is should this blower have a 3” pipe coming off the side opposite the direction of airflow? It currently just has the 3” pipe going to the vents at rear of boat. My thought is mainly is it effective and built like this from factory? it is pretty low on side of engine. or is it supposed to have a pipe extending to a point of air suction somewhere else in engine compartment?
1987 SN 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinfullmer99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2024 at 7:15am
Ok I’m out here in boat on my mobile device. Just figuring out I don’t think I can attach a picture from my phone: standby
1987 SN 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinfullmer99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2024 at 12:42pm

Here is picture of it.
1987 SN 2001
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2024 at 5:11pm
I have a 1995 SN, the blower is mounted on the driver side of the engine to the side f the exhaust manifold.  Blower has 2 hoses, one goes to the rear to vent gases out of the boat, the front side goes to the bottom of the boat to the side of the bilge pump to grab the fuel vapor that might gather at the bottom and blow it out the rear vent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic