NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lockwood River Roar 2015

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lockwood River Roar 2015
    Posted: September-02-2015 at 11:13am
I mentioned this in the Buckethead thread, but wanted to create it's own thread. I put it in the Ski, Ride, and Foot talk section, but it could easily be in the Reunion section. Whether we bring one or two teams, I can guarantee that we will bring at least (3) BFN's.

Shawn and I are putting together the Lockwood River Roar, scheduled for Sept 26th. This race has had a few names over the years (Google "Lockwood barefoot" for past videos), and it has always been a good time. It's a 27 mile race on the Muskegon river, just south of Big Rapids, MI. We base out of a camp ground, Brower Park, where they have cabins with electricity. Anyone interested, let me know.
As of this morning, we have 5 teams that have committed. Looks like the Wolfpack is going to howl in Big Rapids. We are working on some west Michigan teams that have raced this before. If you can't put together a full team, but want to race, we will make sure you are on a team.

Here's the FB link;

https://www.facebook.com/lockwood.riverroar?fref=ts

Let us know if you are interested.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2015 at 10:07am
It looks like it's a go for the Lockwood River Roar. Are any of you going? I am booking my cabin today. There were (5) cabins left as of yesterday.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 12:06pm
You have any teams that are looking for a footer.. have the chance to ride up with people, and would bring the suit if needed.
If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

If it doesn't hurt.. Go Bigger.

Tubing Sucks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 5:04pm
Jordon

I think Teddy might be putting a team together. Shawn is checking to see who they have (might be a couple of good footing girls). I'll keep you posted.
I booked Cabin #1, and I think Shawn has #2.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:05pm
Right On!!

PS.. I like footing.. and contrary to popular belief.. I like girls too!!

Tubing Sucks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 10:19am
We ended up with only 4 teams. But it was one of the most competitive races I've been in. For the first 18 miles, three of the teams (us, Wolfpack (N3), and the Corvette boat) were neck and neck. We ended up finishing second in one of our team's best races. Here's a video from our boat. We wanted to get the start of the race. It is deceiving, because it shows the boats as being very spread out across the river. In reality, the team next to us, the Huge Midgets, are only 100'- 150' off our right side. The angle is also strange. It looks as if I'm not looking were I'm going. Trust me, I was. We had to navigate around plenty of fishing boats. Our lead dog was my son Brendan (waterskier2007)

Lockwood River Roar start
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 10:38am
Nice video and good start too. . Who finished 1, 3 and 4?
RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 10:43am
It was one of the closest races I've been apart of up there..

We would have had the Midgets, but I single handedly blew the race for the Wolfpack..

Blowing not 1 or 2, but 3 starts will get you no where..   #isuck

Nice Video though! I'm glad I didn't run my camera..

Huge props to Shawn and his crew for putting on the event!!

Tubing Sucks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 11:28am
First place was the Barefoot Sanger team. I can't think of the team name. We, Burning Soles took second, followed by the Huge Midgets in the Corvette boat, who were just ahead of the Wolfpack (N3).

'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 11:35am
Correction in my earlier post; the boat next to us was the Sanger, not the Huge Midgets. The guy footing next to us is Wayne King. He was teamed with Mark Donahue, Jon Debelak, Matt Machalski, and the only girl in the race, Megan Costic. I was pretty stoked when we had the Last Man Standing for the start of the race.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 11:41am
Wow that's a pretty stacked lineup... You guys skied great! Always tough to gauge distance/angle with the go pro... How does the river compare to the Maumee? BFN advantage?

Barefoot Sanger (outboard) or Sanger Barefooter/DXII (inboard)?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 11:45am
inboard

nice skiing steve! great start
RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 11:54am
The first place team was called the hot shots.. They are studs.. they had to turn after the finish and run a 4th leg so that Megan could get a chance to ski.. Debelak ran a leg and a half alone I heard.

Tubing Sucks.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 11:56am
Very cool.
Great start Brendan.
Thanks for sharing the vid.

-Brad
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 12:02pm
Wow, impressive. Just for kicks, did anyone capture times?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

The guy footing next to us is Wayne King. He was teamed with Mark Donahue, Jon Debelak, Matt Machalski, and the only girl in the race, Megan Costic.

The main 2 ingredients from Bragg's Hot Shots team. These 2 could win the race by themselves.

It's Marc btw.

Interesting article about Jon. 1993 WaterSki
"probably the best skier in the world nobody knows about"
Since the injuries listed in that article he now has fused vertabrae, broken pelvis, and a heel this year (hence all the reported "one-footing"...)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic