NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show me your garage

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 12>
Author
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2009 at 12:22pm
Pete I know how hard it is to set the ducting up in a tight shop always something in the way, when I first got started used Pvc underground piping and bends just need to well ground as the static build up is high but worked, if your running a high cfm fan I found the indirect drive to be not so loud to run.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2009 at 1:46pm
I just had a new roof put on the house and garage. I guess with the building boom over in my area, they must have let go on the inspectors or kept one for major jobs, because my contractor was to take pictures and take them over to the village hall ?? How would you know the pictures were of the job your now on ?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2009 at 4:54pm
Roger,
The collector I've picked out is a direct drive 5HP. It's going into the utility room along with the boiler, on demand HWH, air compressor, compressed air drier and heat recovery ventilation unit for the shop. A 24" x 24" return duct with a filter grill will get the collection air back to the shop. I feel it's going to be pretty quite but I plan on lining the return duct with the egg crate type sound absorbing sponge.

Gary,
Are the inspectors really that busy? The ones I've dealt with and still do on about a monthly basis, are the normal "won't get off their fat a$$" unless they really have too types. It's going to be interesting when the economy finally hits some of the municipalities and some of these good for nothing employees start feeling the pinch.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2009 at 9:12am
[QUOTE=8122pbrainard] Roger,
The collector I've picked out is a direct drive 5HP. It's going into the utility room along with the boiler, on demand HWH, air compressor, compressed air drier and heat recovery ventilation unit for the shop. A 24" x 24" return duct with a filter grill will get the collection air back to the shop. I feel it's going to be pretty quite but I plan on lining the return duct with the egg crate type sound absorbing sponge.

Pete

I found a lot depends on how well the fan is balanced, if it doesn't come with vibro pads it sit on, it may be worth a look round where you work for some off an old machine, and yes the stick on foam works well we have two filter bag systems here because of the mdf dust we make they have a return air gate for the winter.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2009 at 10:22am
Rodger,
The cyclone I've chosen is a Oneida brand. I have a friend who has one so I've heard them run and they are quite for a collector. No vibration because they do balance there impellers. With any blower, most of the noise is from the high tip speed of the impeller so most of the noise comes out with the exhausted air but they use a backward inclined which adds to a low Db. The Oneida isn't a bag unit but rather has a large pleated canister type filter (permanent/cleanable) so I feel the filter itself provides quite a Db reduction plus they have a silencer internal of the filter.
Oneida air
On the suction side, I feel the duct work being in the attic and insulated will really knock down most of the noise from that end. It should end up being a very quiet running system.

I've got a good source for vibro mounts just in case!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2009 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Roger,
The cyclone I've chosen is a Oneida brand. I have a friend who has one so I've heard them run and they are quite for a collector. No vibration because they do balance there impellers. With any blower, most of the noise is from the high tip speed of the impeller so most of the noise comes out with the exhausted air but they use a backward inclined which adds to a low Db. The Oneida isn't a bag unit but rather has a large pleated canister type filter (permanent/cleanable) so I feel the filter itself provides quite a Db reduction plus they have a silencer internal of the filter.
Oneida air
On the suction side, I feel the duct work being in the attic and insulated will really knock down most of the noise from that end. It should end up being a very quiet running system.

I've got a good source for vibro mounts just in case!

Pete

Looks a good home set up you have there,I think the picture shows it has rubber bungs on the legs,I would be interested what you think of it when its up and running.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2009 at 5:51pm
Roger,
So you feel it's a "home" unit? The thing is 9' tall!! I don't feel 1400CFM at 6.5" of vacuum is all that bad and that's with the filter!! That's enough to run a planer, jointer and table saw at the same time. I figured the 3 pieces running just in case there would be two people in the shop at one time. (I might need a helper to push my wheel chair around!!) I'm not building a bag house here!!

The stand is optional. I'm going with the wall mount bracket that comes with it. It opens up the access to the 55 gal drum plus it's substantially built.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2009 at 6:21pm

Roger,
So you feel it's a "home" unit? The thing is 9' tall!! I don't feel 1400CFM at 6.5" of vacuum is all that bad and that's with the filter!! That's enough to run a planer, jointer and table saw at the same time. I figured the 3 pieces running just in case there would be two people in the shop at one time. (I might need a helper to push my wheel chair around!!) I'm not building a bag house here!!

The stand is optional. I'm going with the wall mount bracket that comes with it. It opens up the access to the 55 gal drum plus it's substantially built.

Pete

Believe me you can never have enough suck!! just pulling your chain its a nice bit of kit you soon get your own back working on floatation on the SN sea and fresh water so easy on the red pen and see me stickers when I post.

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2009 at 9:49pm
Glad I dont live in the cold! You guys sure spend a ton of time and dough on heating. I have a ten gallon or so propane tank. Last me about two years!

A couple of thoughts on garages from a country boy: Make it as deep as you need for the longest boat then add a few feet. Make it as wide as the wife will allow. That way you can pull things in and out easy with out having the item you need most packed in the back of the shop! Make sure the floor will drain, and tell the concrete finisher, he doesnt get paid until you flood it with the hose to check the drop.

I like one big door, rather than two doors if possible. That way you dont have to kill yourself to squeeze something in. Make sure the garage door is a high lift door if you are planing on having a car lift. That way you can have the door open when you lit a vehicle. They generally cost more b/c they need an extra panel or two. If you are puting in a floor mounted lit make sure the concrete is thick enough and the trusses are spaced properly in the area for the lift.

It will always be a foot too small no matter how big you build it!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2009 at 11:10am
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

Glad I dont live in the cold! You guys sure spend a ton of time and dough on heating. I have a ten gallon or so propane tank. Last me about two years!

Ernest,
My AC costs me more per month than my heating! I don't feel the area I live in even comes close to the AC needs of the southern areas.
Natural gas last January: $93
Electric last August: $235

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2009 at 11:29am
I'm starting to get garage envy.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2009 at 11:38am
Wow...gone 4 days for the holidays and missed out on 3 pages of garage discussion. Lots of good info to take into consideration guys. Much appreciated .

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2009 at 12:51pm
I built mine 40 x 80 x 14'tall, it has a 10x10 door for my dually and small stuff and a 12x 13'h door for the motorhome and the occasional truck. I built a mezzanine 8x80' to store motors and parts on and built the bathroom and work benches under that 8' high. Its insulated and heated and the trusses I made myself out of 2" pipe on 10 foot centers. You can hang car bodies or boats from the trusses on 10' centers. When i get the other boat done that is the plan to conserve floor space, make a winch system that will pick them up to the ceiling so I can have the floor space back.

We used to build pipe buildings back when pipe seconds were cheap. I dont have any pics of it right now but its pretty plain right now. I want to sheet the ceiling with white metal and add more insulation this winter to make it easier to heat. The neighbor has a hip roof style garage, i always wantet to built one like that and winch the bioat into the upstairs for the winter. Would take some thought on the floor system but it would be cool.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2009 at 3:37pm

A 4x6 post IN the wall is the cleanest and yes, this is when the cap plates are interrupted. If it's not in the wall then the posts being inside will actually take away from the 32' depth. You then also need to tie it to the wall someway - it needs the lateral support keeping the post plumb. If you want the beam centered in the OH door, then of course you can't put a post there!

BTW, I'm giving you all my design tricks/solutions for my up north shop that I plan to build this spring!! (that's of course if CQ gets going on converting my old fashioned pencil drawings to CAD!!!!) I've got 4 pages of specs ready for bid packages and 3 contractors lined up.

Pete, if you don't mind spilling some more secrets...I'm real interested in the 4x6 wood column and W-beam connection. I know Simpson Strong-tie makes all sorts of connectors for wood to steel beam connections, but most I find are for a wood truss sitting on a steel column.

I think the tie-in to the surrounding wall will be pretty straight forward and could be accomplished a number of different ways.

And to clear things up a bit, I do plan on having the beam in between the garage doors, this way I won't have to worry about any door clearance issues while something is hanging from the beam.

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2009 at 3:53pm
Craig,
It really doesn't take that much to secure the W beam to the 4x6. A couple of plates welded to the outside edges of the flanges so you can run a bolt through the top of the 4x6. The W14 in the recommended weight has a 5" flange width so the top of the 4x6 needs to be mortised out a 1/4" on both sides. The walls keep the posts and W beam in their place. However, don't forget the auxiliary cap plates in the eaves if the beam placement interrupts the normal wall cap plates.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2009 at 12:55am
OK, my new garage. 28'D x 32'W. I am limited by homeowners assn. Floor is 2" high density foam, foil bubble wrap stuff instead of Visqueen. Tubed, 5" slab, extra rebar through out. 2 9x9 OH doors, insulated. Scissor truss roof. 10' walls about 13'6" in the center. Ridge vented. 100a service, no running water. Wired for in ceiling speakers.

Should have done high lift doors.

Stuffing R30 in the ceiling, R13 in the walls. Level floor except the last foot by OH doors. Not too sure what Im sheetin the walls with inside yet. I was thinking OSB on all. Covered with FRP in end bay. Planning on a 4 post lift.

Pete, watch useing std pex for airline. I run about 150psi and pex has a low burst rating. I'm going to use DOT approved airline. You can find it actually quite easily, and inexpensively. Suicidedoors.com AirBagIt.com and some others. Actually Form and Function would probably have a few other places to recommend as well.
What manufacturer are you going with for tankless? I've had real good luck with all of the Takagi installs. Some of which are used solely for space heating, I go annually for maintainence on all.
I've used Triangle Tube, Buderus, and Weil McClain condensing boilers as well.
I'm putting a Navien in my house this weekend. It has an internal recirc, condensing, and PVC flue. I've only got 3 other Navien installs under my belt, but I like everything I've seen so far.
One other system we have been useing lately for additions where slab heating is being added, is the new Taco heat exchanger. It's 2 modulating pumps in a self contained little package. We only use this where we feel they already have the hot water capacity (2 water heaters). Easy to use/install and very clean looking.
You could also use an indirect water heater, fed by your boiler.

I'll stop now.
My Blue 82SOLD!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2009 at 3:34am
All you guys better start posting some pictures of these palaces...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2009 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Andy Andy wrote:

Pete, watch useing std pex for airline.

What manufacturer are you going with for tankless? I've had real good luck with all of the Takagi installs. Some of which are used solely for space heating, I go annually for maintainence on all.
I've used Triangle Tube, Buderus, and Weil McClain condensing boilers as well.
I'm putting a Navien in my house this weekend. It has an internal recirc, condensing, and PVC flue. I've only got 3 other Navien installs under my belt, but I like everything I've seen so far.
One other system we have been useing lately for additions where slab heating is being added, is the new Taco heat exchanger. It's 2 modulating pumps in a self contained little package. We only use this where we feel they already have the hot water capacity (2 water heaters). Easy to use/install and very clean looking.
You could also use an indirect water heater, fed by your boiler.

Andy,
I just abbreviated the air line tubing to "Pex". What I have chosen isn't the pipe sized type used for water/hydronic but a tube sized rated at 220 psi working pressure.

I did spec in a W/M Ultra but am looking at others too. I also what to listen to what the local heating contractors have to say. I think the Ultra has a recirc pump for the primary loop as well. I'll check it out.

With the hot water, I haven't really looked at many of the tankless brands very much. I want to hear what the contractors have to say. The side arm HWH indirect is a option I've already put in my spec sheet. For one bathroom it may be more than needed. (It's going in the house addition though!) A efficiency comparison between running the boiler all summer for the hot water and a less efficient on demand would be interesting. The tankless will be within 10' of the lav and directly behind the shower so the circ pump really isn't needed.

I'll take a look at the Taco - sounds interesting! Is it for HW or a hydronic zone loop control?

Thanks

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2009 at 9:16pm
I have been in the hvac business for 25 yrs at the end of the day simple is better , a weil Mclain boiler and indirect fired water heater will give you years of trouble free service , well water wont effect anything and it is conducive to all types of heating needs.   you could try a wall mount unit as has been advised here. but are, or can be trouble in time with wells. also if it breaks in the middle of the nite it is a much safer bet that the service guy will be able to fix the weil Mclain or burnham , or other mainstream product .
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2009 at 11:53pm
Peter,
Thanks for the input. I am on well water and in a bad area as far as high iron content. I do plan on utilizing a premix antifreeze in the hydronic heat system just in case the shop needs to be drained so well water won't affect it. The water supply will be from the house so I can drain/blow back to it's basement. Even though the water is conditioned for iron removal, sounds like what you're saying is it could still be hard on a wall mounted instant tankless domestic hot water system. What happens with them on hard water? Heat exchanger "plate out" with the high delta T? If so, guess I should lean towards the indirect.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 2:13pm
Well, the qoutes are rolling in for my shop. The BIG shocker is the cost of the closed cell spray foam I had planned on using for a super insulation system. I'm finding the cost is so high that the return on investment may not pay off for 30 years!! Also there is a diminishing return on investment the thicker you go. Comparing blown in R55 and full 2x6 fiberglass R21 in the walls to R28 spray foam wall and R56 ceiling the cost is 5 times over the glass/blown in!! 4 times the cost for spray R42 (less than the R55 blown in) ceiling. I should have known better knowing the high cost of the "pour" foam!! So, I'm back to a R55 blown in cellulous ceiling and 5.5" of glass in the walls but will now beef up the walls with insulating sheathing to about a R26. It's a traditional system but still way up there in R factor. BTW, in dollars, I'm talking roughly 5K traditional to 20K spray foam.

Peter and Andy,
Interesting that all the plumbers are stating stay away from "instant" domestic hot water. Problems with scaling even if they run on city water and with well water are a nightmare. With the hydronic heat, they are all saying/quoting indirect 30 gal tanks. The only other logical alternate and avoiding going with a high efficiency power vented gas unit would be electric. I don't want to go there - the electric rates up there are a killer!

I'm letting each sub pick the brand of boiler as long as the efficiency is around 94 or better. I figure it's best that each put in one that they are familier with and have had good success with. Two have quoted "Munchkin". I found it interesting that my BTU calculations have been confirmed. 80,000 will do the job and handle the DHW too.

Now with all the money I don't spend on the spray foam, I can go with the 300CFM HRV I want!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 2:26pm
There are a couple things i learned about insulation while remodeling my house and turning an old chicken coup into a shop.

We used spray on foam in the house, just a coating to stop drafts etc and then they filled the rest with 6" bats. Very cost effective, warm etc. The company, Momper insulation did it for less than i could buy the bats.

in the coup I tried something different and a little cheaper. The standars old gray blow in celulose style they now mix with a binder, fill the cavity and trim off the extra with a spinning paint roller looking devise. Fast, full and cheaper. we cant do either of these in the industrial buildings but it was neat to experiment with the different types.

If you can find out who most of the builders in the area used you might be able to afford a little more than you might think.

Sean

Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by 75 stang 75 stang wrote:

in the coup I tried something different and a little cheaper. The standars old gray blow in celulose style they now mix with a binder, fill the cavity and trim off the extra with a spinning paint roller looking devise. Fast, full and cheaper.
Sean

Sean,
I did quite alot of research on insulation (except the spray foam cost! ) before I even sat down with all the builders. I became familiar with the sprayed on celulose and discussed it with the contractors along with other methods. They all said the same things about it. It's less expensive but due to the binders used to hold it into the wall cavity, it doesn't have as high a R factor as fiberglass. The other thing is the vapor barrier must be extream. Heavy mil. poly and taped at all the seams. If any moisture gets in, the binder fails and it will settle. Now, there's also another method of celulose blow in for walls. A screen type mesh is placed over the cavities and the fill is then blown in. After the cavity is filled, the vapor barrier goes on. This method is also subject to settling over time.

I had really hoped for the spray foam but the cost kicks it out for a option. My hope now is the fiberglass is installed with the utmost care. There are always gaps plus obstacles like electric boxes are a PITA. Insulating sheathing makes up for some of the issues!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 6:28pm
Pete,
Agreed , fiberglass insulation is probably most cost affective...but installation is the key. I always do mine myself, no one else to blame that way. Ive seen too many jobs where a guy is just pushing the insulatuion between studs with no regard to "fluffing' it up for the max R value, or making sure it even fits the opening correctly.

Another thing...dont forget to caulk,or otherwise seal any of the holes where wiring is drilled thru plates into an unheated area,...ie attic, etc.

I have also cut 1" (or what ever thickness is needed to fill the area) blue or pink styrofoam blocks and glue to the walls immediately behind electrical boxes on exterior walls.

AND lastly dont forget....CABINETS...LOTS of CABINETS!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

AND lastly dont forget....CABINETS...LOTS of CABINETS!

Steve,
You saw the cabinets in the plans - Uppers, base and talls taking up 192 sq. ft. of wall space! Not enough? Should I fill the opposite wall up too? I know the cabinet business is on the slow side - are you trying to get some more business?    

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 12:27am
Pete,
Was it that obvious?

Actually, I think your original plans will probably do just fine!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 9:36am
That spray can foam is conductive while it's still "wet" I found out by suprise !
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 6:16pm
The contract was let out Sunday. This step number one was yesterday!!

And, the contrator does have the correct set of prints!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 6:37pm
Sweet, keep us updated, Pete.

I'm actually filing for the building permit on mine this week. It's going to be more basic (used 99% just for storage), and unfortunately mine isn't located near water, but I'm still excited for the extra space.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 8:20pm
Craig,
My general will be going in for the permit for me which is great as I really don't want to drive 300 miles to deal with the bureaucracy plus he's got all the connections!! This one will be the easy one as well. No UBC requirements and no UBC inspection process. All the county wants is a plot plan showing the location and a floor plan showing the size. They didn't even want the current survey!! They said the one (20 years old because they are a "little" behind on updating their records) on file is good enough!

When I get to the house addition then it may be a different story??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 12>
  Share Topic