Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wanted prop 13 x 15/16 RH

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Ben#155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben#155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wanted prop 13 x 15/16 RH
    Posted: March-27-2012 at 7:50pm
I,m looking for a prop for my barefoot nautique, i,m planning to change current Ford 351 with a 1:1 trans for a excalibur 330 with a 1:1,23 trans
so i need an other prop but i,m not sure witch one. I think a amce 470 will work. has someone a prop like this for sale?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 8:17pm
I could have sworn we discussed this before!

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I would beg, borrow or steal a prop to avoid buying one before running the boat. Trying to prop an unknown powertrain/hull combination correctly right out of the box will be tough, especially when you throw in the ballast. My guess is that a 422 or similar (12.5x15.5) would be a good starting point, if you had a choice- but anything in the 13x15 or 13x16 range would work for starters.

I still agree with what I said before... the 422 is my best guess at what you want, if you dont run with ballast exclusively and want a good all around prop. Trying something before spending big bucks on a new prop would be nice though!

With the BFN hull, you also have room to fit a 14" diameter prop, by the way (14x14 was stock on all but the very early BFN's). I have a 14x16 stainless OJ that Im selling with <5min of runtime on it. Check here for pics: Props for sale!

The 3-blade OJ wont run as nice as a new-school Acme for watersports, IMHO, but its cheaper and would be a good baseline prop, if nothing else. It would probably get your WOT RPM's pretty darn close to where they need to be on that hull/engine combo as well (5,000). My contact info is in the other post if youre interested.
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 8:52pm
If you want I will bring you the 13x15 that I have on my boat when I pick up the 14x16 SS that way you can test it on yours without spending any $$$
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 8:54pm
I messed that up I thought TRBenj posted that sorry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic