NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 167168169170171 442>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 2:50pm
Looks like a Martinique, Mike.    A lot of the hardware would fit a 2nd gen SN.

nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 3:05pm
Tim, Duh you are right it is a Martinique I am used to the look of the Mustang 17 that is why I said Mustang in my last post.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 3:18pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 3:26pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 3:42pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 3:48pm
One for Pete ! Fiberglassed below the waterline .... Oh No !!
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 3:53pm
Interesting Rare Chris Craft

Sorry for double posting
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 3:58pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 3:59pm
Kevin the XK series Chris Craft's were very cool boats I have a friend that has a XK-19 with Vdrive set up it is pretty rare boat ! Cool pis !
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 4:05pm
68 Mustang SS custom Greenville SC

Check out the placement of the blower and the welding job on the port exhaust manifold !
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 4:15pm
Here are a few pics of what that XK-18 should look like
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Its on the site now: diaries. Id call the number listed rather than wait for a return email.

I would make plans to go grab it before tonight if you can... assuming its not already gone.

Just called again and spoke to the guy. He said he's had a few phone calls already and someone offered $1500, problem is he's in Ft. Laud and the boat is in Lakeland. Sounded like a legit owner still but I'm not looking to get into a bidding war. If it goes north of $1k, I'd rather spend $2500 and get that blue '72 Skier that has the GM repower.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

Funny if i just put the $2300 i spent on the POS i need to redo in the garage, in to AAPL, like i was going too, I could buy this and have it delivered to my house tomorrow.

ahhh hindsight.

Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 8:49pm
Nice 1975 M/C SS watch the video link in the ad

I know it is a M/C but you do not see many like this one , It sounds good in the video in the ad check it out.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 10:51pm

I wonder who "restored" it?? It sure wasn't a pro that's for sure. The "kiss of death" on the bottom and the non original deck seams. Why some people try to make a boat something it never was is beyond me! That boat in a judged ACBS show would get plenty of points knocked off.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I wonder who "restored" it?? It sure wasn't a pro that's for sure. The "kiss of death" on the bottom and the non original deck seams. Why some people try to make a boat something it never was is beyond me! That boat in a judged ACBS show would get plenty of points knocked off.

But Pete you have to also think if they took it to someone to have it done he might not have a clue of what he's talking about either. He goes in to write the check, the guy tells him about cpes etc and all he gets out of it is that it's a resin. Then when bragging about it later all that he can remember is fiberglass You'll never know for sure unless you see it yourself
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

But Pete you have to also think if they took it to someone to have it done he might not have a clue of what he's talking about either. He goes in to write the check, the guy tells him about cpes etc and all he gets out of it is that it's a resin. Then when bragging about it later all that he can remember is fiberglass You'll never know for sure unless you see it yourself

Well, whether the boat is a ply or the double plank bottom, you don't CPES or use a resin of any kind without a compete bottom removal. I've been around wood hulls long enough to know exactly what was done. I don't need to see the boat.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 12:51pm
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

'68 Wildcat 440 in MO for $1k

Damn who do I know in Missouri That wildcat would be a killer parts boat if someone wanted to pick it up and bring it out to Reids for me first week in October. I am paying for gas and I am buying the beer when you get there!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 1:12pm
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 1:25pm
17h37mins that's a day trip for you guys
TimmyCAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimmyCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 1:26pm
The '79 Mustang in Oconomowoc looks like the one that was for sale in East Troy earlier this summer.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 1:30pm

Nice 98 SN

He doesn't mention hours, but other than that, wow! That's an unbelievable price.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 1:33pm
Wildcat is 2 hours from my house.....thinking i might go look at that. would love to have that 440!!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Wildcat is 2 hours from my house.....thinking i might go look at that. would love to have that 440!!!

Paul,

It would be one hellava wedding present to the new bride. She needs a boat of her own!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 2:09pm

Check out the placement of the blower and the welding job on the port exhaust manifold !

Anyone else find it scary how he laid out his blower?

Seems like 1 spark from that to fire it on and BOOM!
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 3:01pm
she would love that boat(after i fixed it up)....if i can just get away from work long enough to go look at it.....
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by turningpoint84 turningpoint84 wrote:

Anyone else find it scary how he laid out his blower?

Seems like 1 spark from that to fire it on and BOOM!

Peter,
Spark from what?
Yes, the bilge exhaust blower should be low as fuel fumes lay low.

The exhaust manifold repair is typical for a repair needed between the water jacket and the exhaust cavity. It's just on the sloppy side however, old cast aluminum can be a real pain to weld. That's the reason for the wide weld beads - the welder was trying to wash out impurities as he ran the weld.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 4:50pm
454 Powered 88 Ski Nautique $7,850

Looks to be in really nice shape.

captron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 6:59pm
The paint on the wildcat was done by previuos owner, the boat was yellow.As far as hours on the rebuilt engine ,i was told after the jasper rebuild was installed the boat was only used a few times then was put in storage for twelve years.I bought it and may have put five hours on it.I didnt run it full throttle yet.I beleive i have reciept for rebiuld on velvet drive also
there is no normal theres just life
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 167168169170171 442>
  Share Topic