NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trailer loading-recovery

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 8:03pm
Hell you guys just tear up the ramp by powering on and off the trailer, Hell I can float mine on and off quicker than most can drive it on and still not have it centered. Maybe one day when the boy's old enough I'll let him drive the truck and pull it out.

Ever wounder how those big holes get at the end of the ramps just past the concrete? Don't notice them if the waters high but you always seem to find one when the waters low don't you? or if your helping a friend with a thirty footer or bigger boat right?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 9:24am
79'

There are some lakes up my way that have banned power loading for that exact reason.
My current trailer I can load either way the only pain is not having the traditional bow crash pads, dealer talked me into the bow stop instead which does not work well, the rub rail ends up on top of it on a steep ramp and it also jags up the pinstripping on the bow.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 10:06am
The bow stop should be just above the eyelet with the strap going underneath it, unless you have one of those dual rubber jobs that are spaced out a little more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic