Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHICH BOAT

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
burdiejr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burdiejr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHICH BOAT
    Posted: May-04-2007 at 7:19am
I HAVE A CHNACE TO GET A SKI NAUTIQUE IN REALY GOOD SHAPE AND THE INTERIOR COMPLETELY RE-DONE WITH WAKE TOWER AND SPEAKERS 1200 HOURS.....BOAT REALLY IS SOLID. FOR $2500.00
OR AN AMERICAN SKIER 89MODEL REALLY CLEAN BUT THE SEATS ARE A LITTLE TORN BUT USEABLE 275 HOURS AND ALSO REALLY CLEAN FOR $7000.00 PLEASE HELP I'M GOING TO THE BANK TODAY. THE SKIER DOESN'T HAVE A TOWER
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 7:23am
So where is the question?
Greg

86 BFN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 7:51am
.....AND WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING??????
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 8:07am
Burd, Is the Nautique the early 70's we have been talking about? If it is, did you check the stringers? If it is as you described to be in great shape with a tower, new interior, speakers, etc. then I think something is wrong if you can buy it for $2500.00 Does the engine run?!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 8:40am
You don't mention the year of the Nautique. What will you primarily be doing with the boat? Skiing, wakeboarding, tubing? What engine is in the Skier? Ford or Chevy?

I agree with Pete, for the price of the Nautique, something must be wrong with it or you're getting one hell of a deal. Owning a Skier already I guess I don't have to tell you which way I would go (no disrespect toward the Nautique in any way). For 275 hours and $7K, that isn't a bad price. Are there any soft spots on the floor? If so, the floor and probably stringers will be shot and need replacing. If you plan on doing more slalom skiing, the Skier would definitely have a better slalom wake than the Nautique (if it is a 70's as Pete mentioned). I guess you need to determine what your needs are and let us know a few more specifics about each boat.
burdiejr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burdiejr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 8:42am
STRINGES APPEAR OK. I TOOK A 285LB MAN TO GO WITH ME...NO SOFT APOTS IN FLOOR. STRINGERS AS BEST I CAN TELL OK. I MEAN THE ALUMINUM NEEDS POLISHING BUT FOR ITS AGE LOOKS GOOD..GEL COAT NOT DRIED OUT.....DOES NEED A WATER PUMP AND SOME HOSES....SO WHAT DO YOU SAY? I MEAN THE OLDER ONE ISN'T GONNA MATCH MY TRUCK, BUT I CAN LIVE IWHT IT. GUY OWNS A BODY SHOP AND NEEDS THE CASH TO GET HIS PAINT BOOTH UP AND RUNNING
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 9:05am
Backfoot is correct about the skiing wakes. I have an 86 American Skier & the wake is great for skiing (low, flat wakes). If you do more wakeboarding, etc. the C.C. will have better wakes for that. If you are just trying to compare boats for value & out of pocket, no question the C.C. unless it is rotten underneath the floor.
Greg

86 BFN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 9:17am
Agree completely with skicat. The better value is definitely the CC. What engine needs the water pump and hoses? The CC or Skier? Can't tell from your response. Does that mean that the engine doesn't run? What aluminum are you talking about that needs polishing?
burdiejr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burdiejr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 9:42am
THE NAUTIQUE WITH HTHE FORD NEEDS THE WATER PUMP. ITS WAS PRESSURE TESTED TO MAKE SURE NO ENGINE DAMAGE WAS DONE. THE SKIER HAS THE CHEVY ENGINE...NOT TO MENTION I WORK AT A CHEVY DEALER. THE BOAT WILL BE USED FOR WAKE BAORDING AND TUBING MAINLY. THE ALUMINUM I TALK ABOUT IS THE RUB RAIL AS IF TWO BOATS WERE TIED TOGETHER...THE FORD DOES RUN BUT NEEDS PUMP BOTH FLOORS SEEM TO BE SOLID. THE SKIER MATCHES MY TRUCK BUT DOES COST MORE. I AM GOING BACK TO SCHOOL ...TIRED OF MECHANIC BUSINESS.
burdiejr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burdiejr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 9:44am
THE TRAILER ON THE NAUTIQUE LEAVES SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED...WORKS AND IS STRONG, JUST NEEDS TLC. IN SHORT I CAN BUY A HIT THE WATER PACKAGE OR BUY CHEAP AND DO SOME NECESSARY BUT NOT IMMEDIATE TLC. THE SKIER DOES HAVE MORE ROOM, BUT DOESNT HAVE A TOWER ALL AND ALL THE OUTER APPERANCE IS MORE APPEALING IN THE SKIER....?????
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 10:51am
Gotcha. Everything is clearer now. Sounds like you already made your decision.

If money is a concern and you're going to be mostly wakeboarding, then by all means go with the CC. For that price, you really can't go wrong even if you have to stick a little time, effort and money into it. The Skier is definitely a good boat though and a fair value. You wouldn't be sorry getting that either. Especially with a bowtie under the cover. My '86 has a chevy and runs awesome. I don't think I could ever part with it.
dborrelli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dborrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 5:01pm
Sounds to me that the Ski nautique is the better deal. The tower itself is probably atleast worth $1200. What year is the nautique? Also, since it seems like such a great deal, be sure to check everything before you buy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic