NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My new 2001 and my first!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1819202122 23>
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 1:56am
Looking good. After months of work, you must be really thrilled to have her on the water. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 4:39am
Nice work indeed. I don't think anyone here would say anything if you hurt your shoulder patting yourself on the back.
My Blue 82SOLD!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 6:38am
This is one of those threads that belongs toghether with my morning coffee!! Great reading and great pics!! Keep them coming.
Anxious to see the finished product...

Fantastic job on that boat Aka. I for one love how the blue runs all the way up to the rub rail (even if it's not original). If I'm to repaint mine in the future, I'll let the red on my boat go all the way up like yours.
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 8:02am
Aka great work. I bet it gives you a feeling of satisfaction that even a new 210 team would be struggling to match.
The paint scheme is very similar to Choppers 89 2001.
I would post a pic but I think Chopper should do that.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 10:34am
Well that is a great sight to see, you must be pretty proud. I love how smoothly you were able to adapt the new technology into the old. That's going to be a pretty unique boat when done. Lot's of hard work, well done
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 10:54am
AKA - Looks great! What prop are you running? Hope you get the tranny quieted down soon; bet you can't wait to test the top end!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 12:01pm
Thanks guys! It was really cool. I was pretty excited. I did base my paint schema on Choppers. The first time I say his I had to take a closer look at it because I didn't believe it was a 2001. On page 10 he actually commented about how his boat pic was sitting next to my secondary. Here is the pic he was talking about. You can see his boat on the left side of the picture.

I put the ACME 422 4 blade prop on it. After using that for a little I will put the 3 blade prop on it and compare it to the other one.

Critter gave me a suggestion on how to try to quiet the tranny down which I will try. Maybe someone here will let me know if that thread I found where it says the 1:23 always squeals is correct.

Thanks again for everyone's help.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 1:04pm
Aka I remember that discussion now about Choppers picture. What graphics are you going with????

There was a noise problem with the early 1.23 trans I have been researching oil changes and remember that thread. My 89 has the mod they did to correct the problem. I would think your trans being much latter would not need that mod.

The 1.23 trans does have a characteristic whine.

Trying to find that thread but the search option is really slow now. The site was much faster earlier on today especially the search feature.

Found it finally Early 1.23 fix

89 Ski

akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 5:31pm
OK, At first we thought it was the dripless seal but then Roger narrowed it down to the trans / bellhousing area.

He suggested loosing the bolts on the diaphragm and then tightening them back up. I will give that a shot and see if it helps.

As for the graphics I haven't decided yet. I like both the look of the old 2001 Nautique graphics but really like the look of the Air Nautique logo Chopper has. Have to do something orginal though. Can't look like his to much
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 5:51pm
Even with a few issues to resolve, that first ride is so sweet...Woo Hoo!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 5:57pm
nice pics.. I imagine the sweet engine sound when running it w/o the doghouse... I love to test the engine with out it!!!
The one missing pics is the one of you smile...

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 7:02pm
I think that he had a grin here....

He kept worring about how to get it back on the trialer with no power....... Man does good work so it never crossed my mind. I did ask if he had a nice long Line.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 7:16pm
My wife was leaving notes on the windshield too. The poor girl couldn't get in touch with me during my adventure.

Roger, very cool to pay it forward.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 8:02pm
Aka congratulations on the ride!!

I belive you will want a pretty more aggressive propeller when you start loading the boat for wakeboarding.
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 8:26pm
Thanks guys! She hasn't gotten a good wash yet. That writing on the shield is from the recycling place I bought the shield from. It will get a good cleaning once it is ready to pull a skier!!

I found this video in another ccfan.com thread talking about the whine in the trans and this is the whine we heard. I think I am good to go on the trans!

If you listen around the 13-16 second mark when he comes off the throttle a little you will hear it. You can't miss it. It is really annoying!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAO0iIiRgk8
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by akabulla akabulla wrote:

If you listen around the 13-16 second mark when he comes off the throttle a little you will hear it. You can't miss it. It is really annoying!

Annoying? No way! Sounds like a 1.23 Nautique to me... music to my ears!

Are you going to be using this boat for wakeboarding exclusively? That would be a shame- judging by the size of the wake, it looks like youve lightened the boat up a bit. Combine that with the 330hp Chevy and it would make for a pretty decent barefoot boat, I bet.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 9:06pm
Aka - That whine in the video is how my boat sounds. Note that it is not bad when the engine cover is on.

My boat's PO had Eric replace the final reduction gearset because it was too noisy. I talked to Eric & he remembered that the gear teeth had a very eroded, rough finish.

So depending on how bad it actually is, you might want to send it to Eric - in the fall, of course!

Happy Boarding this summer.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 9:08pm
AKA,

Great job and just a few months ago it was just a stack of parts. Amazing.

Donald
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 9:38pm
noise what noise...I hear music!!hehe.
i like the comenst on the video..I like to do the simple mods to get the boat running 69mph!!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 1:02am
Aka as the boat is not a restoration I do not think original decals are a must. I would go with some later model Ski Nautique decals even something like the CCFan 196 would like nice and clean.

Another idea would be the early Pro Air Nautique decals. I was actually swaying that way at one stage but because of the gel strip on the 89 it did not really suit the graphic.
With your solid colour sides it would suit your SN2001 much better.

In the end it will come down to personal preference. Just thought I would float a few ideas for you. Maybe we could have the CCfan design team come onboard again they did a awesome job on the now Reidp CCfan 196. Would love to see your boat at GL if you can make it. Like the pumpkin patch this has been one of those must follow threads for me.

89 Ski

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 1:14am
Aka,
Let me know when you get ready to put that tower on, I have a sharp drill bit just itching to drill holes in fiberglass..

I like Tim's idea about barefooting behind that boat. I have the Boom and you could use an observer... Maybe we can make a deal
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 2:10am
Ok, I will let you know! It will probably be as early as Wednesday. I need to get it in place and then drill the holes. Then on the
starboard side on the bow I need to add a very large base plate on the inside because that is where all the damage was from the hurricane. I want to make sure to distribute the weight of that foot as much as possible so it will probably get a 3/4" piece of ply and a layer of bi-axial to hold it in place. That should be plenty. I might also put an aluminum plate there. I will make that call when I get to it.

I got the rear and floor board covered in CPES and Carpet today and also got the new bottom of the dog house covered in carpet. Should be able to get it all in the boat tomorrow and finally have a floor to start building some seat bases.

The boat will be for bare-footing, skiing and wake boarding. That is the main reason I got the newer ski pole to fit in my old base.

As for the design I am absolutly going to do this on the stern because I think it looks so sharp.

Not sure about the sides yet.

I will shoot some pictures tomorrow when I get the floor done!

Roger I might take it out again on Wednesday when the lake isn't that busy. Maybe around lunch time. Let me know if your working from home this week. Maybe you can take a long lunch

Thanks again all!

jinx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 3:23am
Boat is looking great - keep the pictures coming. It has been a lot of fun following along with this thread!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 5:46am
Originally posted by akabulla akabulla wrote:

As for the design I am absolutly going to do this on the stern because I think it looks so sharp.

I absolutely love that!! IMHO it's the coolest design CC ever made for the stern, very slick... BTW, where can one get of these...?
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 12:47pm
Thanks jinx! Everyone was right. I know this boat inside and out now!

Kristof where I found this guy talking about his boat and the design I am pretty sure he said he got it from the Nautique Dealer. His Sides are also pretty cool. I would just have to see if they have it in white so you could see it on my blue:

lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 1:29pm

This is from Nautiques of Orlando's site
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 2:48pm
That looks really sharp and would contrast well. What boat is that? I see the chrome rub rail.

lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 6:23pm
I believe its a 211 but it says it can fit 216 too.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2009 at 12:07am
AKA,
That's the 09 factory CC "raised gel" decal.

It's available in black and white.

I looked at that decal before I settled on the earlier style AIR decal.

At the time, I did not realize they were a raised decal. They look very sharp in real life.

Another thing I like is the black rope insert in the rub rail. I also have made this change. I used 3/4 dock line for mine.

I don't think you will go wrong with any of the factory CC decals.

akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2009 at 1:34pm
Thanks Chopper. It better be special for the price! I feel kind of weird putting an Air logo on it since it is a 2001 but I really like the logo and of course I like the way your boat looks !!   

I toyed with the idea of using the black line in the rub rail. I assume it won't get as dirty as fast but I am going to use the white for right now. I think the contrast with the black rub rail will look pretty sharp. I will probably switch to black when that gets dirty.

Got the floor done and got the new raised dog house carpeted and mounted. I also and started on the seat bases last night.

I tried to find a local provider of the colorguard vinyl but it looks like I will have to order it online so for the weekend we might be sitting on some temporary cushions but at least it won't be a lawn chair .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1819202122 23>
  Share Topic