Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 Air Ballast Pumps

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
CederBoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CederBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 Air Ballast Pumps
    Posted: October-18-2007 at 2:00am
I just bought my first Nautique, a 98 Air. Does anyone know where the Ballast Pumps are? And how does one winterize these suckers? Thanks.
1998 Air Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2007 at 3:09am
I don't remember positively, however, I seem to recall that the actual pumps are near the ballast tanks themselves. IIRC, you need to pull up the back seat to access them. No clue how to winterize them, as I've never winterized.

If you can't find the pump, post again, and I'll have a look at one of the neighbor's boats this weekend. BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2007 at 3:33am
I had a 99' Air, there where (2) ballast pumps, one was to fill other was to drain. IIRC one was located on the passenger side down along the motor and the other was below the removable secion of the rear floor. To winterize I would open all the valves in the system, it would drain via gravity so change the angle of the boat/trailer to be sure everything is out, run the pumps at the same time. That was all I did, you may want to run a little A/F from the pickup via the pump to be extra safe, or slightly pressurize the tank to push any water out, I never did and had no problems with mine.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2007 at 3:42am
I am almost positive that the 98s used the same pump to fill and empty. Again, I can check this weekend, if you are not able to figure it out. BKH
Livin' the Dream

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2007 at 8:11pm
The 2000 Air uses the same pump for both.
CederBoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CederBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 10:12pm
Thanks Guys, I will investigate this weekend.
1998 Air Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic