Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need a new wakesurf board - HELP

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
laker220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laker220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a new wakesurf board - HELP
    Posted: May-12-2011 at 11:36am
I have an 06 216 DD. The wake is mediocre in my opinion. We are only using a 540lb bag and I will not be able to get much more weight in there since my wife isn't comfortable driving with much more. So I am pretty much stuck with the wake that I have.

I am riding an O'Brien Alias TT 4'6" board and it sucks!!! Not the board but the board with my weight and wake size for sure!!!

I weigh in at 195lbs and 6'1". I need some help picking out another board!!

I have read and heard lots of great things about the blue lake from inland surfer but the price is a little high.

I am considering a Ronix Koal 5' or 5'6". Not sure if this is the right board or not.

Any opinions on this board or ANY other board for that matter that would be a great buy for this boat an my size? Something that I can grow with too and hopefully throw a few moves now and again.

Thanks
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2011 at 7:15pm
You migth get away with a bigger board..but to be able to ride comfy and do some tricks you definetely need to add more weight...540 is very low IMO....

this is some old boarding with friends..thats my boat...I´m the second rider...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
laker220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laker220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 11:41am
I know and it's not that I disagree with the added weight. The problem is that my drivers are not comfortable with more weight and I don't want a boat full of water.   

So back to the boards, any suggestions on a good small wake trickable fast board that I can grow with??? I know I am asking for the world, but what is some feedback???
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by laker220 laker220 wrote:

I am riding an O'Brien Alias TT 4'6" board and it sucks!!! Not the board but the board with my weight and wake size for sure!!!
I weigh in at 195lbs and 6'1". I need some help picking out another board!!
Thanks

We have the Alias TT 5' Board and find behind the 89 SN2001 that the wake is not powerful enough for that board. They describe these as skim style boards. They are quite thin without much flotation. I am the same weight as you also so that 4'6" would not be much good. Started using a normal surf board at first and then picked up a 5' 11" Hyperlite Landlocker second hand. For the power of our wake it seems to suit.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 4:17pm
btw..that tsunami I´m riding is not my boat..lol just a little joke
its behind a 33 bertram..
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
laker220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laker220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 1:08am
ok, the pressure is on now. My wife tells me I need to purchase 2 new boards by the end of next weekend.

My manufacturer options are: RONIX, LIQUID FORCE, HYPERLITE, O'BRIEN, CWB

Again, we have a SMALL Wake.

I am 195lbs and she is 120lbs.

What are the best 2 boards for us??

sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 1:30am
email NautiqueHunter he is actually pretty informative on wake surfing
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 1:33am
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 2:56am
The inland surfer squirt is supposed to be an excellent entry- intermediate board. The liquid force venture is also a great entry level board on the cheap, but you'll outgrow it fast if your looking to throw some tricks later. My buddy has a venture and we surf behind his 81 ski nautique all the time with people ballast only. That is a pretty small wake. Bigger rider+smallerwake= bigger board ( all other things being equal ) . That Alias is an ok board for beginner to intermediate surfing, but not on a small wake with someone your size.

Mike

Edit: you stated your ballast weight but not your speed. How fast are you going?
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
laker220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laker220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2011 at 1:21pm
I don't remember exactly, was still playing with the speed a bit each time out since we never really had any success yet. We were in the 9.5 - 10.5 range though.
laker220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laker220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2011 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

email NautiqueHunter he is actually pretty informative on wake surfing

Thanks, I sent him an email.
laker220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laker220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2011 at 1:05pm
Still looking for more feedback guys.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2011 at 12:08pm
Best thing to do is to hook up with someone who has some boards & try them out. My 1st board was a Trickz (SP?)& could never surf ropeless on it at all - sits in the basement now.

In the end it was more expensive than the high dollar IS Blue Island.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic