Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1997 Ski Nautique Parts Boat (or Repair!)

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NautiqueJeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1997 Ski Nautique Parts Boat (or Repair!)
    Posted: May-18-2015 at 4:23pm
Hey guys,

Some of you may have heard about the '97 Ski Nautique that I recently picked up from an insurance company. The boat ended up having more fiberglass damage than I expected, so I am going to go ahead and sell it. I thought you guys might be interested in the boat since it has some great parts available, including a GT-40 with only 89 hours!! Check out the information below.

Here's the link to the auction if you're interested. There are LOTS of pictures there.

1997 Ski Nautique eBay Auction

-Jeff

1997 Correct Craft Ski Nautique

ONLY 89 HOURS! A PERFECT parts boat, or repair and enjoy!

I recently obtained this 1997 Ski Nautique from an insurance company. I had planned to repair the fiberglass damage and bring this boat back to its original glory, however when the boat arrived, I found that the fiberglass damage was worse than I had been lead to believe. It is repairable, but it would take a person skilled in fiberglass and gelcoat repair many hours of work. I would love to see this boat restored, especially since it has such low hours, but I am not prepared to undertake quite this much of a project right now.

If you're not interested in repairing the boat, it certainly has many very valuable parts that would be of great value to anyone working to restore another Nautique or other inboard. The PCM GT-40 engine is in great shape. I had it running within an hour of receiving the boat, and it shows no apparent problems. The 1.23:1 PCM transmission appears to be in fine shape, too. The propeller shaft appears to be straight, although I have not put a gauge on it to check for absolute perfection. The interior of this boat will clean up very nicely! It appears to have been garage-kept prior to the incident, and there are no rips, tears, or other issues with the interior. All of the pieces are there. It is quite dirty from sitting out for the past few months at the insurance lot though. The dashboard and all gauges and electronics seem to function perfectly.

The trailer is a dual-axle Zieman and it seems to be in good condition. I had the boat delivered to North Carolina from California this past week, and it was pulled all the way here on this trailer with zero issues. The trailer does have one cracked tail light assembly, and one side marker light needs a wire reconnected. The tires have good tread, but are certainly not new.

To repair this boat, it would need the fiberglass and gelcoat work completed, new tracking fins, a new propeller, a new rudder, a new rubrail, a new port-side swim platform bracket, and 1/2 of the windshield replaced. The windshield frame may be able to be reused, so possibly just the glass could be replaced.

The boat title is clear (not salvage), however I am still waiting for it to be delivered from the insurance company. I expect it this week.

Current Boats: 1998 Ski Nautique, 1985 Sea Nautique 2700 (twin-engine), 1981 Fish Nautique (twin-engine), 1980 Fish Nautique (twin-engine)
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2015 at 5:16pm
Wow, that would be a project to fix.
Hard to believe the interior could be that bad after only 97 hours. Very Sad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2015 at 5:32pm
Yeah, it is sad, and it is only 89 hours, not 97.

The pictures I got from the insurance company must have been taken as soon as they got it in, and the interior looked darn near perfect. I really think the interior will clean up well.

FYI, other than the two shots below, all pictures here and in the eBay auction were taken TODAY.

Here's a shot of the boat that I got from the insurance company, where you can kind of see the condition of the interior at that time.

Also, here's a shot of the bad side.

Current Boats: 1998 Ski Nautique, 1985 Sea Nautique 2700 (twin-engine), 1981 Fish Nautique (twin-engine), 1980 Fish Nautique (twin-engine)
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2015 at 7:51pm
MAn I wish you were around this time last year just replaced the gt40 in my 97' sport from freeze. Wish I could find another. If it doesn't sell let me know may could use some parts.
DC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2015 at 12:48am
Will do!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2015 at 6:08pm
This boat has been sold to White Lake Marine's Raleigh/Durham location! If you need parts from this boat, please contact them at (919) 867-1880.

Edited to fix phone number.
jhersey29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhersey29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2015 at 7:39pm
I'd really like the dash, voltmeter, maybe rub rail if is any good. Tried to call but got a call could not complete. If it wasn't so far away I wanted the whole thing. Wonder what they want foe the transmission and motor. Maybe they will see this and contact me. I'll try tomorrow

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2015 at 8:48pm
OK, let's try this number. The other one is outdated. Sorry about that!

(919) 867-1880
SkiNautiqueSkiNautiq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiNautiqueSkiNautiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 3:49am

Could you let me know if you have the boat

Or if you are parting items instead of the whole boat
SkiNautique
SkiNautiqueSkiNautiq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiNautiqueSkiNautiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 4:05am

I see it is sold already

Thank you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 3:47pm
Yes, it was sold. The guy that ended up with it fully repaired it, and it looks brand new now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic