NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My "New" Project Boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
Author
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 11:37am
First off slalomguy.. who the hell are you to say something like that? and 2nd off, it's not an "old boat" it's a cla$$ic! Tool...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 11:51am
Nate, you took the words out of my mouth,the world needs Less of two things Doctors and Lawyers. They both profit from the perils of others.Slalomguy you would not understand the joy of bringing back to life something that was thrown away,its like giving a new life to a relic nobody else wants............
    boat dr
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 11:55am
he just has a hard on for Cliff, that's all
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 12:00pm
Welcome Slalom Guy,
The people on this site enjoy Correct Craft boats, particularly old ones. Boats have a story, and bringing one back to life is an important part of the story. We enjoy seeing a cla$$ic, as Nate has mentioned be restored to do what it was meant to do-particularly when it is of a fraction of the cost of new boat.
We each have different skill sets (or some of us, no particular skills at all), so we depend upon one another for help, and encouragement.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 1:08pm
Brian,

Congrats, looks like you will have your hands full, Hopefully you can get it done before Aspen is old enough to take the 82' out by herself!

Boat Doc, funny comment coming from a guy whose screen name is "Doctor"?
FYI, BKH is/was an Attorney.

Chuck, well said!

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 1:49pm
Does any body recognize this guy?

Man what an a$$.

Chuck well spoken from the preacher man!!

Yo quinner.....What up Dog???
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 2:27pm
Appreciate the sentiment guys, but I'd ask you to just let it be. I've never visited this site to start a pissing contest, and I don't want to start now.

I'm not sure why slalomguy has a problem, but it doesn't really matter much.

If I recall correctly, slalom guy did restore or at least fix up a 79 Nautique. He chose not to publish pics, etc. and that is certainly his prerogative.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 2:56pm
Quinner, that is the name of my company, and i saw on his profile his occupation was a lawyer,his comments just did not set well with this redneck........... boat dr
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 4:24pm
Brian, good luck on the project. My next door neighbor/ski partner has the same boat, same color scheme,etc. if you need any points of reference. He is actually doing some cosmetics this winter, but the engine runs great. I think everything is original also. Joe
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 8:43pm
Thanks for the offer TJ. Probably be a while before I get to the cosmetics. Lots of other logs on the fire. This is something for me to do for fun when I have time. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 12:43am
I found it kind of ironic slalomguy's last name is Johnson...
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

I found it kind of ironic slalomguy's last name is Johnson...

Haha!! Somehow I missed that...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
dans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2007 at 9:33pm
Slalomguy,Why are you on CCF if you don't like old boats.Next this guy is gonna say skiing sucks & great advice on CCF is stupid.Thats like looking at the playboy site & complaining about the girls.I bet Slalomguy doesn't like these pics either.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2007 at 8:52am
hello Darlin
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2007 at 8:55am
^ You talkin too me Paul? ^

What's up hippie, good to see you back around!!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2007 at 11:25am
Quinner,

If thats you washing the car up above .....Then hell yea i'm talkin to you!

Glad to be back

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2007 at 7:12pm
I'm sitting here thinking why does he have to do that much work to such a new boat,82 wasn't that long ago,I can still kind of remember it. Then I realize mine was even younger when I did it.The youngster next to me in my diary picture is now 22. Where in the world is the time going?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2007 at 8:43pm
I hear you Gary. Boats 24 now, but I think it's really more about how well the boat was taken care of. This guy bought the boat in 90 when he was young and single. Married and had kids in 94. Boat mostly sat in front of his house for years - collected water and the rest is history. His loss my gain. Will provide me hours of entertainment working on this thing. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2007 at 9:54pm
I been wanting to meet quinner, now that I see his pic above washing the car I wanna meet him/her even more!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2007 at 9:58pm
Your right about that, my Dad has a 85 Shamrock in salt water and it still looks like new. When he's in Florida for 6 months,his 2 hobbies are boating and cleaning it.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2007 at 9:11pm
Disconnected the propshaft from the tranny today and ran the boat in driveway. Motor and Tranny sound great. All the noise was coming from the propshaft. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I got lucky and my project has a sound motor and tranny. Plan to pull the motor and tranny the weekend of the 20th so I can get started on those stringers. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 11:02am
Yo Quinner,

You gonna be at green lake this year?

paul,

I'm still up in the air right now, but pulling hard to get the time off.
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 6:17pm
BKH,
Was that the boat on Craigslist for quite some time ? I was wondering if anyone was going to pick that deal up.............
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 6:36pm
Actually, this boat was on Craigslist for a day. My brother lives down the street from the guy and has driven by it every day for the last 15 years. He put a for sale sign on it about 2 weeks ago, and my brother called me. Then I saw it on craigslist and called about an hour after he posted. Bought it the next day. I think there has been an 81 an an 85 on Norcal Craigslist for some time. BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Yo Quinner,

You gonna be at green lake this year?

paul,

I'm still up in the air right now, but pulling hard to get the time off.

You know it, already reserved the rooms. Hope you can make it happen!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 10:12am
Just reserved my room last night.....

Man o Man that ladies golf tounament shure does clog up the rooms for that weekend....
But......A womens golf tournament at green lake on the same weekend

I wonder if they brought there Bikini's?

Paul,

Quinner.....I want a ride in that bad a$$ boat of yours this year!!!

Are we starting out at the Goose Blind Thursday night to get primed? CANT WAIT !!!

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 10:28am
Paul,
COOL! Glad to get you back "up north"...where did you book your room at?

look forward to seeing you again!...Pam and I are planning to be there Thursday afternoon.. will have to have a Pre-greeting party somewhere that night!

btw.... hope we dont need to bring "boat washing rags" again?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2007 at 12:21pm
Wood,

Damn steve......Are you still sore about the "washing of the Cla$$ic".....I promise i wont make you wash my boat again

I'll return the favor this year an wash your boat for ya old buddy.

This year there will be no pulling of the boat with an RV so hopefully i wont be covering the boat with power steering fluid again this year?

I'm staying at the American inn just about 4 miles out. everything else was booked or too expensive

See ya there.......Cant wait!!!

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2007 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Wood,

Damn steve......Are you still sore about the "washing of the Cla$$ic".....I promise i wont make you wash my boat again

Paul,

Paul,
it wouldnt have been so bad if you hadnt taken first place in the boat show for the 60s division!!

Glad you got a room tho! ...is it July yet?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2007 at 1:00pm
What are the Green Lake dates again?
Steve
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
  Share Topic