Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Name This Boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 12>
Author
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:09am
It looks like someone finally found a good use for an old Mastercraft. I wonder how many cans a new Maristar will hold.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 12:58pm
Cool boat, looks like one of those "Beer Nautiques".

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by BigAir BigAir wrote:

It looks like someone finally found a good use for an old Mastercraft. I wonder how many cans a new Maristar will hold.

HAHAHA Well said Big Air!!! you beat me to it...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 5:12pm
Root, My dad has a motor like the green one. His ran a generator. Does your neighbor run his? I am aftaid that big piston is going to move the thing around unless it is in 5ft of concrete
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 3:19pm
Have at it Ken.

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 3:45pm
Sleekline Ski Boats? Looks tropical.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 3:56pm
Well this was a new one to me. Maybe some of you have seen one before, but I never had. I kind of like it just because its different.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 4:06pm
Centurion Wave, right Larry?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 4:50pm
It's got Centurion written all over it, that's for sure.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2007 at 5:08pm
I'm almost positive that is a Centurion Wave, but it is an unusual one. I think it is one of the first models. Perhaps a 93. Most of them had an open bow area. There was not a full dash window, but rather a pod, like on a single console bass boat. Somewhat similar to some of the Mastercraft Tristars. Most also featured a really large integrated platform area built in to the rear third of the boat. There is one located a couple of blocks from me. I'll try to remember to take a picture. BKH
Livin' the Dream

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 8:09am
93 Centurion Wave

You guys are good. I must not get out enough. I had never seen one before.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 5:11pm
I wish I would have saw that marlin eirlier because I almost baught a beautiful blue 89 magnum skier.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 6:53pm
Larry, we must live in neighboring caves, as I've never seen one either, but I'm definitely stuck in the 60-70s. I really like that boat in concept, and reverting back to the 60-70s thing, I'd be all over it if it had a bit more retro styling. Me and two other Nautique buddies are hunting a Jersey Speed Skiff quite hard to give you an idea where my mind's at. You can't say this doesn't look like true inboard fun.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 7:24pm
Those Jersey Skiffs are awesome. But, if you really want to get crazy in an inboard, try one of the Crackerbox's. BKH

Livin' the Dream

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 8:49pm
Wow Brian, I'm game. Come to think of it, after taking a good look at the Crackerbox, then back at the Ski'Wave, then the Crackerbox, I really think I see a similarity in the hull shape. No wonder I liked it.

I sometimes feel that over the years I may have spent too much time and effort trying to make a so-called ski boat/speedboat run faster when I could have more easily gotten some serious speed out of something like a 'Skiff, Crackerbox, flatbottom, Donzi, etc.,........but then everybody does that, dont' they?   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2007 at 9:22pm
You know Reid, making a ski boat go 55 mph is a hobby, and nothing's likely to get hurt except your wallet and your ego.

Doing 100+ mph on a circle course in a 16ft flat bottom cracker is just plain crazy. Still . . . I'd love to do it. Actually had an appointment to go up to Washington to purchase a National Champion Cracker back in 1993. Then I decided to get married. Told my buddy who was going to run with me that it would be a couple of years. By 99 he got tired of waiting and started racing single seater hydroplanes. In retrospect, should have chosen the boat over that marriage BKH
Livin' the Dream

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 8:48am
I'm with you Brian. 55 in a ski boat is just about the pinnacle and is actually fun for the ego, as long as you stay in a league of ski boats. I think I can be happy with about 65-70 in a Speed Skiff which isn't a stretch at all and still somewhat safe.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 9:04am
Reid,

I think I could get my boat to do 55 if I ever found a down hill lake.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 9:11am
Ok, here is a wakeboard boat for you to figure out.

Greg

86 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 1:42pm

Tinker

Reid,

I discovered Jersey Speed skiffs several years ago when I hooked up with someone who worked on/collected vintage performance boats. He had a skiff hull back then that was for sale. I passed as I tend to prefer flatbottoms or crackerbox types, more.(not that I have ever gotten around to getting one yet...some day)

The guy I bought my Tique from a few years ago is affilitated with the New Hampshire Antique boat museum. He had a hand in building the speed skiff photographed and linked above. The boat shop that built this skiff is near the museum. Lots of neat boats up that way and a regatta ever two years. Mostly hydros, but everything else too.

The first guy I talked about is in central New York. I can probably track him down again, I see his name on the vintage hydroplane site if you were really interested in pursuing.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 4:22pm
The next TSC4 hull. Slap a 540 on that and you're going to the moon!

[/QUOTE]

Ken

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2007 at 10:46am
Larry, Thank you so much for that entry. That red boat is a jewel. If I thought I really wanted one before, that documentary sealed the deal for sure. I often cruise the SpeedSkiffs.com site and there's quite an impressive lot of them there. My buddies and I are also dead set on having one of the very, very few Ford powered boats. I had never taken a ride in one until last summer. For the last two years the skiffers have come as an organized stop on their yearly pleasure to the Antique/Classic Boat Society show here at Lake Norman. One of the owners had rented a house just a blocks from us and was here, (and I was there) for the following week. I got several more rides, but nothing I can recall gave me more goose/chill bumps than my first agressive ride in his. I was somewhat hooked.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 10:57am
Reid,

In discussions on this site about getting more speed out of ski boats someone said over 60 isnt going to happen because of hull shape/configuration. Guess that isnt an issue with crackerboxes or skiffs, in that it appears the hull is rarely touching the water. Quite a ride, I'm sure. When do the skiffs come to Norman? Same time each year? When is that? Just asking in case it happens to be when I am down there. By the way, my brother did get that seafoam skylark. Supposed to take delivery some time soon. I'll let you know how that works out.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 11:21am
Those Jesey Skiffs are sharp, and look like a lot of fun. Do they currently race them, or just vintage races? What's the price tag?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 11:33am
Can this be considered a boat?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 11:52am

Riley, I'm sure Reid can tell you more about the skiffs than I can, however, it would appear that they compete as APBA vintage boats. Also there is a regatta in wolfeboro NH this fall. I'd like to make it. If you like that vintage stuff, maybe we could meet there. I had hoped to go in 05 but missed it.    Some photos from the 05 regatta.

Wolfeboro Regatta
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Those Jesey Skiffs are sharp, and look like a lot of fun. Do they currently race them, or just vintage races? What's the price tag?

They definitely race them. Usually mid 70s, can reach 80mph. They now require a role cage during races because boats were jumping over each other and injuring drivers and passengers. Most of the racing is east of the Mississipi, but they did make a pass through Seattle, I believe it was last year. Here in the West, we have the crackers for 2 passenger racing.

Do a search on google for Jersey Speed Skiff. There are about 5 sites dedicated to them. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 12:08pm
75, I'd love to check that regatta in Wolfboro out, when is it? Those pics of the small outboard hydros, I had one of those when I was a kid. It was a C hydro with a mark 30 Merc. Don't I wish we never sold that.

BK, there's movies at jerseyskiffs.com. Those things look thrilling. There's a few for sale between 13k and 27k. For recreational use, 60mph would be fast enough for me.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 1:20pm
Riley,

Scroll to the bottom of this link to see info on the wolfeboro regatta:

wolfeboro regatta
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 2:18pm
If you didn't want to buy or build an old style inboard before, watch this video. Its crappy quality, but you get the idea. I tracked the progress of this boat being built on the Glen-L website for quite a while. I'm surprised he is selling so soon after completion, but I guess $29,000 could be pretty motivating. The GLen-L crackerbox plans arent real crackerboxy. They are swoopy and swirly and bigger. A real crackerbox is very simple and much more angular.

homemade crackerbox replica
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic