Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trailer lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trailer lights
    Posted: June-23-2011 at 11:46am
anyone know where to get replacement lights for a mid 80's CC trailer?
I need a light bar which I have found on line but cannot find the red side marker. thanks for any help
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 2:59pm
Wal-Mart is where I got my LED's from but they are for my '02 trailer. Pretty standard sizes.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
DIXIECHICKEN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIXIECHICKEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 3:19pm
got mine at napa!
GIG EM!!!
If its hurtin, soak it in cider!!
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 3:26pm
I'm not familiar with the exact style of marker light you are looking for, however I have always been able to get what I needed for my trailers (boat, flat bed, enclosed, car hualers, and even accessory upgragdes) from Southwest Wheel's trailerpart.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 3:40pm
I am not sure if a mid 80's trailer would use the same light style as my '80, but I havent been able to find a tail light matching the originals. These are about the right size, though the shape is a little different.

trailer lights at Eastern Marine

Note that the right and left side are different.
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 3:50pm
yes I can find all kinds of lights, I was looking for a match to the others, they are original. Its a neat little design too. Single wire, and you can pull on a tab and the whole unit slides out the bottom for servicing. There is no manufacturers name on them, just DL 202 and sae-po-7. You know how we get about original equipment.

looking for some replacements for the vent covers too. its an attwood piece # 1494 but all the ones I found on line are 1/2 longer so the screw holes don't line up. looks like there is a CC stamped on them also, wonder if attwood made these just for CC back then?
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 4:16pm
here is the light

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 4:35pm
Do you have light truck tires on your trailer?
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 5:05pm
I had a flat tire in Ga. in the middle of no where and really had no choice. I am going to pull them and get trailer tires back on.
DIXIECHICKEN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIXIECHICKEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 5:31pm
looks like N3boatworks.com might have what you are looking for as far as the vent covers.
GIG EM!!!
If its hurtin, soak it in cider!!
Jones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 6:44pm
1979 Ski Nautique (sold)

1997 Ski Nautique

1998 Super Sport Nautique
Jones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 6:45pm
eTrailer I'll try that again
1979 Ski Nautique (sold)

1997 Ski Nautique

1998 Super Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 12:52am
Lee, good luck in your search for the original replacement light. I looked for over a year and came up empty handed. Stopped in Flying J truck stops in 3 states trying to find a studded RED clearance light but could only find amber. Tried 3 different Northern Tool stores with the same result.

FINALLY found a replacement but NOT the original type at Academy Sports in the marine section last week. Here is the direct link for the Mfg. and prt #

Red Clearance light for trailer

If ever find an exact replacement please let us know.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 1:19am
[QUOTE=Morfoot] Stopped in Flying J truck stops in 3 states trying to find a stud but could only find Amber. I looked for over a year and came up empty handed.
QUOTE]

Tim, with me being just a rank amature,imagine what the other Chicago boy's could come up with
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 1:32am
you're gettin' there Gary....LOL.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 1:44am
It is a Dry Launch product. Have you called them and asked if they are still available?

http://www.drylaunch.com/Site0708/RunningLights.htm
83Ski
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 1:51am
NAPA has a pretty good selection of marker lights, I doubt they have the originals but something close at least. I am a big fan of LED. just replaced the rear lights with them. I have had bad luck with the bell jar princaple working in real life and always forget to unplug the lights before backing in. LED are me proof. I choose to forgo the markers. I dont trriler much at night and this eliminates four connections to go bad. I soldered , liguid electrical taped, then regular electrical taped all the connections.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 2:55am
Don....THAT'S IT... you da' man that's where you can get them.

Here is the link to the light's themselves...

Dry Launch Clearance lights for 80's CC trailers
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 9:37am
I knew one of you guys would know! that is awesome Don. I cant believe I searched every phrase I could think of and could not find them. It helps to know the manufacturer. Thanks so much.

@dixiechicken those vents are the same I have seen, 1/2" longer than orig
the hole spacing on old ones is 16 3/16" and those are 16 5/8". same part # but not the same. dont know why, like I said there appears to be a CC stamp above the part# so maybe specific to CC, anyone know?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Stopped in Flying J truck stops in 3 states trying to find a stud but could only find Amber. I looked for over a year and came up empty handed.

Tim, with me being just a rank amature,imagine what the other Chicago boy's could come up with

That's why I love post editing maybe I'll get lucky and they won't see it..
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Here is the link to the light's themselves...

Dry Launch Clearance lights for 80's CC trailers

Sweet! I have been looking for those also. I thought I would have to go with LED's.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 1:15pm
Glad I could help!! Got to keep Pete happy and keep it original.
83Ski
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 1:28pm
I'm sandwiching a piece of angle aluminum between the light and the fender so I don't smash them to pieces from stepping on them.
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 9:35pm
Lee,
Are your vents broken or just dull from old age? You can paint them if the later.
83Ski
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2011 at 12:57am
they are broken at the ends where the screws stress them, I guess they have gotten brittle with age.
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2011 at 1:55am
bad thing is with shipping the 1 light is $19.75
oh well the rest of them are still in perfect working condition, this one was stepped on and broken
I have never even changed a bulb on a 1986 CC trailer, not bad

skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2011 at 11:39am
Jackpot! I found the lights at a little trailer dealer in Wilmington. At $3.28 ea I bought a spare in both colors.
TedR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2016 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by skinaut skinaut wrote:

Jackpot! I found the lights at a little trailer dealer in Wilmington. At $3.28 ea I bought a spare in both colors.

Skinaut, do you by chance have the phone number or email for that "little trailer dealer"? I am looking to replace some trailer clearance lights that are broken... Thanks, Ted
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2016 at 5:11pm
The trailer tires available today don't have the quality of what we bought 20 years ago.
Most say they are only good for 3 or 4 years even if you don't use the trailer.
I am thinking your Light Truck tires are a better option than what is currently available.
Glad you found your lights.
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2016 at 12:24am
That was years ago. Small trailer and parts shop. I want to say Monkey Junction area of Wilmington NC. I have moved away from there or I would check for you. I have say chances are not good. They been out of production for a long time.Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic