Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1973 ski nautique national tow boat info

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
jeffware View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2018 at 6:23am
to answer question from joinNY, the waukesha owners engine manual has many notes in the back from previous owner. one note lists the hull #, trailer #, and engine # is 02006. it's been raining last couple of days, so i didn't feel like going out to look at motor. inside cover of manual says: waukesha motor company, pleasurecraft marine engine division, clinton iowa, 52732. it specs the engine at 255 hp, same as the sticker on the topped brass air filter. bore 4.00, stroke 3.50, 351 CI, 255 hp @ 4400rpm..... i'm sure you naysayers are all correct and i am wrong, this boat is a sham. probably a bayliner fixed up to look like a correct craft. cheers.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2018 at 6:58am
Originally posted by jeffware jeffware wrote:

.. i'm sure you naysayers are all correct and i am wrong, this boat is a sham. probably a bayliner fixed up to look like a correct craft. cheers.

Jeff,
Take a moment, sit back and relax. I feel you have taken comments the wrong way. Questions and comments have been made to understand the boat you have and not to undercut. Understand that CCfan has the absolute best members when it comes down to CC knowledge. Post pictures and we will tell you more about your boat and clear up possible misconceptions you have heard from others and the PO. As an example regarding misconceptions, we have time and time again heard from CC owners that their boat was a Cypress Gardens boat. There are hundreds of them!!!

Post the pictures.    

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2018 at 8:29am
And don't mind Pete's comments about lead additive and how you've been taken, complete with a couple of exclamation points after it.

He's old and he's sniffed to much of whatever it is in those bottles of lead additive

I really do want to see the oil pan though.

Some Waukesha 255's came with an engine oil cooler that added a little capacity to the system.

By the time they became PCM's, that cooler was long gone and the early good bigger valve 69, 70 heads with the 18 mm plugs had disappeared too replaced by newer not quite as good heads that took 14 mm plugs.

I figure you have the older good heads and the cooler too and a different looking pan than the later 351's.

You had mentioned the engine rotation, do you mean it rotates in the opposite direction from a car engine? That would clear up Joe's question about your rotation.

And..........as far as speedometers, somebody will most likely have what you're looking for

That somebody might be TRBenj or Joein NY.

You also see plenty of them with platforms since they came from the factory with nothing, then ladders showed up, then platforms and plenty of retrofitting was done.
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2018 at 2:57pm
I don’t see a problem with adding a platform to any boat to be used for water sports. It makes the boarding process much easier.
TracyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TracyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2018 at 11:34pm
Kicking off an old thread but I too have the giant oil pan on my '72 Ford, 351w.... I thought maybe someone had put it on over the years as I've only had it for 3. That being said, I only use 6 quarts and run low on the stick, the sump pickup is buried in the bottom of the pan so I haven't been worried.
Tracy B
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic