NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Election 2012 Is Comming

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2324252627 33>
Author
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 8:06pm
It's more about selling out the state and country for one of many of these all expense paid, private jet, bullet train junkets for 30 of his closest friends financed by a Chinese billionaire looking for a slice of our go ferment contracts.

September 09, 2010|By Jack Dolan, Los Angeles Times

Reporting from Sacramento — While the state government limps through its 10th week without a budget, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is flying to Asia on Thursday with an entourage of about 30 state employees — most of their travel courtesy of a Chinese billionaire — to schmooze foreign officials and try to drum up trade.
In contrast to the reception the governor gets at home, where his latest approval ratings barely top 20%, Schwarzenegger's itinerary promises international celebrity treatment: He will be feted by an Internet tycoon in China, ride the fabled bullet train in Japan and visit U.S. troops in South Korea.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 8:36pm
North Carolina taxpayers have paid for 2 trips to China for our Gov (D) of 3 years.
She says that they are trade visits. She received no trade agreements on the 1st visit so I guess the 2nd trip was to ask "how about now?"
Naturally she takes the opportunity to also visit Japan and take a plane
load of aids with her.
The NC taxpayer is not happy....
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 8:53pm
It is mostly about selling out our country for personal profit. Karen Umland is a marketing for DFA, a $200,000,000,000 investment fund which the Governator owns " a significant share in". That's the best I could quantify his ownership. DFA Emerging markets invests in foreign firms with significant upside potential.12.5% , the limit under their investment strategy, of the fund is invested in China, however the holdings are tightly guarded. I wonder what the $7,600,000,000 bridge did for his personal wealth. Here is a little blurb on the fund.

Karen Umland's (DFA strategist ) country allocations tend to remain stable over time, as they are linked to market size. But by her formula, China has lately become a significantly better buy. The Chinese real economy may be powering the rest of the world's fragile recovery, but its stocks have fallen 17% over the past year as measured by Shanghai's benchmark SSE Composite Index. That means more value, and DFA's China holdings have risen to the Emerging Markets Value fund's 12.5% country limit. Other leading investment destinations: Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil and India. The top five account for about 60% of the fund
The bigger shift in the Emerging Markets Value portfolio since the financial crisis has come in its sector weightings. Umland's black box commanded her to pour into financial stocks around the world as their prices crashed after September 2008. Despite some bounce since, emerging-market bank shares remain a mathematical bargain. Financials now represent 29% of the fund's investment, up from 20% two years ago.

It's nice to funnel state money to a sector of you funds holdings. Very good for the country.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 11:07am
So, is the media vetting Herman Cain with the same standards they used for Barrack?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 12:51pm
Im not clear on something here, is this Arnie guy we speak of a Republican with republican values? the only thing i like about this guy is that he is married to one of "us" use to be anyways, maybe thats why he sold out, no democratic influences
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 12:53pm
I think Arnie got some "me so horny" on his trip to nipland
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 2:29pm
Since I am a FOX news guru freek here. Anybody watch Shawn Hannity last night. Perry with his 1-1 interview on Shawn Hannity looked very sharp. But who leaked out Cains sexual leakage?? Media or candiate?? I personally would not think Perry did it?

BTW, Romney scares me. Does he you??
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Cains sexual leakage??

Eeeeeewwwwwww!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 6:41pm
I figured it out, it is a conspiracy and you guys are really lefties....you closet righties keep throwing these idiots at us and then we vote the other way.
I knew there was something just not right
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 3:41am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Thank you for your opinion Overmyhead.
As I have said before, I normally avoid political discussions. This is the only site where I have seen it done with respect. Must be a CC thing.

John, thats the beauty of this site,we share the bound of cc's above all else. I have been to two reunions and have yet to discuse politics at one, and dispite my political passions, I never want to meet someone and from this site and feel uncomfortable about what I have said in a political discussion.

Dave
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 3:50am
I don't think anyone should feel uncomfortable about their beliefs as long as they are sincere. When you stop exchanging ideas and close your mind you become old and irrelevant. I am very tolerant of others and their opinions. Diversity keeps life interesting. Those who know me are thankful for diversity because they certainly don't want another one like me!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 10:30am
ACORN is back with all the same employees but a new name. This is our presidents former employer who was convicted of / and defunded due to voter fraud in his support. Turns out they are one of the major organizers of Occupy Wall Street, which just happens to dovetail with the presidents class warfare paln for re-election. Here is a link to a fox news article so consider the source but specifically check out the behaviors of the organization in response to being descovered and ask yourself if it does not scream "we are guilty" and "we got busted."

ACORN is back
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 2:15pm
Those people protesting down on wall street, I say build a wall around them and kill em in there own system. Communist system!!

BTW, I betcha Mr Loser Obama sent those protesters down there. Or may I say "Free Loaders"!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 10:10am
dont change the subject, im still pissed about the bridge...Arnie needs the ghadafy treatment, anybody catch his demise? he took a sharp one right up the ass, im beginning to think our laws need to be changed, I listened all week about this Georgia judge whoopin his kid with a belt, typical, I dont condone that ***************, but come on, wtf, you steal a piece of candy in India and they whack your fingers off. now this beeoch will write some stupid ass book and capitalize on her ass kicken. the end result i would bet was that she didnt steal music anymore.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 2:45pm

Those people protesting down on wall street, I say build a wall around them and kill em in there own system. Communist system!!

BTW, I betcha Mr Loser Obama sent those protesters down there. Or may I say "Free Loaders"!!

Isn't that what they did in Tieneman Square, North Korea, Libya, post war Soviet Union and a hundred other totalitarian regimes around the world? I am reasonably certain that our constitution, you know, the one I was sworn to protect, recognizes peoples right to free speech and assembly still. If you don't like it get off your comphy chair and back away from your computer screen and go down and counter demonstrate. Exercise your rights while you still have a few of them.
Have you forgotten who was in office for eight years when the economy collapsed? Who said "The fundamentals of the economy are strong" just prior to the collapse. Who got us into two wars costing us trillions of dollars, thousands of American lives, and 40,000 injured and disabled soldiers we must provide for? How much is enough?
One of my favorite quotes is from the Governator, he said " Money doesn't make people happy, last week I had 48 million dollars, this week I have 50 million and I'm no happier"

I watched "Capitalism, A Love Story" just for you last night. I had to bust out a tissue.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 11:07pm

Isn't that what they did in Tieneman Square, North Korea, Libya, post war Soviet Union and a hundred other totalitarian regimes around the world? I am reasonably certain that our constitution, you know, the one I was sworn to protect, recognizes peoples right to free speech and assembly still. If you don't like it get off your comphy chair and back away from your computer screen and go down and counter demonstrate. Exercise your rights while you still have a few of them.
Have you forgotten who was in office for eight years when the economy collapsed? Who said "The fundamentals of the economy are strong" just prior to the collapse. Who got us into two wars costing us trillions of dollars, thousands of American lives, and 40,000 injured and disabled soldiers we must provide for? How much is enough?
One of my favorite quotes is from the Governator, he said " Money doesn't make people happy, last week I had 48 million dollars, this week I have 50 million and I'm no happier"

I watched "Capitalism, A Love Story" just for you last night. I had to bust out a tissue.

Freedom of speech. O ya I support it! But what they are protesting John like in Greece and wall street. Free handout crap. Angry at people on wall street are smarter than them. Want the resdisturbuting wealth!! I have problems with them. Who cares what is enough!!! You think Bill Gates, Michael Dell, or Warren Buffet just was given from a handout. NO!!!! Started on the bottom and made a ENTERPRISE. Became Loaded Filthey RICH!! I think we call that the "American Dream"!!

BTW, when you see goverment get invovled like it has in this country and others, GOVERMENT spells disater...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 11:33pm
STARTED AT THE BOTTOM! ARE YOU JOKING?
Bill Gates mother was on the board of First National Bancsystems and The united Way, his father was a very wealthy lawyer. His grandfather was the president of a national bank.

Warren Buffet was the son of a four term United States Congressman and favors higher taxes.

Michael Dell is the son of a very wealthy orthodontist and stock broker.

If that's starting out at the bottom all I can say is I want a small piece of that bottom.

I guess when in doubt, MSU.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 2:01pm

STARTED AT THE BOTTOM! ARE YOU JOKING?
Bill Gates mother was on the board of First National Bancsystems and The united Way, his father was a very wealthy lawyer. His grandfather was the president of a national bank.

Warren Buffet was the son of a four term United States Congressman and favors higher taxes.

Michael Dell is the son of a very wealthy orthodontist and stock broker.

If that's starting out at the bottom all I can say is I want a small piece of that bottom.

I guess when in doubt, MSU.

Talking about them selves goofy. Thats like me saying I came from a great family which I did, my mother was a manager of a shoe store, and my dad plant manager of Halliburton. Yea sounds to be a family well set, but the facts they started somewhere.

These protestors are freeking weirdo, dont want to work, lazy asses!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 2:18pm
One who always generalizes is never right!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 2:47pm
Freedom of speech. O ya I support it! But what they are protesting John like in Greece and wall street. Free handout crap. Angry at people on wall street are smarter than them. Want the resdisturbuting wealth!! I have problems with them. Who cares what is enough!!! You think Bill Gates, Michael Dell, or Warren Buffet just was given from a handout. NO!!!! Started on the bottom and made a ENTERPRISE. Became Loaded Filthey RICH!! I think we call that the "American Dream"!!

My, how the "American Dream" has been hijacked. I don't remember anything in the constitution about "filthy rich". There are those parts about all being equal, freedom of speech, pursuit of happiness and such. Maybe you are not aware that filthy rich is a derogatory term about greed and the means to achieve wealth.
Filthy rich was first used as a noun phrase meaning "rich people; who have become so by dishonourable means". It was used that way in America, where it was coined, from the 1920s onwards. I prefer to help others less fortunate. Compassion goes a long way. Stuff is just stuff. The only thing you really have is time. Life is what you do with that time. Money is just a number in a leger sheet. You are ill informed about isssues. Your belief that Gates, Dell, and Buffet started at the bottom demonstrates this.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 3:53pm
did Arnie coin that phrase after the bridge deal?
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 4:34pm
Yea, he must have changed his puny little mind. BTW I mis-quoted. It was from memory and it was close. Here is the correct quote. It must have been before the bridge because last I heard his wealth was estimated at about $400,000,000. That was before wifey found out that he was parking his car in a different garage, and it seemed to have an oil leak.

“Money doesn’t make you happy. I have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million.”

How about a couple more from the Governator.

"I can look at a chick who's a little out of shape and if she turns me on, I won't hesitate to date her. If she's a good f**k she can weigh 150 pounds, I don't care." -in a 1977 interview with Oui

"That was another thing I will never forgive the Republican Party for. I was ashamed to call myself a Republican during that period." -on the Clinton impeachment

I think he should just be ashamed to call himself a human being!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 5:18pm

My, how the "American Dream" has been hijacked. I don't remember anything in the constitution about "filthy rich". There are those parts about all being equal, freedom of speech, pursuit of happiness and such.

John, can you please show us the quote in the constitution thats about us all being equal? The pre-amble to the constituion says we are all created equal, with certain inalienable rights. The wording is important. Being created equal means no one has any more rights than anyone else. For something to be a right by its very nature cannot conflict with anothers rights. That is why healthcare is an entitlement and not a right, taking money from one citizen to pay anothers healthcare violates the payers right to pursuit. We have the right to free speech which the protesters are exercising, but hey do not have the right to stop others from going about their business by say blocking the entrance to a business. They do not have the right to destroy property, or throw rocks and molotov cocktails at police officers,and they do not have the right to violate local ordinences or the wishes of private property owners. Look to the tea party protests to see how to peacably assemble. When they went to the national mall park police commented on how clean they left the property. But back to rights, the constitution did not mention the filthy rich, and it does not even elude to someone accumulating to much wealth. The protesters want the wealth of Wall street redistributed to them. They seem to think they have that right, which is no wonder when we have the president of the country out promoting a class war. The protesters amoungst their varied complaints are upset with having to pay back their college loans. They signed legal business contracts when they entered into the loans. They recieved the full benefit of a college education, all thanks to the very banks they are protesting, and now for some reason feel entitled to having that debt erased. The reason is likely the crap thier liberal professors filled their heads with. Why dont they protest their colleges which have raised tuition at a double inflations annual rates for decades? That is the reason their debt is so high, not the few percent the banks charge them. Of course thier professors will never teach them that. They also complain about the lack of jobs. Last I saw Wall street provideds jobs. Maybe they should apply for some while they are there, of course they would maybe want to bathe first. This is the land of opportunity, not guarentees. Except for liberty!
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 6:04pm

My, how the "American Dream" has been hijacked. I don't remember anything in the constitution about "filthy rich". There are those parts about all being equal, freedom of speech, pursuit of happiness and such. Maybe you are not aware that filthy rich is a derogatory term about greed and the means to achieve wealth.
Filthy rich was first used as a noun phrase meaning "rich people; who have become so by dishonourable means". It was used that way in America, where it was coined, from the 1920s onwards. I prefer to help others less fortunate. Compassion goes a long way. Stuff is just stuff. The only thing you really have is time. Life is what you do with that time. Money is just a number in a leger sheet. You are ill informed about isssues. Your belief that Gates, Dell, and Buffet started at the bottom demonstrates this.

My point John is tired of these fking lazy liberals, all you guys want to do is take from the rich and give to the poor. So WHAT, a guy came from something and turned into millions and millions of dollars. "AMERICAN DREAM" John!!! Make your money in America, WHEREVER!!

Those that are less fortunate John you speak of are normally the drug attics, non workers, hispanics living of the system for FREE. For example, the LoneStar card     here in TX is a wellfare card for food stamps ect, can buy beer on it in Wal-Mart. I was in Wal-Mart last week, a hispanic family was in front of me, dad was wearing Snake skin boots,fancy belt buckle, mom had a nice dress on, kids had brand new nikes (4 fking kids) and mom had one in the belly!! There grocery cart was loaded and had sht stuffed underneath. You know how they paid John! Whipped out a freeking LONESTAR CARD and walked out to there freeking truck. Did not have to pay for ***************!!!!!
Myself had just a few things so I was in the parking lot in my 2007 Chevy Silverado which all I can afford, but guess who was parked 4 spots down from me. This hispanic family working the fking system. Got in a BRAND NEW 2010 Chevy Silvardo... Yea they are reall less fortunate.. Fk em!!!

I am sick n fking tired of these free loaders thinking they can just be given a pieace of wealth, or enjoy OTHER peoples wealth or fruits of there labor!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 7:28am
And your point is what? That the family shopping in you prestigious local Wally World was undeserving of benefits because they don't look like you believe they should? Is it that Hispanics are somehow inferior to your master race? Is a Hispanic ancestry somehow connected to freeloading and drug addiction? Do you have any knowledge of the circumstances that caused this family to need to apply for benefits that your state, Republican controlled for the past 19 years, deemed them to be entitled to. Could it be that they were one of the 550 families who lost their jobs due to layoffs in your school district. I feel confident that you would not consider that a possibility since they were from what you consider to be an inferior nationality. If you and your family lost your income what would you sell to get by? Maybe your French Shriners and Armanis? I don't see a lot of value in used clothes, even if they are of good quality. Perhaps he should throw anything bought during more prosperous times into the garbage and purchase clothes that make the "I'm unemployed" fashion statement. It's a look that guarantees that you will remain so for an extended period. If I saw the family in Sacs or Needless Markup buying Bacco Bucci's for the kids I might wonder. Wow, Nike's, how extravagant. Just wait till the neighbors see us wearing these and carrying our Wal Mart bags.
And of course you label me as a liberal, which in your mind necessarily means a lazy freeloader. What do you know of me, my history, my occupation, or my finances. I can tell you that I am not consumed by hatred. That I do not judge people based on the spigmentation of their skin. And that I am not obsessed with accumulating the greatest volume of material goods possible to impress others. I can also tell you that relationships based on social status and money most often desolve when that commonality no longer exists.
Good luck in your pursuit to become "filthy rich". I prefer to be financially comfortable and rich in life experiences such as the joy one experiences when acting as an advocate for a disabled person, delivering a meal to an elderly person trying to live an independent life but unable to fully take care of themselves, helping at a homeless shelter, or sponsoring a child at summer camp who never would have had that experience. Open your mind and open your heart. Greed, hatred, ignorance, and intolerance are all consuming.

“Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.”
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 9:56am
oh, i thought it was "i had 48 million, now after the bridge deal, i have 50"
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 10:24am
Keep one eye on Newt. While the fighting and flip flopping and scandals are in the public eye Newt has stayed on message. He might not be the popular guy but he might just be the most qualified.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 10:45am
I think Newt is easily the most qualified.    

How many of us opinionated folk caught the Sat debate?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 11:11am
Did not hear a word about it before or after, I think we are at the point of debate overload, I want to see the debates against Barrack already,or maybe a few front runners. The debates with 10 plus people on stage are a waste of time. Does anyone really care what Santorum has to say at this point? If you have not risen above a few percent in any poll by now it may be prudent to bail. Time to thin the heard.
1987 Ski Nautique

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 11:41am
Debate overload?!!? Maybe like you say, the 10 person 30 second crap. This was very good and it'll be interesting to see who has the sand to follow suit.

Here's a short article and a link to the debate.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2324252627 33>
  Share Topic