Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1979 OMC 454 BFN Engine Rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AnglersEdgeAJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnglersEdgeAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1979 OMC 454 BFN Engine Rebuild
    Posted: May-25-2016 at 12:29am
Looking to either get rebuilt or replace the longblock, any suggestions near the Northern Illinois area? Was contemplating Jasper Engines but they want $3,500 dealer cost for a long block and im not sure of anyone reasonable or reputable in the area, I am a BRP outboard dealer and it looks like most/any parts have to be ordered through a GM dealership according to the parts schematics closest to my model #
Thanks for excusing my ignorance in advance

Model #990339SA
Serial#W663450
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2016 at 1:47am
Im sure the guys will want to know what is the issue your having. That could determine if it needs rebuilt or needs new.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2016 at 2:19am
I'm not recommending any of these,merely posting them to give you an idea on prices.
Atlantic Marine and Rapido Engines. I've seen Atlantic at the Miami boat show have not heard good or bad about them,Rapido has had mixed reviews on forums. Good luck
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2016 at 3:41am
Mike Yank's Speed Performence Engineering in Wauconda, IL has been around since I was in high school and he's a solid engine rebuilder with a lot of racing heritage. Personal
Experience was quite good.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2016 at 12:19pm
Initiating a long block build now might not get it back in time to go boating this year if the machine shops by you are like the ones near me... They're working to a 2-3 month lead time just for block prep, not including assembly. I started my short block rebuild in feb, hoping to splash by 4th of July.

I may have another option for you though... PM sent.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2016 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

Mike Yank's Speed Performence Engineering in Wauconda, IL has been around since I was in high school and he's a solid engine rebuilder with a lot of racing heritage. Personal
Experience was quite good.

I've have been in his shop several times in Palatine and when he moved to Wauconda due to work and having him do things for me. The guy has the cleanest shop of anyplace I've seen. I imagine it would be on par with any big name race team.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic