NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1011121314 442>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2008 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

But what is the deal with it being a red boat with a blue interior? The background looks like a dealer or salvage yard. I wonder if he was putting 2 different boats together. It might be a 'newer' engine, trans and interior out of a wreck for the red hull.

Im certain thats exactly what it is. The blue interior and Excal powertrain appear to be out of a current direct drive CC.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2008 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Interior looks solid as well,

What interior!??!? Are we looking at the same post, I see three pictures of a hull in an overgrown field, with a cover on it, no pictures of the interior, no pictures of the engine, and a picture of what looks like some spare parts, from a different boat, the guy has lying around his office.
-Adam

1973 Skier
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2008 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

1984 SN 2001 Project $4500, newer trailer + Excalibur

I think I remember seeing a pic of the EXCAL in an older ad too.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2008 at 7:59pm
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2008 at 9:13pm
I thought 79 already sold his boat...
coltsphan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coltsphan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2008 at 11:11pm
My Link

20' boat
coltsphan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coltsphan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2008 at 11:13pm
[URL=http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/boa/865018520.html]67 Mustang/URL]
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 5:22pm

I thought 79 already sold his boat...

yea what ever
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

IM NOT GOING TO SEND OUT A MILLION PICS TO TIRE KICKERS, IF YOU ARE TRULLY INTRESTED YOU WILL MAKE THE DRIVE TO COME SEE. ITS IN PRESTINE COND. I PAID OVER 30K TO HAVE BOAT RESTORED TO ORIGINAL GLORY.

I couldn't resist emailing this seller to find out more on the "100 year" wood. He emailed me back and asked for me to call him so I did. He started off not even allowing me to ask any questions but rather went into this big story about the boats history. It was a friends fathers boat. I also had to hear about these boats being used at Cypress Gardens as tow boats. (That's a new one!!) Regarding the stringers, I don't know if he was being evasive or he just wasn't that familiar with the wood. First he told me it was a composite then switched his story and said it was some kind of fancy wood that was kiln dried. He then stated that it was very expensive - $200 for the wood just to do the stringers!! Hmmm!! Sounds like he had all the work done "professionally" and now has got all the $$$ tied up in it and wants the $18,900 even though stating he's put 30K into it! I asked him if he thought he would get it and he said yes because it's been completely "restored" - new engine and tuck & pleated upholstery!! He also feels that boats in Florida are very expensive. I wished him the best of luck with his sale. If he had placed his ad on ebay, he sure would be a great candidate for a post in our other thread on people selling things!!!

BTW, He works at a transmission repair. I guess that doesn't require proper spelling! Sorry Eric - ether you are a good speller or you have "spell check" !!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2008 at 10:10pm
fish nautique in SE Mass

Just up the road from me if any one is interested.

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 2:07am

1986 2001 for $3K in Tampa, FL

I must say that I get a little weary when they don't post pictures and even more so when they state in their ad "I don't have any pictures"

Edit: See, I was right, boat is discussed HERE
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 3:07am
Exactly why we need guys like skibum and hasbeen...gotta cover each others backs.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 3:15am

Club CCFan...Thicker than Thieves!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 3:25am
Got that right!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

skibum1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 2:43pm
Yeah we looked at that boat yesterday. In this case pics are worth a thousand words. Not worth 3K, maybe 1K to part out. Its been sitting uncovered and under a tree for more then a year.
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team
ryanowen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 4:58pm
FYI. This is my boat on craigslist. You can see more pics on the slideshow link in my diary. Hope I have it priced right... feel free to input on that. I need to get something already restored, so I'm going to sell this and try to find something finished.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2008 at 7:45pm
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2008 at 9:32pm
Doesn't this sound a little over carb'd for a 289:

289 inboard with new heads, and a 780 Holley on it.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2008 at 10:57pm
This is interesting to me:

Early '60 Starflite?

16' boat with bench seat. The only thing with a bench seat and a check on the sides is a Star Flite.

Here is what the owner says:
It has a ford interceptor motor.
It has a bench seat in the front and a bench seat in the back.
I don't know about the transmission.
The engine will fire, really don't know more beyond that.
as for taking pictures we have had problems. It is in the garage/single boat garage. Really not much room. We are not great on the computer so downloading them has been difficult.
The boat is at lake lanier GA. you can come see it.
If you have other questions I will answer as best I can.
The boat was bought 18 yrs ago. It has a v-8 ford interceptor.
The carbs are duel.
the engine at this point probably needs overhauling.
it hasn't been used in about 10 yrs. At the time we had small children and bought a new fish/ski with a deep haul.
This correct craft is a ski boat.
If you have the time for her, she was a great and fun boat, had intentions of bringing her back. Family, job and now horses leave no time for the lake. Our other boat never touched the water this year.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2008 at 12:46am
Steve,
Wrong-o about the only thing with a check hull and bench seat being a Star Flite.

I happen to know a guy that has an early American Skier with those items!

Have you talked with the guy? Maybe you could get the hull ID number from him?

As for the dual carbs, sounds like an old 312?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2008 at 9:04am
That's not far from me...
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2008 at 10:50am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Steve,
I'm assuming this picture is from when you got the boat. What's on the bottom? Some kind of antifouling? Ether that or it looks like it had been sitting in a Lake Lanier mud hole!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2008 at 11:31am
Pete,
Yes , thats the first time I got the ol girl wet.

As for the bottom, its not paint, it's scale! It looked like concrete. Thanks to Pat Allen's suggestion, I used muratic acid to clean it off. NOT a fun job and definately an outside one!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2008 at 12:29am
You gotta go see it Greg...take pictures and report back.
You know how nosy some of us are!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2008 at 6:13pm
Came across this Mustang for $1400
1968 Mustang in Michigan
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2008 at 8:15pm
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2008 at 8:33pm
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2008 at 8:44pm
HW, I don't take the time to cross reference to the site. I have some saved searches and the interesting ones get thrown up here, FWIW.

That woodie has a lot of parts that are on my 62 so I'd guess it is a very late 50's up to one of the last woodies they made. For $500, I'd take the hardware, but then be stoned for sending a rare boat to the fire pit.

Yeah, I'd reckon that it wouldn't take much to take that home. But isn't a little insulting that is 100% more for CCF'ers than the great Craigslist unwashed, heh heh.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2008 at 10:55pm

Yeah, I'd reckon that it wouldn't take much to take that home. But isn't a little insulting that is 100% more for CCF'ers than the great Craigslist unwashed, heh heh.

That's good info. Thanks!
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 8:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1011121314 442>
  Share Topic