Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001v-drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1112131415 21>
Author
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2009 at 8:57pm
Been busy at work so I havn't got much done.I did get my rear logo

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2009 at 12:18am
Take the 2001 plaque off then and send it to me.

Marty Mabe
610 Ladford Lane
High Point,NC 27265-2871
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2009 at 12:42pm
they would know best, i did some crane work a few years back and the converter was hanging and causing a leak and the guy who installed it pulled the bracket in with bolts causing even more deflection. The crane was up in the U.P at some pit, I jumped off the side of the crane and the snow was up to my neck..that was a miserable job
"the things you own will start to own you"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2009 at 10:04pm
Got the seat bases done and built the motor cage.The interior is very roomy

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2009 at 11:37pm
This project is very interesting to follow. You are doing a fantastic job. Keep up the good work.

I hope you could find time to bring the boat to the reunions next year.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2009 at 4:18am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

I hope you could find time to bring the boat to the reunions next year.

...those who have fallen and those who will.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2009 at 5:38am
Did you have to cut the rear seat base to clear the V Drive.?
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2009 at 10:34am
It is looking really good! Are you going to use those rear ballast bags you have in the picture? It looks like it is right up against the exhaust manifold. With your skills you could weld some killer stainless steel or aluminum tanks to put back there!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2009 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Chopper Chopper wrote:

Did you have to cut the rear seat base to clear the V Drive.?

Ill have to post a picture this evening because words won't cut it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2009 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by akabulla akabulla wrote:

It is looking really good! Are you going to use those rear ballast bags you have in the picture? It looks like it is right up against the exhaust manifold. With your skills you could weld some killer stainless steel or aluminum tanks to put back there!

I am going to use the 550 bags so I have more storage when there empty and to make easy access for maintenance.They actually fit pretty good.
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2009 at 3:51pm
gotcha. I know the manifolds don't get to hot with the water in them but if they do will the bags melt?
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2009 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

not to critique the beautiful job, but thats alot of weight hanging off the aluminum bellhousing, and i would guess there would be some deflection because of it. correct me if im wrong, but id do remember on the v-drives the brackets go to the Walers gear box??? BTW im posting a pic of the Hurth 630v apart for future reference, its apart but you can see the precision, I like the Walters also, i just I had a problem with the people that run Walters

Eric I agree with you about hanging the V-drive out their but on the otherside of the story we did not use supports until the suppersport with the Walters gear. The walters supports are not very adjustment friendly. I had enough in 99 or 2000 and came up with the supports that were used until CC went over to the PCM V-drive. These utilized a regular motor mount and trunion assembly.

Eric you got get away from the Hurth Cool-aid their is a reason they call them throw away units.
Me, I like the Casale 10* units will take big horsepower and thrust.
Then again they go in a completly different beast.

This V-drive conversion is turning out to be rather trick!! (old School lingo) thanks for the up dates.

Keep in mind I did the first V-drive on the sport while working at CC, However the mule that I put it in was a plywood deck on a 93 Sport hull Beast. Those were the day's.

Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2009 at 5:35pm
Joey,they won't melt but its never a good idea to have them rubbing anything.The tubing is a frame in which to mount the trim panels and support the sundeck.

Jody,I almost used a casale but the easy installation of the walters was too much temptation to bare.
kylem428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylem428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2009 at 8:55pm
Any updates??!! I'm anxious as I am sure a lot of people are... sorry if I am too pushy but this project is great and I really enjoy following it!

Kyle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2009 at 10:56pm

jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2009 at 11:25pm
More awesome work. I really like the graphics and the way you incorporated your name. You definetly deserve the recognition.

Is your sundeck going to be 1 peice?
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2009 at 12:05am
The sundeck is going to be one peice with a walkway on the port.
Pgaboeing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pgaboeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2009 at 10:24am
Will the sundeck be powered lift or manual. Great Work!!
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2009 at 11:34am
The articulated sundeck hinges are very cool. Where did you find them?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2009 at 2:19pm
The hinges are off a truck bed cover but theres a company making them now for custom applications.I just had these laying around so want not waste not.
Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 2:07pm
F&F

I've been quietly following along with your build, just had to drop a line and say this is turning into one bada$$ boat! Your work is amazing, if I only had half your skills I would tackle this project. Keep up the nice work, can't wait to see some pics of this sweet ride in the water!
JohnG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 4:24pm
F&F,

This is an impressive and ambitious project! Congrats on a great job!

Question: Who will be the first to do this in a BFN?
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 4:30pm
ok, now I know it is Christmas time but you can't just stop working and stop posting pictures. What else is there for us to do? Your our entertainment for the winter. . It isn't like we can be out on the water so get back to work
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 5:04pm
haven´t gone through the 13 pages yet...but any ideas of adding extra ponies?
with that config I really think you will need them...
merry x-mas...
Kapla
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
84resto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84resto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 5:22pm
no need for extra HP, just prop it properly and it performs extremely well.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 5:25pm
Comming from you I take it for granted
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
JohnG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 5:32pm
84Resto,

I have read through the buildup on your 2001 and I want to send you my congrats. That is one slick conversion; a perfect combination of modifications and classic style. I really like the engine cover, pylon setup and finished look of the seating. I know the purists still shudder at the thought but you guys have really pushed the envelope on what's possible with these old boats! That's a setup that CC should have built!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 11:59pm
Christmas has got me screwed up big time.I have been fighting with car dealers for a month trying to replace my wifes car as a christmas present.She still hasn't figured it out yet.Next week I will get back on it.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 2:35am
We'll be waiting on the photo's. Merry Christmas dude!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 10:28am
I had a plastics guy stop in with quite a few samples of his products and the marine uses, its called king plastics i believe...sundecks, swim platforms even non skid flooring. the real cool stuff was the multi-color, the center was a different color so you could mill or engrave into that color, its polyethylene, it could be welded for custom engine boxes etc..the multicolor could be made into a real custom deck. I'll post the website when i get to work
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1112131415 21>
  Share Topic