NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

351w 2-groove crank pulley

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Cheiz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 351w 2-groove crank pulley
    Posted: January-24-2017 at 2:54pm
Are there any other crank pulley options for the 351w 2-groove outside of OEM #R065002?
93 CC Nautique Excel CB 351 GT40
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2017 at 3:26pm
If you have the Ford part number,it opens a whole new world of options. Many times the Ford number is stamped right on the part,the only time I have never seen it is on an oil pan. Get that number and either google it or ebay it. PCM does not make all the parts for a marine conversion, many were off the shelf Ford parts.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Cheiz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2017 at 3:59pm
3 bolt crank pulley with the number stamped on it?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2017 at 4:40pm
Yea that's it.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Cheiz Cheiz wrote:

3 bolt crank pulley with the number stamped on it?

That pulley is pretty hard to find and then to find it at a reasonable price is even harder.

170 bucks at Discount Inboard Marine is about as cheap as you'll probably find.

It was used on a few 69 Fords and that's about it. Some 302's and some 351's.

Starting in 70, Ford went to 4 bolt harmonic balancers and pulleys and the 3 bolt stuff kept being used on marine and industrial engines for many,many years.

Got a lot of use on Ford 351, 302 marine engines over the years

Using my best Pete imitation I'll ask what's wrong with the one you have? Is it dirty and rusty and pitted and ugly?

It could get glass beaded and repainted pretty easily and cheaply too.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2017 at 8:44pm
Not sure what pulley options there are in 4-bolt but a new stock replacement harmonic balancer will be less than $100 (and many will take 4-bolt pulleys).
Cheiz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 10:00am
Thanks KENO.

Yeah pretty beat up, rusted/pitted and I do have a place that can do it which I use for all my motorcycle powdercoating.

So there is no other factory replacements other than Nautique Part R065002?

Is there a specific 69 ford car model that I can get a replacement from a classic car replacement website (ie Classic Industries)?

Summit Racing had this but I think the diameter is wrong...(OEM diameter size?)
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mch-1561/overview/make/ford
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 10:35am
Did you google the Ford number ?
C9OE-6312-E

69 302 Torino Mustang Falcon -w_o_wo/PS
69 302 Ford -55ยท65amp, wo/PS
69 302 Ford w_or_wo/PS
69 351W wo/PS_or_AC
69 351W 42amp, w/PS-wo/AC
2 grooves
Diameter : 6.125"
Overall depth : 2.83"

Ford Service Part Number ID C9OZ-6A312-B

Do you need one by the end of the week? You have to do some digging,one sold on ebay in November for around 55 bucks. There were alot of Fords built so it's not like it's a marine part only. You just need to keep looking and be patient.
I found one of these,even in a good color,took about a year-they are like rocking horse poo

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 1:24pm
I have two three bolt two groove pulley's. one marginally better then the one pictured and another that has some pits but bead blasted and is in good serviceable condition..

Also have a couple 4 bolt harmonic balance and two grove pulley's, mind you though they came off left GT engines.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 1:31pm
Used is certainly an option, but I can only imagine that some performance shop should be able to get you a new one that is machined instead of stamped.    My local speed shop told me that the stamped ones don't always run out very true, where the machined ones have a better chance of being true right from the factory.   Having something that spins true would sure save some belt dust cleanup in your engine box, and would probably give you a better belt life.
Cheiz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 6:50pm
Thanks all.

Talked to Nautiqueparts and they contacted PCM and they are NLA (no longer available)

The diameter/ length is a big help, appreciate it, so ill start the search with all the knowledge/assistance
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 6:55pm

Thanks KENO.

Yeah pretty beat up, rusted/pitted and I do have a place that can do it which I use for all my motorcycle powdercoating.

So there is no other factory replacements other than Nautique Part R065002?

Is there a specific 69 ford car model that I can get a replacement from a classic car replacement website (ie Classic Industries)?

Summit Racing had this but I think the diameter is wrong...(OEM diameter size?)
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mch-1561/overview/make/ford

Geez cheese look what I found

aluminum pulley

It's the right diameter, 3 bolts to mount, 2 belt grooves. It doesn't state the depth but says it's an exact replacement. You could call and ask the depth. Should be about 2 7/8 or to be real precise 2.83 inches.You'll notice it says for 69 302 and 351w engines just like the pulley Gary referenced.

I bought an aluminum pulley for a 351 marine engine quite a few years ago, I think it was from this place and it fit well, might have been some MINOR shimming .for the alternator, but it's not the stock alternator either.

It sure is pretty and still looks like new
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 8:17pm
I found this one the Ford part number listed does not even come up on a Ford part list. I would get ahold of them and ask them for the measurements.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Using my best Pete imitation I'll ask what's wrong with the one you have? Is it dirty and rusty and pitted and ugly?

Ken,
Thanks for the prompt!

Yeah pretty beat up, rusted/pitted

Chris,
Is it really that bad that it can't be cleaned up and then a simple paint job? Are the inside faces of the sheave grooves where the belts ride really worn and or pitted?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I found this one the Ford part number listed does not even come up on a Ford part list. I would get ahold of them and ask them for the measurements.

Hi Gary

The one you linked is 6 5/8 inches in diameter (it mentions it in the description under the list of what it fits) and would physically hit the water pump pulley. The stock 6 1/8 inch pulley has maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch clearance to the water pump pulley.

Edit...........make that about 1/16 inch of clearance between pulleys
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 9:26pm
I decided to put on my long undies, LL Bean boots and trudge thru the snow, thinking all the while about how Gary must be really missing winter way down there in the Keys, uncover the boat and look at the aluminum pulley.

Ok, what really happened was, I went into the garage and looked at it

It's 6 1/8 inches in diameter, about 2 7/8 inches deep and the belts line up perfectly with the water pump pulley.

So...... in other words it's an aluminum replacement for the original steel one

No markings as to brand or part number but like I said, I'm pretty sure it came from the place referenced in my link
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2017 at 4:07pm
I had to replace the pulley when my harmonic balancer went...I was unable to source 3 bolts balancer, and the PCM replacement was the 4 bolts balancer with the pulley...
I think I payed around 300 for both parts....IIRC
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2017 at 4:08pm
270 plus shipping to be exact!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2017 at 4:18pm
Don't be afraid to redrill for different hole spacings
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

I agree since the center bore is the pilot for the concentricity.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 10:20am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

I agree since the center bore is the pilot for the concentricity.

Not quite that simple

First he would need to find a 4 bolt pulley with all the same dimensions as the 3 bolt pulley and you can find that in the "parts that don't exist" catalog.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Not quite that simple

First he would need to find a 4 bolt pulley with all the same dimensions as the 3 bolt pulley and you can find that in the "parts that don't exist" catalog.

20 replies and we never did get an answer to this which could be very simple solution!!
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Chris,
Is it really that bad that it can't be cleaned up and then a simple paint job? Are the inside faces of the sheave grooves where the belts ride really worn and or pitted?

Chris,
What are you going to do?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 12:07pm
The simple solution is cleaning the old one or the one from my link to CJ Pony parts a handful of posts ago or a Ford replacement

Here it is again
aluminum replacement

Clean and paint   cheap

Aluminum 105 dollars and oh so pretty and it works, I have one

Stamped steel Ford 170 dollars
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2017 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

I have two three bolt two groove pulley's. one marginally better then the one pictured and another that has some pits but bead blasted and is in good serviceable condition..

Also have a couple 4 bolt harmonic balance and two grove pulley's, mind you though they came off left GT engines.

Looky looky what I just found. Nearly new condition. $80 plus the ride
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Cheiz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2017 at 2:55pm
Ha, thanks all for the help.

Looks like there is a replacement out there from the cjpony website.

Cheiz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2017 at 2:56pm
Thanks KENO lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic