NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

87 BFN b4 Eric

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 87 BFN b4 Eric
    Posted: February-03-2007 at 11:35am
Hey guys hope this works here is some shots of the old girl before Eric started on.

Pretty rotten ah???
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 11:40am
here are some pics that are not so depressing.

I know it definitely is not as nice as some of the other wonderful looking boats on this site. But I hope through some hard work, understanding from the wife, and some help from Eric at fantastic Finish marine.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 11:42am
sorry guys I'll shrink the pics some next time, first time posting pics should be better next time.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 1:32pm
87BFN....I think your boat looks great, except the rotten stringers of course. Did you redo the interior? Any pictures of the 454?

-JMurph
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 2:10pm
87BFN, where are you located? are you in Ohio?
I think the pics look fine, bigger the better, lets us see the detail... as long as you don't have to scroll too much. Nice looking boat, should be real nice when Eric's done with it.

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 4:29pm
got more pics I'll

post them later

eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 5:02pm
87, that thing looks awesome! That should really be a a sight when Eric is done and you get the motor tweeked next year.

Sweet ride
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 8:16pm
That's sharp....I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for you to be able to get her up to GL this year.

Rob
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 8:36pm
supercharge it!!!!!!!!!!lol.......i say that cause my buddy keeps insisting i put his vortec on my 351..........nice looking boat!!!!!!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

bigger the better,

why am I not surprised at this quote from our resident knob expert?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 9:33pm
..i was just thinking about knobs and randy came into mind.lol.............hink ill but the aluminium one from skidim for20+ bucks!!!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 9:34pm
87 mc????????????...should say oh!!!!!!lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 10:27pm
randy no I am from Michigan.

Thanks for the compliments guys. But it does have some nicks here or there in the stripes. The back center seat needs to be recovered. But the cosmetics are next year.

I am trying to make sure I am GL. Looking forward to it.

Eric is working on it getting any easier or does it continue to make you hurt finger with more tools. Really though I hope your finger is doing better. Check is in the mail went out today. Look for it Tuesday. I addressed it to you, with the shop address of course though.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 10:35pm
motor pics as requested

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 10:46pm
motor needs cleaning and dressing up I know.

Here are some pics of problem areas in gel coat that Eric is fixing. I really do envy you guys on the site that have the time and willingness to do stringer, gel coat, fibergla$$ work. I give you nothing but my utmost respect.

see I told ya it wasn't as pretty as you guys thought. It is rough in some spots, don't get me wrong when washed up it does look pretty good. But I plan on carring on the sites tradition and restoring it to great shape.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 11:48pm
87, Why are there skis in the background of a Barefoot Nautique?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 8:34am
Great looking boat, I love big blocks and hope to have one next. My wife asks why? "Just because".

Those hull repairs although they may look horrible to you are probably a piece of cake for the guy you've got working on it. Did you hit a submerged log with that rudder or is that a stress problem from the bad stringers letting the driveline twist?
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 9:51am
I think thats from whacking something, the shaft is bent....hard at the taper and the prop looks like it took a good hit, maybe a log between the hull and prop. the rotted structure (floor, supports) were all gone and thats what keeps the boat from twisting.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 9:54am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 10:16am

this is where the front meets the back, luckily rock solid
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 10:18am

foam next to strigers, very wet, main stringers rock solid
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 10:20am

once dug out again you can see the water, they added this section for the engine width
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 10:22am

under helm, air box in front, no plywood on top of foam
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 1:07pm
Eric, the main were rotted at the back though right?

So maybe it wont be as bad as we originally thought, as far as the stringer replacement goes?

Lake the skies are there for those of us that don't know how to foot yet. That's this summers goal. I know seems funny guy owns BFN and can't foot. I think its funny to.

Just takes time and practice, I plan on sticking to it until I learn how this year. Problem is I refuse to use the training boom I have. I trying to learn by deep up only, no drops either.

AS for hitting something with the boat, not to my knowledge but shaft could have been bent since I bought it. Like I told Eric I never noticed a vibe because it always road smooth, no vives no niose. Then the last month of this season it started to get a helicopter sound, you know a whooping sound and I think that might be when the prop got wacked. There is a shallow end of our lake where if you whole shot it to hard you can hit bottom depending on water level.

Either way it is getting fixed now, but it is a mystery I going to try to solve.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 1:31pm
So you think they make barefoot booms for decoration? They're a training aid man to keep you from getting hurt and you'll progress 10 times faster than behind the boat. Take it from someone who learned in the early 80's without a boom. You're not wimping out no matter what anyone says. If you haven't made it by Green lake this summer I guarantee you will go home a barefooter. Half a dozen guys there including myself that would love to help you figure it out.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 2:17pm
try using an old wakeboard
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 3:54pm
I used to neal on a hydroslide then turn my feet so they were in front of me , then slowly put my feet down until the hydroslide would go out from under me . Made it probably 95% of the time . It was harder to turn your feet around than it was to actualy stand up .

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 8:47pm
Jim we all learned the hard way, no boom, no suits and lots-o-pain. No need to be a hero....take advantage of all the stuff they use now-a-days. No need to do it the hard way, right Larry??

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2007 at 11:00pm
my experince is that on that spot behind the rutter, it should have been ground out then filled, might just come right back out.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2007 at 7:30am
someone tried fixing a spot already, i'll grind it out then use long ang strong, then duragla$$, with that shaft being bent the way it was and the prop, something had to get caught between there and possibly even stall the engine (at one time) possibly maybe happened in reverse. I might be able to tell whan i take the trans apart
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic