Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lost rudder

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lost rudder
    Posted: January-14-2008 at 12:14am
while out this past week cruising the mouth of the hillsborough river, my boat struck a large rope semi-submerged in the choppy water. We were cruising at around 35mph when it happened. the rope was about 3 inches in diameter and wrapped around the prop a few times. we were able to cruise in without any issues, but while trying to steer the boat onto the trailer I realized I could not, and after pulling the boat out of the water did i realize that the rudder had somehow fallen off. The water near the ramp was murky and very crowded so the idea of going in after it was out of the question. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas where I might be able to secure a replacement rudder since boating season never ends here. My boat is a 1969 Correct Craft Barracuda with the chrysler 318B engine and a 12 x 15 prop. Thank you for your help
1963 Debonnaire Deluxe
1972 Separator Jet Boat
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2008 at 12:27am
Have you tried talking to Woody at Southeast Correct Craft? That would be my first call.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2008 at 2:41pm
Try looking for it from these guys:

www.buckalgonquin.com

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2008 at 1:50am
i actually did call woody at southeast first thing. he actually had some great advice and i will drop off my boat to him on monday to have it checked out thoroughly. thanks for your help
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 11:48pm
If you decide a new one is too expensive, I will probably have what you need. I have a few (more than one, less than 10).

pc

(980)581-0006
pcarpenter2@carolina.rr.com
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2008 at 12:27am
Paul you crack me up...you have more than one but less than ten of most anything needed on a older Nautique!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic