NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winter 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter 2008
    Posted: February-28-2008 at 5:28pm
It just keeps snowing.

I'm glad the contractor that lead this job keeps his boat in here.

This snow bank is 12' high and will be there until at least May 1.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 6:30pm
We are finally getting a break this week in Kansas. I hope it is a sign of things to come.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 8:29pm
A few miles south of Green Lake ... and no, neither of those guys are me. That is my son and my nephew. Both of whom are about 4ft tall.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 8:33pm
I know how tall stop signs are here...that's not for me! We'll be near 60 tomorrow with a chance of rain.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 9:25pm
We had freezing rain in Feburary 3 years ago. Ice cicles were 2 feet long, and no electricty for 2 days, that made me get a generator.
Tim D
RLSV211 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLSV211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 9:43pm
71 degrees today in Northern California. Put shorts on when I got home from work.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 9:44pm
We getting another 8-10" Saturday.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 9:47pm
Weve had a bunch of stupid less than 5 inch snows and I cant even get the snowmobiles out to ride or push snow to make money. I dont mind mass ammounts of snow because if its going to be cold snow makes it fun but this little pansy snow ticks me off. Im gettin Correct Craft feever bad I havent seen the boat for almost 5 months:(
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 10:04pm
We normally get about 45" per year. We've already had 85" and have March to go. I can't say I'm getting sick of snow, but I'm getting close. The snow we've gotten has been followed by rain/ice events within days. The snowboarding actually hasn't been that good.
Like all of my fellow northerners, I'm getting jacked for spring. In fact, if the weather allows Sunday, I might just hook it up to my truck and tow it around.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 10:12pm
Steve , i do not wish to rub salt in a tender wound but........GOOGLE 71354
Scroll down to the second link, "forcast" and click

The weather here sucks too.....Boat dr
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 10:47pm
[QUOTE=tullfooter] I might just hook it up to my truck and tow it around.

Sunday I was joking with my son that we should hitch the boat up & take it out on the (frozen) lake - he could hook a line on & snowboard. Good thing the boat is drifted in the shed - this cabin fever is making me crazy enought that I might do it!

Now Hollywood, just cause I suggested it . . .
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2008 at 10:16am
Rob
My kids are doing that but behind the quad.

Doc, I'd rather have snow (3"-5" today) than rain, which your getting today. The problem is, we're going to have rain on Sunday, but at 42 degrees . I guess the boat stays inside.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2008 at 11:06am
Worlds tallest snowwoman. Some people get pretty bored this time of year.

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2008 at 11:40am
We're finally getting a bit of break today (Kansas City area); I rode my motorcycle to work this morning.

Chuck

Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2008 at 12:45pm
Big snowwomen and ice castles in the north! You can't do this in the south Doc!! I know, you are going to tell me that ice is supposed to cool down your favorite beverage!
These are Eagle Rivers (the snowmobiling capital of the world) ice castle from 2 years.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2008 at 12:51pm
Pete there is enough ice there to cool several glasses of sweetened iced tea.
Can't wait till summer gets here,100+ is alright with me.....
Keep the white stuff there and we will keep the bugs down here, oh i forfot you have bugs too............
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2008 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

oh i forfot you have bugs too............

But not all year!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2008 at 7:52pm
our bugs are on the outside of the house..
"the things you own will start to own you"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2008 at 11:28pm

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Ouch Eric! Damn, that was cold.True,but cold .

Hey Riley you better get the roof rake out.I wouldn't bet my pride and joy on anyones craftmanship once you get some rain on top of all that snow.I heard a rumor today that one of Irwin Marine's roofs collapsed just the other day onto the 30 boats below that were being stored.Not good. Another 6-10" tonight. Is it ever going to end

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 12:10am
Mike, the bottom 2 feet is heavy icey stuff. It's just built to regular standards, 65#/sq.foot. I don't know what that stuff weighs, but maybe Sat. afternoon I should rake it off. I'd die if that building collasped.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 1:09am
   You're probably ok Bruce,but if you have a rake and some spare time it may be worth it for the peace of mind.Who am I to talk anyway.The roof at our camp probably looks just as bad......and is older......and has less pitch....but then again,my boat isn't inside it and I can always sleep on my dock this summer if the roof caves in

That's quite a project they built with that snowwoman.Looks like they used full size trees for the arms! Is that in Bethel?

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 1:19am
Yeah, Bethel. They just finished it this week. It's a real construction project.

No sense worrying about the camp, the boat's not in there. We've got three in the garage. The Mustang is in the middle.

I was riding around the lake today while I was working. A lot of people were shoveling their roofs off. S load of snow every where.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 11:24am
Bruce, I just noticed something! Is your snowwoman Jewish?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 11:28am
Pete, is it the beanie? or the star that gave it away
"the things you own will start to own you"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 11:31am
I don't know. If your looking at the thing around her neck, I think its a snow flake.

http://www.bethelmainesnowwoman.com/webcam.html
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 11:39am
Eric, It was the star of David plus, I thought that only men wore yamaka's.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 6:09pm
I have a question.....Based on those photos where is Al Gore and the global warming folks?
hasbeenskier
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 6:16pm
They all flew down to Aruba for the winter.

Research, you know.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 9:22pm

FL's a big state and we've lots of room!!!
Come on down!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 11:49pm
   Adam,

I tried that already.Wife shot it down . She thinks if we come down there she won't see me all week 'cause there's so many CCfans there.She's smarter than I think. I told her she could stay home.....so she took the kids to Mexico for vacation and left ME home instead.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic