NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

jbear sighting!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jbear sighting!!!
    Posted: August-01-2007 at 2:49am
Hey all,

Just had to let you know that jbear IS still around! He called me from a dock in Tn this morning... Said he's anxious to see all of the GL pics when he gets back to his computer.

Sounds like he's looking forward to this weekend at "The Reids" on his way back to Fl. (Lucky dog!) anyway ,hope to see him posting here again soon!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 2:57am
Steve,

Really looking forward to meeting and skiing with the famous JBear this weekend at Reid's place, and yes I too feel like a Lucky Dog!!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 3:06am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Steve,

and yes I too want to get Lucky with Reids Dog!!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2007 at 7:57am
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2007 at 12:25am
I spoke with JBear this afternoon. Said he was sitting out on the point at the ReidP estate, getting ready to head to the airport and pick up the Chicago crew. Sounds like they will have a good time down in Charlotte this weekend. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2007 at 2:29am
Thanks guys for the "props". Nice to know you were missed.

As MM will agree with, the palatial Pinkham Complex is incredable. Words just cannot describe it. I think there may be a few pics on here shortly. Me and Patti had an incredable visit. To finally meet quinner, Johnny and see H.W. again was great. Well, Patti was mainly interested in seeing H.W.

There are quite a few stories that will come out from this weekend, but, the first you guys might want to ask Skicat about is how his visit with North Carolina's Watercraft officers was.

Anyhow, a great time was had by all. A word to the wise; if Reid asks ya to his place, don't even think of turning him down.

john

ps to MM; I never noticed that pic was from Hickory Star! It was to cool to have you guys go so far outa your way just to visit me and Patti.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2007 at 2:43am
jbear...are you back home now??
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2007 at 3:26am
Mark; We just got home about 8:45 pm. What an awesome time. Meeting quinner, Johnny and seeing H.W. was cool. Met Skicat from Atlanta too. And all of the usual crowd that hangs at Reid's dock. What a place!

Gotta hit the sack. Off to work tomorrow. Hi to Lisa for us.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2007 at 11:18am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Gotta hit the sack. Off to work tomorrow.

john

Welcome back to the "REAL" world jbear!!!! Glad to hear you made it back home ok! Talk to you soon....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2007 at 11:31am
Jbear, somehow I figured you would be the first to start talking trash about the weekend. I am assuming what happens in NC doesn't stay in NC. Anyway I agree with jbear, great weekend, outstanding hosts, very nice locals, great guys on the site to meet. A good time was had by all. (most of the time) I have a lot of pics to put up as soon as I get a chance.
Greg

86 BFN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2007 at 9:37pm

Gotta hit the sack. Off to work tomorrow. Hi to Lisa for us.

john

What's a retired phone man doing going to work for? Beer and gas money?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 1:07am
So you want some Jbear sitings? At his best AND most mischievous.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 1:17am
Hey Gary, you should know better than anyone...us old cable repairmen got lots of energy left from those all-night cable cuts...sleeping in the truck taking turns watching so tht no-one steals the man-hole. And yeah...beer and gas ain't cheap here in Florida.

Thanks for the pics Reid.

Gary; N.C. sure ain't Vegas......what goes on at the Lake goes right on here. Hope you made it home safe. We followed your directions....easy drive but it was 99 out as we made our way thru Hotlanta listening to the Braves.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 2:11am
jbear,

Love hearing about the guys getting together! 62 - nice call getting this thread started.

I was hoping to meet the NE guys at the upcoming reunion but it is looking less and less likely (work - wish I was retired). For now, I will live vicariously through posts like this. More pics please...

Mike

ps - jbear, where is that pattern? I'm itching to build another platform and I have found a good local source for teak and Ipe. C'mon now, my parole officer is counting on you.

pps - I don't have a parole officer
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2007 at 3:31am
Mike; Have been meaning to call but lost your number. I have the pattern sitting on the kitchen counter. Got real busy with 3 work camps thru my job then left here for 3 weeks, 2 in Tennessee and 1 in North Carolina where I was lucky enough to visit the fabulous Pinkham Complex. I will search around to see if I lost your address.

In my job I work with people who need community service. Tell your "parloe officer" you need some community service time around January or February. Me and MM and our ladies will show ya a good time.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 1:52am
Jbear,

Welcome home to the site. If your hair weren't so "light" I'd say you were the same age as the others.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 2:03am
Thanks jbear,

I'll shoot for January - I would love to meet up with you, MM and the ladies. In Feb work takes me to Mexico, a beautiful place called Mayakoba (7th and 15th greens are on the Gulf of Mexico).

I shot you an email through the site, let me know if you got it.

Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2007 at 6:23pm
I always wondered how jbear became so good at dealing with and mentoring us young guys. I recently found he's got a real background in it. Here is his Child Development Center. This is actually a real place here in Mooresville NC, in one of the main Nascar race shop parks where employees can drop off their kids. When I peered over the fence however, I swear I saw some kids that looked just like Hollywood, Johnny, Tim Benj, Nateski, and a few other young'uns, all wearing grr-animal or underoo shorties.   

ReidP
1973 Mustang

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2007 at 11:14pm
Reid...classic, what a great discovery. I can't quite make out the writing in yellow underneath the Jbear, but I'm pretty sure its says loud pipes saves lives, doesn't it?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2007 at 12:34am
[QUOTE=reidp] I always wondered how jbear become so good at dealing with and mentoring us young guys.

Who included you in the young guys?
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2007 at 12:36am
[QUOTE=reidp] When I peered over the fence however, I swear I saw some kids that looked just like Hollywood, Johnny, Tim Benj, Nateski, and a few other young'uns, all wearing grr-animal or underoo shorties.   

Better not tell quinner about this place then...he'll wanna visit the kiddies.
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2007 at 1:01am

[QUOTE=reidp] I always wondered how jbear become so good at dealing with and mentoring us young guys.

Who included you in the young guys?

I, the author, and also because I'm still a grasshopper compared to the master. And also because grasshopper know how to get rise from master. ROFR (raulf out *ucking roud)   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2007 at 3:05am
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Loud pipes save lives"

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2010 at 7:04pm
Bumping this up from 2007.

I got a call from the Jbear this morning saying he, Patti & Jo "The Tenn Wonderdog" wanted to hook up for lunch on his way thru GA to Tenn. I had to work today so he said no problem we just meet somewhere's round the airport. Long story short we hooked up for lunch just off the runway here in ATL. He wanted me to pass along that he'd be off the site for about 3 weeks and possibly longer when he got home as both computers at the house are down.

Thanks again John and Patti for jumping off the interstate and even taking a unplanned tour of the Int'l terminal constrution area to have lunch with a boat buddy.    
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2010 at 7:19pm
Tim,
When you talk to him again (or I'll give him a call) tell him he has to do what I do when I'm up north without a computer. Go in town and use the one at the library!! I have been wondering where's he's been!! The guy does seem to have plenty of computer problems! I think some or most are his own! You'd think for a guy that connected wires all his life he'd have more computer savvy!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2010 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

The guy does seem to have plenty of computer problems! I think some or most are his own!

Bingo!
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2010 at 9:21pm
I think his hard drive is too full. (Kapla's photos)
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2010 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

I think his hard drive is too full. (Kapla's photos)

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2010 at 10:50pm
Just got off the phone with JBear.
He's driving up to TN and had to concentrate on the road...

Lewy, good one!!!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2010 at 12:44am
Funny!

In jbear's defense tho, He called me yesterday and he said his whole subdivision's net has been down.... (maybe those pics melted the wiring)!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic