NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yucatan Yellow Correct Craft??

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Reid, glad you didnt say "rainbow"
Turquoise would probably be my 3rd choice..theres a 66 Wildcat in the diaries....maybe I just dont have enough boats...can you help me with that?

Is that Wildcat turquoise or possibly jade? It doesn't look like the turquoise Freeport shown in the that same brochure, or at least not on my computer.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Is that Wildcat turquoise or possibly jade? It doesn't look like the turquoise Freeport shown in the that same brochure, or at least not on my computer.

Ive never seen any of these colors in person, but it looks like turquoise to me.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 4:09pm
I say turquoise. TRB is some good with a computer.

When I look at them like that, I like turquoise. Jade green looks like Malibu's extreme green.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 4:11pm

Reid, glad you didnt say "rainbow"
Turquoise would probably be my 3rd choice..theres a 66 Wildcat in the diaries....maybe I just dont have enough boats...can you help me with that?

Im not sure,the Jade sure looks greener. Thats what the problem is when trying to decide from pics or computer screens... colors vary a lot... Would be great to see actual boats!

Riley,
Im pretty sure the wind wings on my 64 are the original "plastic" (plexi/lexan?) The ones on the cuda are just setting there right now,but the vents look to have been poorly cut out of plexi-glass.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 4:16pm
The Turquoise would be my first choice as well, followed by Yellow and then Jade Green.

Really like the full color hull the best, deck and all.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 4:45pm
Tim ,
You computer guru you! It took me longer to respond than it did you to do the color wheel/ boat pic! After seeing it side by side,I'd say Turquoise...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 4:46pm
62 wood:

If you're going to go through all the work of painting the boat, why not go CUSTOM?

Let's start with the name. It is a Barracuda, so some sharp ass teeth will definitely be needed up near the bow.

Stripes: It is also an SS model. Racing stripes are a must, not only on the deck but why not wrap them all the way around the hull too while you got the brush out?

Flames: Any and all hardware bolted on needs a few flames coming off for effect. Vents, cleats, exhaust outlets!

Graphics: Give the boat an "updated" look with some new AIR NAUTIQUE graphics. They will compliment the tower well and solidify it's wakeboarding status.

Trim: Get a roll of gold pinstriping and go to town! You can't use too much, chances are you'll end up short. When in doubt, put on extra. Wing-dings are good for breaking up open/plain areas. Outline anything that doesn't have flames coming off of it. Dress up the prop and underwater gear.

That's all I got off the top of my head. Don't forget to buy some stickers off ebay for the windshield to advertise hot parts.

Good Luck, can't wait to see the finished project!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 4:56pm
Hollywood,
Now Im SURE you designed the "panty pontoon"!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 9:11pm
Does anyone know of any master color samples/ formulas for any of these old colors?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 9:39pm
I'll email my friend with the Wildcat, but it will probably take a couple days to get an answer.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 9:47pm

Does anyone know of any master color samples/ formulas for any of these old colors?

I have a feeling that you will not be able to find anything. I tried years ago and remember that the supplier of the gels back then isn't even around. There are 100's of standard gel colors and a close match can be made with the color charts.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 10:57pm
Steve I think Pam's Barracuda would look great in turquoise
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Excellent point! Since it's her boat, I think she needs to pick the color.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 12:04am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Excellent point! Since it's her boat, I think she needs to pick the color.

GREAT IDEA Guys!!!! Maybe I can get her to open up HER pocketbook on this project!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 12:23am
Steve did you say"Maybe I can get her to open up HER pocketbook on this project!!"
I did not think so............
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 12:43am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Ive never seen any of these colors in person, but it looks like turquoise to me.

Good job Tim, and yes, it certainly looks like the turquoise there. Can you post the Freeport pict beside the color chart as well. This 66 Amer Skier below we've been sorta working on from time to time I thought was some shade of Aqua that doesn't even exist and that it's obviously turq. I was hoping the turq was a little more blue which that Freeport appears to be. Oh well. I think I withdraw my choice of the turquoise. I like it but don't love it for the SS.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 12:57am
Tangerine! .....Pam likes Tangerine!

I just showed her the orange 66 Wildcat Riley had posted from the diaries earlier in the post.

We were originally concerned it looked too 70's ( I used to have a 70 Hugger Orange Camaro - one of my favorite cars)...but they DID offer the Tangerine in 66.... also like the entire hull and deck the same.

btw , we have a "little" more convincing to do to get in her pocketbook..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 1:13am
62 wood ...... There is a 67 Mustang, Yucatan yellow, here in NC. It is on Lake Tillery, near me. ALL ORIGINAL, perfect condition, hanging in a boathouse and still driven by the man that took delivery at the plant in 1967. It still has the protective clear plastic covering on the interior parts of the boat.....the storage on the sides. I am going to try to help the owner get it in the diaries section before November. He has a neat story behind his ordering the boat and taking delivery!

pc       
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 2:05am
I too really enjoy what some of these guys, like Tim, can do on these computers. Half the time I have a hard time logging on..so I am usually amazed by what these guys do.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 11:48am
Paul,
You gotta get some pics and tell us the story behind the 67!

Riley,
If you get a chance, could you see what the Wildcat used for paint, and the code?

Thanks!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 12:31pm
I'm with you there John.My computer helper is off to school for his last semester,both the Mrs and I can see light at the end of the tunnel.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 1:31pm

Can you post the Freeport pict beside the color chart as well.

Which color Freeport are you referring to? Theres none in the '66 brochure and no turquoise Freeports that I could find in any of them.

Im not a huge fan of the turquoise either, especially on an SS. Something bright would look good on one of those boats- Id say tangerine is a good choice.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 1:35pm
Gary, be careful with your perception of that light,It can indeed be daylight.
But trains are known to use those tracks too.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 5:33pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 7:13pm
Steve, I see that Pam likes the tangerine. That's my choice at this point but with the off white deck. (optional in 66 - I checked!) I really like the decks in off white off that era plus it tones down the tangerine somewhat. I have a friend with that on a cuda with the buckets. Always liked the boat.

Sounds like you are going to be painting and not gelling.

Ether way, the tangerine or red will be more expensive due to the pigment cost. Now if Pam really wants the color, you have a excuse to ask her to open her purse up!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 11:20pm
Pete,
Is your friends cuda Tangerine with a white deck? What color is his interior? Any pics?

And, Im not sure which way to go, between paint and gel yet, lots of homework to do before final decision... but I'm actually kinda leaning towards the gel as of now. ... Either way a paint sample is a good way to start.

GO ORANGE!!!!     (i think)
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 11:55pm
We could nick-name it OJ..............
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 12:01am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

We could nick-name it OJ..............

Which/what oj....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 1:03am
Originally posted by nautiquefanatic nautiquefanatic wrote:

62 wood ...... There is a 67 Mustang, Yucatan yellow, here in NC. It is on Lake Tillery, near me. ALL ORIGINAL, perfect condition, hanging in a boathouse and still driven by the man that took delivery at the plant in 1967. It still has the protective clear plastic covering on the interior parts of the boat.....the storage on the sides. I am going to try to help the owner get it in the diaries section before November. He has a neat story behind his ordering the boat and taking delivery!

pc       

Paul,

I'd like to come over and see that one some time. Sounds identical to the one I posted at the beginning of this thread that my family had when I was a kid. I spend 1 or more weeks just outside Pinehurst every summer. You are only about 45 minutes away. I've been wanting to take the boat over to cruise tillery. I'll check in next summer.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 2:05am
Hey Gary...when that lite gets closer...hop on the train. I am riding on the retirement train and sure do enjoy the ride so far.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic