NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

change keyless code

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: change keyless code
    Posted: October-09-2007 at 12:55am
Ok, I was wondering if any one here has ever had to change there code on there keyless Ignition. I would like to change the code on the air when I get it home to the same code I had on my 01 sport. So any info on how to go about doing this would be great. When I bought my 01 sport new the dealer showed me how to program it, but that was awhile ago and I never had to mess with it after the first time I programmed it at the dealer.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 1:11am
I'm still looking for the key pad on my 85BFN
Lefty
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 1:13am
Let me know if you figure out how to program it when you find it.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 1:17am
I've never changed my codes, but I just reread section 1 of my owners manual which describes the procedure.

System allows for three sets of codes
1) Master code from the factory, cannot be changed.
2) Primary code, usually programmed in by you and dealer when you buy the boat. Will run everything on the boat
3) Secondary code, can be entered by you and provides only limited access to boat functions.

To set the the primary code, you enter the factory code to unlock the system. Depress the 1 and 4 keys at the same time until the system indicator light flashes. Enter a code from two to eight characters and press start. Re-enter the code and press start again. The system indicator light should stop flashing and stay on. If it does not stop flashing press stop and begin again. To relock, you can now use the primary or master code.

To change an existing primary code.
Make sure system indicator light is off. Enter the existing primary user code then
push 1 and 4 at same time. Light should now flash. Enter new code and press start. Enter again, and press start again. Light should stop flashing and stay on.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 1:20am
BKH, thanks that helps alot I will take care of that once it is home. I didn't expect an answer so soon that's why I asked right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic