NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Election 2012 Is Comming

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2627282930 33>
Author
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 8:03pm
Oops, nothing to see here.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Newt sure seems to be tapping into the conservative, "make government smaller" sentiment thats out there. Sure he has baggage. Which of them don't?

He is my new ABO Candidate (Anybody But Obama) candidate! I think the Republican primary will come down to Newt and Romney. And, the fact that Newt is tied with Romney in New Hampshire really says something. New Hampshire is in Romney's backyard. Its the countries desire to have a true conservative in the race.... at least according to Fox News

Is this like your prediction in Wisconsin? Like how you said the effort will fail. And then even when you see you were wrong, you still say the democrats did get far enough.

Is this one of those opposite things?

Check in on the Wisconsin progress and see Scott Walker scared.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Some great points above.

The tea party is still in full swing. They were to have a townhall with a Utah senator(not reid) and the senate rules committee threw them out. They did have their meeting but had to relocate.

The Dems pooched one good yesterday. Imagine congress having to maintain a budget...how shameful. So just what are the dems who voted no saying?

There has never been an amendment for such, and the budget has only been balanced for 6 of the last 50 years. Most of them under Clinton. Hummm.
Not sure I follow your logic on how this was pooched by the Dems. With a vote tally like 261-165 there HAD to be republicans voting against it.

I hear Paul Ryan voted against it too, but because it was not strict enough.

Sounds more like the Republicans are living in a dream world, where they think they have more power than they really do.

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Newt sure seems to be tapping into the conservative, "make government smaller" sentiment thats out there. Sure he has baggage. Which of them don't?

He is my new ABO Candidate (Anybody But Obama) candidate! I think the Republican primary will come down to Newt and Romney. And, the fact that Newt is tied with Romney in New Hampshire really says something. New Hampshire is in Romney's backyard. Its the countries desire to have a true conservative in the race.... at least according to Fox News

Is this like your prediction in Wisconsin? Like how you said the effort will fail. And then even when you see you were wrong, you still say the democrats did get far enough.

What effort in Wisconsin didn't fail? The Democrats have failed at every step in Wisconsin. They won back a couple of seats, but, they didn't take control of the Senate. Is that the success you are talking about? Okay, I admire your ability to find huge successes from small victories.

Please don't tell me you embrace the OWS anarchists. There has been a murder, rapes, and several drug overdose deaths, along with a bunch of unruly thugs that illegally "occupy" public areas until they have to be forcibly removed so authorities could restore order. Please help me to understand how this "wonderful" movement will change the country forever? Can you name one thing they want or stand for? Its very unclear to me what its all about...other than the opportunity for unsavory types to congregate and cause trouble.

As it relates to Walker, I don't think he will be recalled. I think that initiative will fail just like all the other liberal attempts to undo the reforms he has implemented.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 4:31am

Dave,

I do not think the former police chief, Ray Lewis, was disgruntled in anyway. If you have support of this, bring it forth.
When I see my brothers and sisters protesting in uniform, and getting shot with tear gas caniters, nothing could describe the feelings I have. These men and women you claim to respect and allow to fight for you are standing up to the big money problems we have here. That is pretty scary if you really think about it.

Same goes for your comments about the protesters and the former police captain. You sick republicans think the protesters are mostly drug addicted and all th othercrap you spouted forth about them. Sadly, for you, your real feelings about real Americans, is clear.

One thing is clear. OWS is going to change this country, like it or not. Don't think the balance is tipping to the republicans side, that is apparent with the decline of the tea party. Sorry, OWS is not going to go away by calling them drug addicted or dirty either.

Yep, I protested with these folks, in uniform many times, as well as the working to recall Walker in Wisconsin. I fought for the country for a long time and made some huge sacrifices for this great land including losing most of my leg. Now I am a drug addicted loser who has bad hygiene as well as a fondness for raping and assulting. Screw you and your crap about wearing your EMT uniform. Screw you. Wear that shirt and rubber gloves protecting yourself from internet threats and guys from Texas who think they can stomp you with Texas sized boot.

That police captain was the captain in Philly, not some "blink and you miss" it towns. Dave, sir, two different things comparing your EMT to him.

Have you seen what Bank of America is doing to the returning soldiers? I know many that will step off a plane and join the movement. Christ, many do not have homes to return to.

Seth, I was not attacking you personally and if I came off that way I apologize, As a vet you get my eternal gratitude, you get my respect, and you get my compassion for what has to be a struggle in so many ways with your injuries. What I wont give you is a free pass as you move forward. Performing a great service and sacrifice does not make everything you do after that point ok no matter what. You back a movement which I have little respect for. I think its philosophy is bad for our country which we can disagree on but more importantly I think the methods it employs show a lack of respect and immaturity. I see things fairly black and white, and thus see civil disobedience as nothing more than a group pre-planning to break laws that are put in place to protect society. I just don't see how two wrongs ever make a right, the whole someone else is doing wrong so I am going to right it by doing wrong just does not make sense to me. By that logic if the rich don't agree with tax policy they are justified to cheat on their taxes, or if I don't agree with the Occupiers I am justified to ram my car into Zucccotti park. I just don't see the whole thing ending well.

Every thing I attributed to the protesters has been reported as happening in Zuccotti Park. I went a step further and searched out photos and additional news reports. I am not saying everyone there participated or approved of it, but those that choose to participate will be associated with it. That is why I point out the contrasts with the Tea party. The Tea Party was under far greater scrutiny from the media, They were labeled racist despite a lack of evidence proving it to be true. The supposedly "angry conservatives" show great respect at their events, they are careful to self police and remove any radical elements from their events. Without significant backing or a hierarchy they became and remain a major political force. The Occupy movement made up of those on the supposedly "tolerant left" are harassing people on the streets, disrupting businesses and advocating violence. They have welcomed anyone into their ranks to swell their numbers, including the homeless, and addicted. The movement is being supported and directed by unions and the new version of ACORN,from donated offices above the park. ACORN you will remember was prosecuted for multiple cases of election fraud. They spent days shredding documents after they were reported to be paying people to attend the protests, They also immediately fired several employees suspected of talking to the media. This is the type behavior that got Arthur Anderson vilified and brought them down after the Enron scandal. The occupy movement had some public sympathy but as time goes on it is losing support due to its tactics and the revelations of its true nature.

As for the retired police captain arrested, He has the same right to protest as anyone, and he knows the results of participating in civil disobedience as well as anyone. When he chooses to prootest in uniform he is making a statement through his words, actions, and the actions of those he is grouped in with. He is dismissing his loyalty to his former fellow officers are who are charged with the job of dealing with the unruly mobs, and his presence in uniform only makes that job more emotional and difficult which surly is his plan.

Obama came into office with his promises of uniting this country, instead his ruthlessness pursuing uncontrolled spending to pay back his contributers when he had both the house and senate, and his choice to demonize the wealthy with his politics of envy have acted to only further divide it.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 8:16am

What effort in Wisconsin didn't fail? The Democrats have failed at every step in Wisconsin. They won back a couple of seats, but, they didn't take control of the Senate. Is that the success you are talking about? Okay, I admire your ability to find huge successes from small victories.

Please don't tell me you embrace the OWS anarchists. There has been a murder, rapes, and several drug overdose deaths, along with a bunch of unruly thugs that illegally "occupy" public areas until they have to be forcibly removed so authorities could restore order. Please help me to understand how this "wonderful" movement will change the country forever? Can you name one thing they want or stand for? Its very unclear to me what its all about...other than the opportunity for unsavory types to congregate and cause trouble.

As it relates to Walker, I don't think he will be recalled. I think that initiative will fail just like all the other liberal attempts to undo the reforms he has implemented.

Ok, so the Dems didn't get the one seat advantage they were hoping for.
But as it turns out, THEY DO NOT NEED IT.
That's right, republican Dale Schultz has voted lock step with the dems since the February protests.
Typically I'd say you are right you won, but since this really is about the end result, dem or repb control, I'd say that is a wrap for the dems.

Oh and the Walker camp, well the latest poll numbers show his approval rating is hovering at %40. Yikes....
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 10:32am

There has never been an amendment for such, and the budget has only been balanced for 6 of the last 50 years. Most of them under Clinton. Hummm.
Not sure I follow your logic on how this was pooched by the Dems. With a vote tally like 261-165 there HAD to be republicans voting against it.

Sounds more like the Republicans are living in a dream world, where they think they have more power than they really do.

You are right about the buget and Clinton,but you forget to mention that Newt was a Republican speaker of the house when all those budgets balanced. Newt is also responsible for other things Clinton got passed.
Can't be done with a Bush/Pelosi, she would never allow such a thing.

For the sake of my being totally ignorant and you so knowledgable please explain to me simply and breifly wht the OWS is about?
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 12:05pm
welp, i guess it wasnt a hair trigger at Kent State
"the things you own will start to own you"
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 1:53pm
Oner, you call me ignorant no just good ol conservative. I am not the democrat, so who is ignorant now..

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 2:00pm

David he probally does support that crap. He a left winger. He probally likes them protestors too. And oner there probally thinks so crooked, his mind is warped to real polotics that he probally the guy/coach at Penn State that used a boy as a whistle is innocent. I hope that coach gets life in prison or the death sentence. Those boys lifes are ruined from his sexual malestation. Joe pa needs to serve some community time.

Hey oner, do you think they should legalize mary jane??
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 4:12pm
I wanted to make one last point oner. Your buddy in the white house hates the military too. Turns his back to them every time, after time.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 4:55pm
Ski, do you really think it matters who is in the whitehouse? its a pawn postition, he is our media guy, a face, a man of probably close to no power, everyone answers to someone...
there is nothing worse a man could do on this earth than what Sanbutsky did, this is the ultimate cover up, I would guareentee the investigation will reach to the dean of State Penn, I really can see this guy putting a bullet in his own head
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Ski, do you really think it matters who is in the whitehouse? its a pawn postition, he is our media guy, a face, a man of probably close to no power, everyone answers to someone...

It does matter to a point because if congress doesn't want to work with the whitehouse the whitehouse will get nothing done. See Bush/Pelosi or Obama/Bohener Clinton and Newt on the other hand did work together and got alot accomplished.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 8:37pm

there is nothing worse a man could do on this earth than what Sanbutsky did, this is the ultimate cover up, I would guareentee the investigation will reach to the dean of State Penn, I really can see this guy putting a bullet in his own head

Hell yes it makes a difference in my pocket book. The president has no power!! Course he does. You see what Obama has done since 08. Look at the economy. His polocies he has pushed in all streams of economics. Healthcare, education, wall street, housing, main stream taxes,and foreign polocy. He has failed in every area. EVERY area!!

You are probally right eric on this penn state, but you at any level, espcially penn state joe paterno knew about this boys being malested in every way shape or form in juto ville, and all he did is go to the dean and thats it. That saying of CYA is so true. Joe should have went to the police and cover his ass. He let it go, and what goes around comes around. There all sick bastrds, but those innocent boys in the shower, there lives are ruined. They all need a bullet..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

It does matter to a point because if congress doesn't want to work with the whitehouse the whitehouse will get nothing done. See Bush/Pelosi or Obama/Bohener Clinton and Newt on the other hand did work together and got alot accomplished.

Who you thinking would be Newt's VP?? I would like perry but would figure Newt/Romney would be destructive in the election.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 8:53pm
Newt/Cain
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 1:23am
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

David he probally does support that crap. He a left winger. He probally likes them protestors too. And oner there probally thinks so crooked, his mind is warped to real polotics that he probally the guy/coach at Penn State that used a boy as a whistle is innocent. I hope that coach gets life in prison or the death sentence. Those boys lifes are ruined from his sexual malestation. Joe pa needs to serve some community time.

Easiest first. Weed should be legal for those that need it. This itself is a whole 'nother topic with so much discussion needed it wouldn't do mush good to go further.

If your above reference was about me thinking it is ok about Penn state, that is epic.

If you think the guy that saw it and did it should be executed or life in prison, where is your justification about recommending community service for Joe Paterno? Think that really Ski? Your justification in the above justifies your wacked out position in politics.

Think it is ok to know about it without reporting it? Paterno is just as guilty in my book as Sandusky.

There is more....but I have a plane to catch.   I'll write from OWS when I return, that is where I am headed.   Oh

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 2:22am
Why am I not surprised!   Got to admire the guys convictions, regardless how much I disagree with them. OOW....please post some pictures when you get a chance so we can see what its like in the "belly of the beast". Oh, and let us know what the OWS demands or goals are. I am still not clear on what the movement is all about. I think I heard that some students want thier student debt eliminated, but other than that .....

The Tea Party had very clear goals....reduce the size of bloated government, cut wasteful entitlement spending, balance the budget, and eliminate our national debt. Very clear! Very simple!   
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 2:22am
Seth, Stay out of harms way, and straiten a few of those knuckleheads out!
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 5:20am
Opps, no I am not headed out East to the protest.     Sorry, I worded that wrong in haste. I was headed home, finally too, because I miss my dog. My laptop too, ever use a “netbook”? Holy ***************, I have never ha…
My wife and I spent a kid free weekend in Chicago, well she spent most of her time there, I made two trips to the Horseshoe.
I am headed to the Occupy Madison Movement in the am, as I do every few days.   I have a 50X80 full of crap my father left me, so all the wood, steel, and other stuff is going to them.   I know he had 2 diesel gererators too.   Next year, as in a few months it will be clean and ready for concrete.     
You may think it is all drug addicted, hippy, whores, whatever. You have not been there, to any of them anywhere, you have not even bothered to look on the net about OWS.   I am there, so are many of my brothers in combat and neighbors.. We don’t rape, pillage, steal, and we do have jobs, good hygiene, (what never peed outside of a toilet), wives, kids, money.    That crap wouldn’t happen near me. Why would you say that?   Because you do not understand it and FOX told you so.

I respect the OWS movement, and here is why. I am mad as hell about the state of our nation, including our politics, money in politics….   Look there ae a lot of reasons for OWS.   Some may or may not apply directly to me.   But some do, and I am fighting and advocating for all because I stand with people that think like me. Simple.    Just like any soldier, citizen, or human does. You think the same with the tea party. Fine.    I am not here to convince you.   That has already been proven nearly impossible.

What about the soldiers who return home with out a home because it was foreclosed. The soldier fighting a war for his country could not afford to pay the mortgage. Meanwhile the banks receive bailout funds, return record profits, and then foreclose upon the same citizen that just served for them. Give that some damn thought will ya?.   Tell me how the hell can you even attempt to slather your republican crap on that to make it the soldiers fault? How can you? Do it, answer that for me?

Her e is another one. SGt. Mike King****. . This man, was litterllay told during war time, that his wife was killed at home in the US. He returned to track and kill the man who was responsible. He now serves TWO life sentences. WTF? Slather that republican “pull-yourself-up- by- the- boot straps” it’s your fault *************** on that.    He was even held at a private prison for 1 year. So now a private prison company profited off that crap an ACTIVE soldier went through.   Keep slathering it on because the American people are starting to see through it.

Yeah, about those student loans. Isn’t it screwed up?   I have kids, here is what I tell them.
-Do good in school
- Go to college
- get a job
- Live your life
Here is what they see-
-     Sports matter more
-     Who can afford college?
-     After I take out a loan, what happens then to all those that cannot find a job, as well as all the cash?
-     What JOB is there to get.( republicans are helping this along how?)
-     Hate everyone different than you.
-     Care about yourself first always
Can’t even deny that’s the truth.

I don’t have much to say about republicans or democrats. I despise both, but democrats less, much less. There is too much money in this game and that has been said over and over, but it is the real problem.
Those f****** kers in there, most of them are so paid for ,we stand no chance. And even if they are not, the past 4-5 guys before him were, and they sold us out then, really giving us little chance.

I could care less really what that letter behind your name is. And if you are telling ME that I should pay for this ***************, I will, but so are those at the top or it isn’t happening with me.

It has never been bad to generate a profit. When I am paid I put a chunk away until I can get a chance to play poker.   On a good weekend with lots of play, I can walk way up x4 or x5 my money. I do that put way move to invest in my future. If I had to pay a tax on it.   So flipping what….   Business in this country should not get a free pass. If they have great profits, pay the tax man. I do, you do. Republicans are saying the rich shouldn’t have to pay any more than anyone else even if the profit margin is vastly different. I have never said,
“I will not work today, for I will not pay the tax man” neither will business.

That is all. Whew..

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 9:52am
I would like to know what the OWS is about? So far I got no forclosure for veterans, and legal pot. As for the politiions lining pockets. Tea party already covered that one. No one is crazy abut the banks profits. I read your thread I agree with most but I don't consider me a supporter of OWS.   Is that all OWS is about?
As for the tax thing if you tax the so called rich )$250,000+) the mega rich will still not pay )loopholes) just the middle income people and small businesses. Better to revamp the system so everyone pays. You will actually take in more $ and hurt less people.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 10:28am
Hard, ive been in business long enough, not big business, but a business that genrates the numbers we talk about, at a certain point there is a non taxable cash flow, the money that goes in the pocket, it exceeds taxes that ever would be paid, so when you say fare share across the board, its impossible unless you went to a currency free society, it would need to be all electronic transactions. the cash transactions do not go on the books, so lets say if you do a million a year total and only 500k is reported, your only being taxed on the 500k.
you must take this into account, money is hidden from what I hear,
and i can positively say it happens at the 100 million dollar level, because at on time i remember filling up semi trailers with inventory to avoid taxation...we know the problems but there is nothing we can do to control what goes on because the people doing this are creating the rules
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 11:56am

Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Easiest first. Weed should be legal for those that need it. This itself is a whole 'nother topic with so much discussion needed it wouldn't do mush good to go further.

If your above reference was about me thinking it is ok about Penn state, that is epic.

If you think the guy that saw it and did it should be executed or life in prison, where is your justification about recommending community service for Joe Paterno? Think that really Ski? Your justification in the above justifies your wacked out position in politics.

Think it is ok to know about it without reporting it? Paterno is just as guilty in my book as Sandusky.

There is more....but I have a plane to catch.   I'll write from OWS when I return, that is where I am headed.   Oh

Read my post a little better there bro. I said even Joe needs to do a little community time. The coach needs too life or death.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 12:00pm
I think you Dave, david, 62 wood,critter, and myself have finally flipped mr lavine there. He likes us conservatives...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 12:09pm
A few thoughts in response to previous posts....

- Bank Bailouts: Please keep in mind that the Obama administration forced banks to take bailout money. They had no choice, regardless of thier situation. How soon we forget.

- Student loans: I think its absurd what schools are charging now. I hate it!! My oldest son just graduated from Indiana University last December, and my other son is at Eastern Illinois now. I can tell you all about school costs. But, the decision to go to school was ours. We knew what we were getting into. We will pay the bills, and not ask anybody else to do it. Its called personal responsibility.

- Foreclosures: I don't want to see that happen to anybody, especially war vets. However, the government made a decision years ago that all Americans should own homes, regardless whether or not they could afford them. Freddie Mac/Fannie May forced those awful banks to make loans to virtually anybody that could fog a mirror with their breath. We are now paying the price. Or, as Reverend Jerimiah Wright-Obama's Pastor said...."The bird's are coming home to roost".

That is what is at the root of this whole financial mess we are in rigth now. If private banks had been in charge of making loans, we would not have this mess. They would have worried about making good loans, and making a profit. Keep in mind that Freddie and Fannie told banks they would buy up or back any mortgage they sold. Then, many millions ended up not being able to afford those homes, and the house of cards comes tumbling down.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 12:27pm

A few thoughts in response to previous posts....

- Student loans: I think its absurd what schools are charging now. I hate it!! My oldest son just graduated from Indiana University last December, and my other son is at Eastern Illinois now. I can tell you all about school costs. But, the decision to go to school was ours. We knew what we were getting into. We will pay the bills, and not ask anybody else to do it. Its called personal responsibility.

David you are so right my friend. I just spent 25k for a Associates degree from the University of Phoenix. (ONLINE) The funny thing about this is, I took 6 months off, and want to forward my education and it is really hard for me to get back in. I call my academic counsler and because of the federal goverment, because loans have gone bad and cost has gone up, they are very picky who they give there loans too now, it has been 4 wks and I am ready to continue but no answer.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 2:34pm
where does all that money go, such as like Penn States, athletic program? the kids dont get paid on the books anyways, its up in the hundreds of millions, im just curious
ski, I will never cast a vote for a pubby, not in my blood, even if they bribed me with a thousand bucks, i would consider 10k though lol
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 3:33pm
So Eric, Do you feel you are better off now than you were 4 years ago?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 5:34pm

A friend just sent me this, thought I would share it with you guys.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 10:30am
Hard, the best time of my life was under Clinton, he mopped up quickly, as for Obama...its taking a touch longer to mop things up...but you guys are giving him a chance for a second time around

during the Bush years, it was just to good to be true, im not an economist but deep down I knew the *************** was going to hit the fan before Oct 2008, those loan apps I was telling you about were just amazing to me and calling the bank on a fax signature to get some money,
am i better off, spiritually, No   wealthy no   healthy yes, better off than someone who is laying in a hospital bed waiting on their maker yes, wiser yes
my philosophy on life is, we are expected to live to 72 not a thousand, I dont want to leave my kids a million bucks because what i worked a lifetime for they will spend it in 3 months and it will diminish their charactor. i dont go thru life with the thoughts who has the most money wins because you leave that *************** at the door and you are judged for what good you did in life.
my feelings on the filthy rich is somehow they obtained that money illegally and thats what they think about from morning until they go to sleep at night.
am I better off, I would like to think so
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2627282930 33>
  Share Topic