NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yucatan Yellow Correct Craft??

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yucatan Yellow Correct Craft??
    Posted: September-25-2007 at 2:01am
Does anyone know of a 60's CC with Yucatan Yellow hull color? Ive been thinking about that for the 'cuda I just bought. (you can see the color in the 66 and 68 literature)

I see a Mustang in the diaries in Mi , but dont know the guy and his email didnt go thru.... Id really like to look at a boat in person sometime, but good pic would even help...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 2:05am
I think I saw that color on the Eagles yesterday.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 9:17am
Steve, I know of one up north but will not get up there untill Christmas to get in the storage shed at Watercraft to take some pictures. The Yucatan yellow is a brighter yellow (not as brown) as in the ref section.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 11:21am
Pete,
I was looking in the 68 Ref section... There is a Cuda pic there, but Im wondering if it is too dark? ...

Also a pic of a Mustang... This looks lighter...maybe closer to actual color?

What you think?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 11:39am
The lighter yellow is closer to the true color.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 12:04pm
I concur with Pete. The Barracuda is a bit golder than the actual color. The smaller lower pictures are closer to the real color. We had a 66 Yucatan Mustang.

(photo from 1972)
Even in this picture the yellow is coming across just a bit golder than the actual color. I'd say the two lower shots of the Barracude in the brochure are pretty close. Even tho we had the whole boat yellow, I always liked the looks of the white deck.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 12:22pm
I would go with the white deck too. As original!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 12:39pm
I'm with you guys on the white deck for sure!...but Pete, as for original, wasnt solid color standard?

Weird thing is in the 66 literature the two-tone boats shown have colored decks with white hulls... what gives?... did they also do the "reversed" option, like the 68 pics show?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 12:52pm
66 & 67 boats were solid color. They started the solid hull and white decks in 1968.

IMHO, Yucatan yellow is not a hot color for a hot boat like a Barracuda.   
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 12:53pm
Steve, You're correct that the 66 lit shows all solid color decks and hull with the exception of the Nautique that had the reverse. What is the original color of your deck? Has it been painted the white?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 12:56pm
Pete, The white hull with colored decks are seen pretty often on the pre 66 fiberglass boats.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 1:03pm
Pete,
The original color was Mahogany..kind of maroon looking...doing it in that color is still not out of the picture,just lots of them made that color..... just looking for something a little different?

Someone did a nasty midnight blue paint job along the way...not sure where the white came from?

Riley, what color would you do? (really would like to keep one of the original 66's color if poss.)
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 1:16pm
We should start a new thread on this subject.........
My vote is to leave as is, the spots are unique and tacky,and will make it easy to spot on the lake.
The mustard yellow is my pick,the deck can go either way.......
Don't know why the hype or rush on colors,it will be several years before that part of the puzzle comes together.........LOL
Offer still stands Steve,you need the room for the wooden boat............
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 1:20pm
62, where yours is a 66, (must be an early 66 because it doesn't have vents in the hood scoop), I would paint it a solid color. I know what you mean about maroon. Just about every Barracuda I have ever seen was marroon. I think that boat would look good in bright red. If you look at the cover of the 66 brochure, there are two Barracudas on it. One is marroon and the other is probably tangerine, but it looks red in the picture, and I have always thought that that particular boat was the best looking Barracuda that I have ever seen. My families boat that is in the diaries section was marroon, but the deck was painted fire engine red. I always wished the whole boat was that color.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

just looking for something a little different?

Jade Green and Tangerine seem to be pretty rare.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 1:57pm
Tim,
Ive thought of the tangerine as my second choice... but it seems like more of a70's color? I do like it tho.. Is this boat tangerine?

As for the color red, everyone would think I was a southern swamp-"Billy"

Actually ANY of the 60's hull look great in red, but my 64 is trimmed in red...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 2:10pm

Compliments of "keep it original" Pete
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 2:24pm
Here is a friend of mine's 66 Wildcat. I took thses pics this past Labor Day weekend. The boat has been painted, but they mathced the original color really well. I've know this boat since about 1970, and it has always been a great looking boat.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2335&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1966
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 2:47pm
So, we now have a new color of red called "southern swamp"?? I'm glad I didn't come up with the idea. I'd hate to have the wrath of the south come down on me!

I don't think the Tangerine is too 70's. I'll never forget the day I was at Watercaft when I believe it was Ralph Meloon showed up with a all Tangerine Mustang. It was the late 60's and he was on tour visiting all his dealers. This Mustang did NOT have a stock engine in it (I wish I remembered what was in it!) and he took me for a ride that scared the hell out of me!! As a kid in my early teens, it was very impressive to say the least. No wonder I didn't remember what engine it had. That all Tangerine Mustang stuck in my mine for years. Probably until the Seperator came out.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 2:48pm
Riley,
Funny! Ive already put those pics in my "Cyber-file" for the 66! It IS a great looking boat... Do you/they have the paint code used?

Now Im confused... good thing I have time before final decision...

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 2:58pm
I bet they do beacause they have painted it twice during the past 16 years and both times they did a great job matching the color. I'll see if I can get it.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 3:03pm
From a personality standpoint, I can most easily see Steve in either the buckskin or champagne color. Not really of course, but how about that Jade that Tim mentioned, or even better yet in my opinion, the rich looking Turquoise. You don't see many of those around and it was a hot color on two tone cars and pick-ups of the era. White deck and turquoise seats piped in white, yes sir buddy.       
ReidP
1973 Mustang

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

So, we now have a new color of red called "southern swamp"?? I'm glad I didn't come up with the idea. I'd hate to have the wrath of the south come down on me!

Actually I say that VERY affectionately... (thought Id get a response from the Doc) I figure the only way I can ever compete at GL is not use the same color as Billy or Paul used!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

From a personality standpoint, I can most easily see Steve in either the buckskin or champagne color. Not really of course, but how about that Jade that Tim mentioned, or even better yet in my opinion, the rich looking Turquoise. You don't see many of those around and it was a hot color on two tone cars and pick-ups of the era. White deck and turquoise seats piped in white, yes sir buddy.       

I think this is the only boat I've ever seen in those colors.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=228&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1925&yrend=2008
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Reid, glad you didnt say "rainbow"
Turquoise would probably be my 3rd choice..theres a 66 Wildcat in the diaries....maybe I just dont have enough boats...can you help me with that?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 3:17pm
wow .....Riley posted same thing!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 3:19pm
62, looking at your boats in the above photo, I see you have vent windows. Are they something you made up of lexon, or are they original?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Are they something you made up of lexon, or are they original?

I'm sure glad that polycarbonate was made back then!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Tim,
Ive thought of the tangerine as my second choice... but it seems like more of a70's color? I do like it tho..

I think it would look good. In case it wasnt obvious, the color wheel I posted is right out of the '66 brochure.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 3:54pm
I think we need to get a opinion poll going to help Steve with this problem. We then can count up all the votes!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic