Forums
NautiqueParts.com2025 Calendar Photos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Excalibur engine hesitation

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excalibur engine hesitation
    Posted: October-14-2024 at 8:24am
Hi, I am having an issue with my new to me 2000 Ski Nautique, Excalibur Engine with zero off.  When I first  take the boat out and give it throttle it accelerates just fine.  I shut it down while getting ready to ski, start it up, attempt to pull the skier it accelerates then shuts down as if I pulled back on the throttle(engine continues to run), I swing around to pick up the skier, give it throttle and it accelerates like it should and will be fine until I stop and shut it down then the same thing happens.  It starts right up with the push of the start button with no problem.  I thought maybe the Zero off might be causing the issue but with Zero off turned off same thing happens.  The PO said he ran hi test gas so I used the hi test as well.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I ease the throttle down or give it full throttle.  It happens whether I am pulling a skier or not.
2000 Ski Nautique 1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2024 at 2:59pm
Nobody knows what you have for an engine other than it's an upgraded Excalibur.

With zero off, maybe an EX 343 drive by wire

The ID tag on the engine should at least be able to be used to identify the engine and go from there.

Whatever model it is if you don't have a fuel pressure gauge that works with injected engines, now's the time to get one to help with figuring out your issue. Wink
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2024 at 6:00pm
Thanks Keno.  I will get more info

2000 Ski Nautique 1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic