Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2011 CCF Midwest Reunion  7/15-7/17 Green Lake WI
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2011 CCF Midwest Reunion 7/15-7/17 Green Lake WI

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1718192021>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 11:22am
I made it home but was to tired to post last night. What a great weekend. I have so much to say. I will start with thank you again Kieth for a quality event and for all you do throughout the year. Thakns also to Dave, Alan and all those that helped plan this event. From a straight finacial standpoint we easily got double the value in food and stuff than what we paid for. The pig roast was awesome. Beyond that you cnat really put a pricetag on the value of the experience of spending time with such a great group of people. I was able to meet and get to know several more members, and renew friendships with those I meet last year. Mike brooks and his wife were there as first timers and boatless. We had dinner with them Friday night and they road out to the snd bar with us Saturday. I look forward to seeing them and one or both of their Tahoes in the future. We camped near Joel Rob and Alan again and they could not be a friendlier group of people. I sat with adam at dinner Saturday night after his spectacular show at the sandbar Saturday. He is a great genuine young guy. Also talked with his friend (Tyler?) and volunteer boat driver for the weekend. He was egually friendy and fun to speak with. It was fun to meet the Godfather (Dave)who was like and extra host and an endless source of CC history and trivia. Of course the boats were incredible. Spent some time with Tim Moorfoot and his girls and Picture Pete Sunday morning. One of my favorite memories is of Pete doing his speed pass in the Atom in front of a cheering crowd on the sand bar (he caught air at the far end of the run). The weather was everything I could hsve hoped for. Two storms were aimed at us and stopped about 30 miles to the west. My son got a chance to wake surf behind the "spider boat" and got some good coaching that lead to his longest offline surf to date. A very nice weekend all the way around.

I only took a few pics with my phone but I know tim took a ton of shots. Here are a few teaser pics.

Thanks to everyone.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 12:58pm
Thanks everyone for a great time AGAIN! Always a blast to see everyone, chat and see and use all these great boats. As always, I wish the reunion could go on for a week because I always run out of time. Great day on Saturday, weather was perfect. I didn't take many pictures, but I did get a couple of videos of things already mentioned. They are posted below (Sorry for the out of focus, the humidity was really messing with the camera...)
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 12:59pm
Pete's Atom run

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 1:25pm
Joe's winning run

dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 1:46pm
Hey who has the motor home that has Nautique on the side?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 2:06pm
I believe it belongs to Reed
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 4:20pm
What an amazing weekend. I counted 38 boats out on the water Saturday (with a few back at the campground, so 40 total) and we feed over 180 people on Saturday night. The tent in the park worked out perfectly. Water temps in the mid-70's and air temps in the high 90's!
Let me start with a list of thank yous ...

Action Screen Printing - Alan and Danna, for all their hard work at the event, for coordinating the fantastic meals, for sponsoring both meals Fri and Sat nights and, of course, for printing the shirts, hats and sweatshirts.

Lauderdale Lake Marina - Brian Harlan was simply incredible. I don't know exactly how many people rode, surfed, skied and footed behind the 200 Sport Nautique over the weekend but I think it was 16 hrs. worth - seriously!

Adam Wensink - Likewise, Adam spent at least six hours instructing out on the water in his sick 230 and then put on quite a show for everyone at the sandbar on Saturday.

Dave Doren - for all his work in getting the permits for the park, coordinating the tent and table rental, and for his touching tribute to eh Rypel family.

Steve Evans - for picking up the kegs, organizing the music, supplying all the tools and knowledge necessary to make the event a success.

Chris Mars - for the kicking sound system we had in the park both Friday and Saturday nights.

Roy Layton (PCM) – for making the trip and talking with everyone about their boats engines.

For all those helped with the registrations, putting together packs, selling raffle tickets, counting ballots and so much more.

And the sponsors who contributed to the raffle: Lauderdale Lakes Marine, Nautiquegear.com, Regal Connection, DTH Inboards (RJ Riley), Tacyhon Motorsports (Rick Gessler), BSWake.com and PCM.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 4:51pm
Here are the event winners:
Norwegian Bay Blast (fastest boat), Sponsored by RaceCity Marine
1st Place - Joe Fennessy - '83 Ski Nautique - 59.2 mph
2nd Place - Tim Benjamin - '78 Barefoot Nautique - 58.4 mph
3rd Place - Reid Pinkham - '73 Mustand - 55.5 mph
4th Place - Alan Arrighi - '81 Ski Nautique - 554.7 mph

Show Winners:
Best of Class - 1970 and earlier - David Rezabek   - '64 Atom Skier
Best of Class – 1971-1981 – Alan Arrighi - ’81 Ski Nautique 20th Anniversary Edition
Best of Class – 1982-1989 – Joe Fennessy - ’83 Ski Nautique
Best of Class – 1990-1999 – Randy Wise - ’93 Sport Nautique
Best of Class – 200-2011 – Steve Evans -‘02 Super Air Nautique
Best Engine – Paul Waters – ’63 Classic
Best of Show - Sam Brundidge - ’73 Ski Nautique
Most Dedicated – Adam Wensink
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 6:06pm
I actually didn't take any pictures this year but instead was shooting video with my Go Pro. I'll be editing and posting that in time.

Plenty of photos however from Morfoot and others. Looking forward to seeing them myself.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 6:44pm
Steve, video looks great. Hope you have more - especially Adam's run. I have his POV as he wore my Go Pro.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:13am
By the looks of things, this looks like it was a blast. What else would we expect from this crowd?? I am truely sorry I couldn't make it. I am working on my wife to make the NE reunion. Maybe next year!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:13am

WOW,

I can still hear the laughter and see all the smiles.

What a great time, thank you to all....

Dave
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:35am
i am dying over here...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:55am
Just getting in, here are a few shots to keep everyone happy. I'll go back and add titles later.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 1:02am
This morning we headed back out for a final few ski runs. I know it's not much but I haven't hit a slalom course in 3 years and put a back to back full passes 15off at 32 behind the 81. Not bad for an old man, we had an absolute blast this weekend.

Then we made our traditional midway stop at Hooters on the trip home.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 1:13am

nice touch ....

P.S. is that Pete in the water.....
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 1:15am
Just for the wings I'm sure.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 1:37am
Is that one of those '94 Paragons i see the in pictures?
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
PicturePat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PicturePat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 1:37am
What an awesome weekend! Thanks for welcoming this rookie - it was great to see everyone and a big thanks to everyone who helped pull it off!

Got back late last night but had a little bit of time to go through some photos so thought I'd post round 1 of pics from the weekend! Pry put photos up in a couple different posts.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PicturePat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 1:43am
Picture Post 2

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 1:45am
Nice shots Pete, you have a few calander candidates in there. Can't wait to see the rest. It was great to talk with you Sunday.

Dave.
1987 Ski Nautique

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PicturePat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 1:50am
Here's post 3 - hopefully will try to get a few more posted in the next few days!

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 1:55am
Pat,

Nice to meet you this weekend. You have a great eye for photography - capturing stills of inanimate objects and human expression both. Not easy. Thanks for the time and effort it will take to share this with us.

Keith usually provides an community FTP location for full res shots. Please dump your photos as many will want these fantastic souvenirs.

-Steve
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 2:12am
Really great eye, composure, exposure, and lens selection there. Those pictures really pop. Wow.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 2:19am
Pat,
Your user name says it all! Nice!!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 2:32am

And a rare picture of a Green Lake "Labragator" at rest

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 2:34am
Originally posted by rosconole rosconole wrote:

Is that one of those '94 Paragons i see the in pictures?

Yes. I believe it's the only red one that was made.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 2:42am
Made it home safe, road grime all washed off and back on the lift.

A huge thank you to all the guys who helped put this event together, we can't thank you enough for what you guys do behind the scenes! We had a great time as always and can't wait to see everyone again at the next one!

Safe travels to anyone still on the road!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 1:12pm
Mine is also back in the lift - green lake slime, road grime, and lab hair all completely intact though-- I might get time to clean it up a little when I have to pull it for the NE reunion but it should ski pretty good as is -- it certainly seemed to run pretty good on the trip from the launch to the Hoist.

The trailer and the truck were both sounding a bit louder than they started the trip so I will have to actually pay them some attention.. but they made it back and I had a personal record trip average of 12.0 mpg.   

When last I saw Melissa, Tique, and Tim they were moving well and headed in the right direction with probably another 5 hours to go on thier drive.

I got a text last night that there were still a few sets of fans at the campground enjoying thier stay with a little group cookout.

Pictures look great so far! Keep em coming!

Congrats on the passes Alan-- not so much your ability to do them I have no doubts there but getting them done on GL shows some dedication to searching out good conditions.

Thanks again to the organizers, sponsors, and volunteers it was a great time!

Thanks to the fans who trek out and hang out year after year.. I dont know how the kids keep getting older when all the parents seem to be getting younger every year..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 1:47pm
Great pictures. I'm regretting not going this year, but we've been pretty busy lately.

Any thoughts/impressions on the 200 Sport?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1718192021>
  Share Topic