NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

8 barefoot nautiques for sale wow!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2008 at 4:27pm
Take lots of pictures if you can. Share them with us. I might be interested in a spare motor and tranny if the price is right. Good Luck!

Steve
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2008 at 6:28pm
Hey TRBenj

Read your g mail or call me at 802-380-2302. Leave your number if it goes to voice mail

If I know where these things are and I can get in touch with the owner, I'll take a ride tomorrow and take some pictures if the owner is going to be around.

I'm not exactly close but I'm not too far away either

Thanks
Keno
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2008 at 6:59pm
KenO, great talking to you! If you get a chance to go and see what the boats look like, that would be great. Im sure Im not the only one who would love to see them- so thank you! If you see a 87-88 with my name on it, let me know.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2008 at 7:24pm
Tim

Great talking to you too.

Just got off the phone with Matt.

Time for a road trip. Heading out in the morning.

Anybody have any special requests? Just reply to this post.

They are shrink wrapped right now but I can get exterior shots and should be able to figure out years and get info on each and who knows maybe an interior shot depending on how tightly sealed these things are.

I know there's one with Tim's name on it.

Keno

Ben#155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben#155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2008 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by 86BFN 86BFN wrote:

Take lots of pictures if you can. Share them with us. I might be interested in a spare motor and tranny if the price is right. Good Luck!

Steve
Take lots of pictures if you can.

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 12:20am
    Barring anything unforseen,looks like I'm out on this one. Had a brief pow-wow with the "boss" about it,turns out she thinks a tropical Mexican vacation w/the kids will be a better use of the cash . I guess I should be happy she at least gave me the green light on the new garage next spring,so I'll leave it at that. (For now)

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 12:27am
88-90 BFN?

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 8:34am
I'd like to see a pic of the 'large parts inventory'.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 9:37am
the first thing i look for on a shrunkwrap boat because you cant get inside is for stress cracks in the center sides externally (gunnels) i would think they are up on stands? instead of on trailers because they are fleet boats? If there is rot the stress cracks may show.
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 12:13pm
I repaired an 88 or so this summer and both sides had stress cracks, from front to back and the owner had absolutely no clue that his stringers were rotted, he was a weekend warrior and he was wondering what the boat was worth and i think i mad him cry,
it was ashame, it was one of the worst CC's Ive seen and at least if someone has no clue on buying a boat this may help, a hammer in this case is the best tool when looking for a boat, tap anywhere you can and if its rotted you'll know
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 9:02pm
Can't wait to see pictures of these trashed boats.

Tim's red BFN
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 9:09pm
Well,I took a ride to Lake George today and for those that thought this was a bogus ad,I can say that you were wrong on that. There were 8 BFN's there all covered up with shrink wrap for the winter so the pictures don't show much,but I wrote a little about each one. Like TRBenj said earlier they were used by a parasailing outfit and for the most part they were well used. They are selling them to replace them with newer stuff. Now I've brought home some rough looking things before(boats that is) and I'd say that any of these have potential depending on what the prices are and how much work you want to do. No showpieces in this bunch.

Matt the owner couldn't meet me there but he said he would be joining the website and questions could be directed to him. He can tell the specifics about each boat. The numbers I listed are the number on the trailer that the boat was on. There were no numbers on some so I wrote a number on the shrink wrap. I'll be talking to Matt tonight about getting on the site

Edit   10 years later,      All picture links deleted as they no longer worked

#1 white hull,red stripe no lettering,no stress cracks. It doesn't have a prop on it. It does have the shaft,rudder and strut.

Probably no engine since I could look in the exhaust flappers and see light. It's on an Eagle trailer.

#2 white hull,blue stripe,might have been a really faded metalflake otherwise it's a really messed up blue. It has stress cracks, some repair marks.

#3 white hull,gray stripe. Really faded,has beat up decals. It does have a 4 bladed prop on it.

no #4 or 5

#6 This was the best looking of the bunch,it had a gray hull with a dark blue stripe(might have been black),no stress cracks

#7 White with a gray stripe 87 or an 88. Had no engine,trans,shaft,prop. The passenger side of the 2 piece windshield was missing,had a lot of stress cracks and more cracks at the rubrail about where you'd bang into a dock.

#8 White hull,painted blue stripe,no lettering.It had the curved 1 piece windshield. I'm guessing 85 or 86

#9 Gray hull, faded maroon stripe,no stress cracks and a little decal saying that it was made with AME 4000 resin. I bet that has something to do with the lack of stress cracks. My guess is that this was an 89.

#10 White hull with blue stripe,lots of stress cracks on sides below water line and on the bottom also

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 9:46pm
    KENO,
    Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to check into these. I may be out of the market,but would still like to hear what the owner has to say about them.

Thanks again for your efforts

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 10:08pm
Whoever gets #2,7 or 10 will need to read "weeding the pumpkin patch" in detail! Of course you really don't know about the others ether since stress cracking isn't the only indicator of stringer issues.

Hey Greg, Maybe it is time to open up a fiberglass shop like you mentioned!!

Ken,
Anything on the parts inventory that's been mentioned?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 10:38pm
Hi

Matt the owner says he's going to get on the website and he should have some info on the parts inventory.

I think the interior on all is probably pretty bad and I guess I'd suspect the floors and stringers in most if not all of them.

At least if someone is interested they have a little bit of info on each.

Talking to TRBeng we were thinking that the Ashland AME 4000 started getting used by CC in the late 80's. Always heard good stuff about boats built with that. At least good stuff about the longevity and quality of the fiberglass.

Keno
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 11:12pm
Thanks KENO.....very interesting.

BTW: what's the white stuff on the ground?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 11:18pm
Hi jbear

I almost took a picture of some of the deeper white stuff we went through on the way for you transplants that don't see it anymore and like to pick on us northerners.

Keno
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 11:53pm
Sorry KENO...just couldn't resist. I seen plenty of the white stuff living in Northeastern Ohio.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 12:25am
Hi jbear

I knew you couldn't resist. I think Northeast Ohio has quite a bit right now. A lot more than Florida for sure.

Keno
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 2:30am
We definitely know the condition of the trailer tongues after those pics!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Ben#155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben#155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 6:13am
Thanks for posting! Keno
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 7:51am
Thanks for doing the legwork Keno! Looks like a few were running rich.
1988 BFN-sold

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 12:51pm
Ken, thanks again for going and taking a look- it certainly looks like an interesting lot! Ill be in touch with Matt this week and would like to take a closer look myself.

I bet HW is right that the red boat is the one in the video- if it sank, that would explain the lack of engine. If I could get an engine for it (mainly for the accessories- blown or not) and a CC trailer for it to sit on, thats the boat Id probably want... though Id consider #10 as well. Good thing Im not afraid of a project!

Screenshots from the "Parasailing on Lake George" videos:

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 1:08pm
Here is some More info
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 1:15pm
What a thrilling para sail ride that guy got. Sounds like a BN may be too light a boat for pulling para sails. Boat Dr pulls one with his Mustang. Big enough storm he better hope the rope snaps.

I never heard about the tour boat that sank and drowned 20 people. Wonder how that happened.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 1:42pm
That sinking BFN is hard to look at.

...and a heckuva arguement for foam.
1988 BFN-sold

Ben#155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben#155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 1:42pm
most of the hulls looking very rough. How can there be so many stress cracks?
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 2:00pm
I can't imagine the amount of stress that years of towing a parasailers would cause. Seems to me it would also help with stringer separation over 20 years of towing that much weight at odd angles.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Ben#155 Ben#155 wrote:

most of the hulls looking very rough. How can there be so many stress cracks?

There were a few years (87ish) that were noted for subpar gelcoat. The problem seemed better in '88, and I think they went to AME4000 (epoxy) resin in '89.

Rotten stringers and/or the floor seperating from the hull will also cause the hull to flex excessively, causing cracks- especially along the water line.

Joel, thanks for the link- good info there.

Bruce, Im not sure the BFN wouldnt be a great parasailing rig. I dont know a darned thing about it, but the people that do (JoeinNY, BoatDr) dont take the sport lightly. Windy conditions can be downright dangerous- that looked like operator error to me.

Aka, considering the use of these boats and the hard lives they obviously lived, theyre very clearly huge projects. Anyone thinking that theyre going to score a deal on one of these boats that doesnt need a serious amount of structural and cosmetic work is kidding themselves! I would be very surprised if every single one of them did not need new stringers- though some probably need it more desperately than others.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 4:18pm
me and pete standing there.....ya think we shouldve foamed her?,
good example of what the foam is doing, keeps the keel up a touch so you can keep afloat until help gets there, But, probably the air caught inside the hull will keep it afloat.
there hasnt been a sunk boat worth keeping that Ive ever seen unless you wanted the bare hull, I had one over the summer that went down on the Ohio river, it was a Crownline, it was a muddy mess
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic