NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

water witch sensor question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
TRDon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: water witch sensor question
    Posted: October-09-2007 at 11:54pm
I have a 93 sport I recently got and was wondering about the bilge and float switches. I am so used to having a float switch in my boat this electronic thing seems kinda wierd to me. It is 2 of the water witch ones. I have done a little searching on this site, saw good and bad and was wondering, are they reliable? I thought the were broke right off the bat cause they start running right when the switch is pressed. I have since found that to be normal for about 20 seconds. I actually bought a float cause I though they were broken, but I just tested it and it seems fine. I havent checket it with water yet but startup seems normal.

I ask cause I rent a cabin every year for a week and I moor the boat and need functional auto bilging abilities for my piece of mind.   
85 2001 351 240hp FS
93 sport
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 2:35am
TR,

Welcome, and congrats on the '93 Sport, nice boat...

I found the same thing when I got mine, they come on for 20 seconds or so when first switched on and then go off.

My advice, FWIW, would be to ensure that the sensors are clean and free of grease and dirt.

I pulled the plug and let the water come in the bilge to see if they would kick on and they do. I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to do this once a year to make sure they are still working, especially if you are going to leave it in the water.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic