NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NHRA 4 Wide

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHRA 4 Wide
    Posted: March-17-2010 at 9:57pm
Hey Reid got your tickets? Saterday the 27th I'm in sec F row 14 just down track from the 60 timer. I had to go out to the garage & get a wiff of Nitro. You guys that like performance HAVE to FEEL 8000 horses giddie up, just once.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 8:50am
8000 x 4 = 32000hp
Brian
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 12:21pm
you should hang out up close at the starting line for night qualifying about twenty feet or so away it requires a participants ticket to get that close but you feel it pretty good or you can be in the parking lot a quarter of a mile away perpendicular to the track between the start and finish lines and feel it when they pass as well.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 12:47pm
I'd like to be there but i'm hoping to be down at Mt Dora at the boat show. The dragway called and asked if they could use the engine out of our Classic just in case one of the registered participants blew up.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 3:03pm
I love a nitro car.
The friday night of fire is pretty much history now. In Charlotte the track has to be secure by 8:00 pm (I hate subdivisions) Last year was the last nitro race in Va.(Dinwitty) At the hit of the throttle on the starting line it shook my body so hard it blinded me for a few seconds!
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

I love a nitro car.
The friday night of fire is pretty much history now. In Charlotte the track has to be secure by 8:00 pm (I hate subdivisions) Last year was the last nitro race in Va.(Dinwitty) At the hit of the throttle on the starting line it shook my body so hard it blinded me for a few seconds!

At the Big Go they're just getting started at that time on labor day week-end
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 9:38pm
Chris,
I checked the latest Indy secures is 8:30pm Theres still some nite stuff around for the jet exibitions. But it's hard to find late nite nitro. The first race my Dad took me to was fuel altereds @ Detroit dragway in the mid 60s. They put down a little gas in the water box lit it on fire and a car would do a burn out thou the flames. - OH my !!!
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2010 at 1:56am
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I'd like to be there but i'm hoping to be down at Mt Dora at the boat show.

very cool...me and Patti plan to be there Friday. Can't wait to see all you guys.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic