Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speaker replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
khearne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khearne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speaker replacement
    Posted: January-30-2008 at 2:50pm
I have a 1992 Sport Natique. One of the speakers has gone bad. The speakers have squared corners. All the replacement speakers I have found are round. These leave the ugly corners showing where the old speakers were. Are these speakers original and does anyone know where to find them.
First time cc owner
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2008 at 3:41pm
I believe that round covers would have been original- and they probably used the 3 screw hole pattern that you see. Your best bet would be to clean the vinyl as best you can to remove the square markings, then buy some round speaker covers and hope theyre big enough to hide the 4 screw holes.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2008 at 4:18pm
6x9's are probably big enough to cover the opening with a bit more cutting, but its a slippery slope, next time around you would need to mount 10"ers
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2008 at 9:41am
Unscrew the broken speaker from the square piece and screw new speaker to old cover.install

munday
If the only tool you have is a hammer,everything starts to look like a nail.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2008 at 11:33am
just use 6 1/2 rounds and be done with it, measure cross the corners of the vynal imprint and I bet it's less than 7"
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2008 at 11:23pm
That vinyl will clean up with some Scrubbing Bubbles and a stiff brush. I definitely would not try to cut the holes bigger to accommodate 6x9's. I don't think 6x9's look good in these boats and you really run the risk of f'ing up the vinyl.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2008 at 11:28pm
I installed these Polk db650's last year and I really like them. Sound great at a great price.

azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 12:11pm
Randy-
Did you have to do any cutting to fit those in there? I have a 89 Sport and was looking at doing the same. Also, where did you buy? I found new ones for $69/pair online. Are you running them with an amp or directly off the head unit?

Thanks
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 12:30pm
Run an amp, open air, open water ya really need an amp. You dont have to go crazy, a clarion apx480 will make a big difference and can be found relatively cheap if you look.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic