NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Election 2012 Is Comming

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1920212223 33>
Author
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2011 at 5:34am
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

The answer?
Because there is something wrong with the emission system!

A code reader or disconnecting the battery turns off the MIL, but it does not clear the code. The code is still in the PCM.

This I understand. I just wanted the light to go out when I correct the
loose gas cap. Why is that so hard to understand ??

I had the code, I correct the loose gas cap, I wanted the light out...
I ended up using a family members Code Reader and cleared it.

Please do not report me to the EPA for clearing a Code that was only
an informational code anyway.

I have never seen a code for a loose gas cap.   The code reader I use does not say, P1823 Loose gas cap.

Those kind of code are usually tied to evap. emmissions, something the autozone guy doesnt even understand, or know what to sell you to fix the problem.   He shouldn't even be allowed to use a code reader for profit honestly.

I bet your code comes back soon, even if you tighten your cap properly.

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2011 at 5:42am
21 Pages !!!!!!

So, who is going to get the nomination?

I still say it's going to be Romney.

Sorry, Ski, Dave and all the rest.
Is Mormonism like Christian?

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2011 at 6:31am
Don't worry, although the code is still readable in the PCM, it also shows when the error last occurred. You will pass emissions if the problem was corrected and the MIL was reset.
A log of the engine history is kept as a reference in the PCM as to what has occurred and been addressed. No government agency expects that a malfunction will never occurr, only that it is addressed and repaired. We can all breathe easier and perform better if it is.
I tried to research available information as to the sponsors of the bill enabling the EPA to enforce standards on vehicle emissions. It appears to be an evolving system of standards proposed by both parties beginning in 1955, with the last major regulations being enacted in 1990 based partially on CARB (California Air Resources Board) regulations, that date back to the Regan era (a Californian). I really don't think this is a political agenda, only one that benefits clean air, proposed and adopted over the years by both parties. Sometimes good things come from cooperation and compromise.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2011 at 10:58am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

21 Pages !!!!!!

So, who is going to get the nomination?

I still say it's going to be Romney.

Sorry, Ski, Dave and all the rest.
Is Mormonism like Christian?

Too Soon to tell, but I do think it is about time for a few to drop off the bottom who are wasting our time at the debates.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2011 at 11:07am
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

I repeat, the EPA lets me purchase the Code Reader and clear it myself... but not let me use the Autoparts store Reader to clear it.
Do you understand that I still can clear it with about $100 ?
So how does that stop anyone from "spewing toxic garbage into the air" ?
And if you cannot afford a $100 Reader, you cannot afford to take a car
into a dealer. Here they charge $85 to read the codes.

The Sad and real truth probably goes something like this. Some guy who owns a dealership got tweaked because his customers were going to Auto zone and getting for free what he was charging 85 dollars for. This guy has an in with a gullible tree huger at the EPA and sells them a sob story about how Auto zone is destroying our planet by loaning out code readers. EPA guy adds it to the standards he is writing, and you and I get screwed.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2011 at 12:35pm
quite a stretch ^^^

used to be free, now it's not = screwed?
wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2011 at 1:54pm
The media and GOP Establishment have already nominated Romney. The last 3 years proves what happens when you let the media pick a president and the 8 years before that proved what the GOP Establishment will do for us.

I can only hope that the majority of the people have woke up.

Cain/Gingrich in 2012.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2011 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

I bet your code comes back soon, even if you tighten your cap properly.

Nope, will not come back anytime soon.
Code P0440 is commonly referred to as the loose or bad gas cap code.
1st thing on the list is to check the gas cap and its gasket.

Link

As I said earlier mine was loose, it was just sitting on the filler and
not turned for at least 3 clicks as most gas caps have printed on them.
Yes, I know other issues can cause this code.

1st time I heard of the P0440 code was from a friend that was selling his almost new truck. Friend he knew wanted to test drive it so Jim did not go with them. When they came back, they did not purchase.

Jim took truck to store and Light came on. He took it to Ford to have it
checked. They charged him $200+ to tighten his gas cap.
Jim called the friend that test drove it and they had stopped and put gas in it.
Test drive cost him $200. I try to remember these things.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2011 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

quite a stretch ^^^

used to be free, now it's not = screwed?

What really was accomplished by the EPA? I can still go to a dealership and have a 02 sensor diagnosed, and say not thanks, no repair today and drive off, I can by my own reader and reset any code I feel like, either option cost me about a hundo and is bad for the environment. The only thing I cannot do is go to a "greedy" business and use the reader that they used to offer me for FREE to see if my car really needs repair or if I can just reset a gas cap code. Why should I NOT feel screwed?

The story is not that big of a stretch, why do you think we have "loopholes" in tax laws, or why did Harry Ried get his home state and the unions excluded from Obama care.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2011 at 10:34pm
1- Nevada is not exempt from the plan.
2- Some union contracts that will be in effect for as long as 5 years do not have to comply until the new contract because they negotiated a binding contract with the members that the government cannot and should not be able to cancel.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2011 at 11:48pm
From the Daily Standard May 18th 2011

President Obama’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), headed by Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, has now granted Obamacare waivers to the entire states of Nevada and New Hampshire. In its letter to Nevada, HHS admits that, without the waiver, “there is a reasonable likelihood” that Obamacare would result in “market destabilization, and thus harm to consumers.” Thus, to try to keep insurers from fleeing that state, HHS has exempted Nevada from a portion of Obamacare’s long list of mandates and requirements. HHS also admits to a “reasonable likelihood” that Obamacare would “destabilize the individual market” in New Hampshire, and has granted it a statewide waiver as well.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 12:08am
The waiver I believe you safe referring to is the requirement that insurance companies spend at least 80% of their paid premiums on health care for the insured parties. Several states have gotten them. They are granted to insurance companies that can show it would put an undue hardship on them (business friendly to the vultures) It is not a waiver of the Affordable le Health Care Act. Have you read it? It is posted on line.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 12:18am
I know what is in the act, I am currently training in Health IT. What is in the act is not the point, the point is the guy pushing for the passage exempted (partially) his own state. This says to me he knows it is bad legislation, which supports the theory of corruption in government.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 12:48am
No, he exempted the insurance companies from making only 20% profit.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 12:51am
Nevada’s Insurance Division had appealed to the feds to reduce the federal requirement that health plans serving people who buy insurance on their own must spend at least 80 percent of the money they collect on medical expenses. Under the national rule, companies that don’t spend that percentage of revenue on medical costs have to cut policyholders rebate checks starting this year.

Nevada asked that requirement be reduced to 72 percent for one year, arguing that top insurance providers would be so strapped to make the payments that they’d exit the state market.

Health and Human Services didn’t fully buy that argument, but did agree to reduce the requirement to 75 percent for a year, expressing concern about what might happen to people with policies from insurers Golden Rule and Aetna if they didn’t.

Together, Golden Rule and Aetna cover 24 percent of Nevada’s insured; but they, along with Sierra Health and MEGA, which cover another 4 percent, are spending nowhere near 80 percent of revenue on health care coverage.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 1:11am
BTW, I don't think you have to look very far for evidence to support your theory of corruption in government.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 1:18am
Thank you that was the point I was making to Hollywood.
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 10:10am
you know what I could do with an extra 9 hundies a month?
you know Dave, thats $10,800 per year
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 10:15am
fact time: 50% of US workers earn under 26k a year, keep coddling the rich fella's
oh yeah, TR, thats 2 million into a population of 3 billion
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 10:23am
Trust me I know, That is family coverage, blue cross/blue shield. Good insurance, but a killer on the budget.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 11:13am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

fact time: 50% of US workers earn under 26k a year, keep coddling the rich fella's

Fact time, the Average government employees total compensation package is $126,000 a year. At least the businesses earned the money. The government takes it from us. Who are we coddling?
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 11:31am
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 11:35am

So?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 1:14pm
it was in defense of sounding like we export a ton of cars into China, one good bit of news I heard is GM is tooling up here down in Lordstown to start manufacturing the diesel powered Chevy Cruze.
SO, we should be exporting 50 million cars into China, that way Dave dont gottas pay the 10,800 a year to keep him from coughing
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 1:24pm

it was in defense of sounding like we export a ton of cars into China

Im not sure what the population of China has anything do with it. 2 million car sales per year is a pretty good rate. Heck, Buick only sold 100k cars in the US in 2009. Kia's US sales last year (2010) were only 350k.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 1:32pm
eric, lots of tooling up going on right now.

Thyssen Krupp Waupaca's Etowah TN plant is coming back online next year.

Nadicom $85MM to Iowa City, IA

Honda $50MM to Russels Point, OH

GM $65MM to Tonawanda, NY & Spring Hill, TN
GM $49MM to Bedford, IN
^^ much of these exported Ecotec engine parts

And this is just in the Global Casting Magazine I'm reading right now.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 11:38am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 11:39am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 11:41am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 11:43am
Dave, we need another 900 hundies a month, pretty please.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1920212223 33>
  Share Topic