NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Well, now for the questions...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
bphillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bphillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 6:48pm
I feel better now.... Well, slightly better!!

I just got shiver!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 6:54pm
Brian, Just to give you a heads up on who the gentleman is in the picture, That is Chris Quinn (Quinner) Mindless? Maybe half way!! But mindless is relative and most of us do fit in the category in some way.

You do need to meet us up at Green Lake next summer. We have people as far away as Florida come so don't worry about the distance.

Edit! I should have said trailer a boat from Florida. Brian Hall flew in from California. I don't what to leave him out!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 7:28pm
Where is Green Lake?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 7:32pm
Right about in the middle of Wisconsin. Geno, go to the Reunion forum and take a look at the pictures.

link to the thread with the most GL pictures

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 8:10pm
By the looks of all the traffic on this post today, it must have been a pretty slow day at work all around the country!!
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 8:31pm
bphillman

Should you find yourself near a boat with a boom hanging off the side. Stay way away from these guys as they are trying to learn to barefoot. They have absolutely no tolerance for waves. I was one of those guys over the summer. My footing still is not up to the lever of most of the guys on this site. Here is a pic so you know what we are talking about.

The water in the background of the above pic would be consider rough for footing.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 2:43pm
My big, or rather skinny, old hairy butt!!

You anti-tubers are being ridiculous, and I can't believe I missed this one yesterday! I must have been the only one working. But anyway, me and my whole mindless crew are coming back to GL next year and I'm bringing the BIGGEST TUBES I CAN FIND!   Let's see, it's the middle of a Sunday afternoon, the lake is full and rough as all get-out from every kind of boat mentionable. You can't ski or wake, and you damn sure can't barefoot. So sit there on the dock? I'd get out the tube and make the best of it if you or your kids need some action. Heck, you guys never heard of gladiator tubing? 3-4 guys/tubes at a time beating the bajesus(sp) out of each other until the last man's riding? We used to take two inboards and use the other just to make extra big waves for the riders. It's just another way of having fun on the water.

But please don't ever pull your tubers near where I'm skiing, as I'll fill your boat with water (but not yours of course, Brian).       

Good summation by the way, Joe.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Let's see, it's the middle of a Sunday afternoon, the lake is full and rough as all get-out from every kind of boat mentionable. You can't ski or wake, and you damn sure can't barefoot.

CQ and myself skiid to the sandbar from the far West tip of the lake on Sunday afternoon.

bphillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bphillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 3:35pm

Heck, you guys never heard of gladiator tubing? 3-4 guys/tubes at a time beating the bajesus(sp) out of each other until the last man's riding?

This is something that I did on the river over the 4th of July and I loved it. Seriously the most idiotic form of entertainment imaginable. What a hoot!

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 3:43pm
Yes we did, man was that choppy water, with the wind at our backs the further we skied the choppier it became but we made it, that had to be what HW, a 10 or 15 minute run, let us not forget the barefoot pass at the sand bar HW, Johnny, Timmy and me made in the middle of the day on Saturday Behind James' BFN as well!
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 3:57pm
I'll go ahead & agree with Reid 100% you guys are kinda being crazy about the tubes. i own 2 small, single person tubes, that we only bring out on rough days, or when i have friends up & they just want to enjoy the day @ the lake & not be pressured to learn to ski or wakeboard in front of a boatload of people, it's not my best idea of fun, but it works. And if you get the small tubes like i have, going around a corner, hitting a small roller & barrel rolling the tube a couple times always gets a good reaction from everyone on the boat when they all think there's no possible way you can still be on & then you muscle the tube over.

BUT like i said & others have said, tubes belong on windy, blown out afternoons, not glassy water @ 8 am or 9pm, thats when people really get mad.

Have fun & be respectful of others & everyone will be ok,

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
bphillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bphillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by nates78ski nates78ski wrote:

I'll go ahead & agree with Reid 100% you guys are kinda being crazy about the tubes. i own 2 small, single person tubes, that we only bring out on rough days, or when i have friends up & they just want to enjoy the day @ the lake & not be pressured to learn to ski or wakeboard in front of a boatload of people, it's not my best idea of fun, but it works. And if you get the small tubes like i have, going around a corner, hitting a small roller & barrel rolling the tube a couple times always gets a good reaction from everyone on the boat when they all think there's no possible way you can still be on & then you muscle the tube over.

BUT like i said & others have said, tubes belong on windy, blown out afternoons, not glassy water @ 8 am or 9pm, thats when people really get mad.

Have fun & be respectful of others & everyone will be ok,

Nate

I'm beginning to feel the love guys!

Thanks!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:07pm
My comment on the whole tubing thing is that kids these days seem so caught up in instant gratification and reward for activities that parents in general should encourage them to do something that may take a few tries to learn. The whole concept of "if at first you don't succeed..." can be applied with an actual sport like waterskiing and kids don't get that direct, free ticket to "fun" on the water that you get with tubing. Kids want to be entertained with zero effort today- look at the popularity of DVD players in everyone's Suburbans these days. Completely ridiculous. Mom is driving the full-size Denali through the McDonalds drive through with "Finding Nemo" playing on the DVD player in the back. Plug the kids in and forget about 'em seems to be the attitude with parents all to often these days. Kids not having fun on the boat? Give them a quick fix on the tube. Not here. As a new father I can tell you right now, my kid won't know what tubing is when the time comes for her to hit the water! Not everything is instant fun, instant gratification, and that's a lesson that should be taught early on- what better opportunity than by ditching the tube and breaking out the water skis? This is a bit preachy but keep in mind it's a sarcastic rant more than anything else.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Aemmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:11pm

8 AM...... We need to get out there at sunrise during the summer. Smooth water and then the rush to work. Of course I have heard rumors things smooth out about 9 after everyone else has gone to work.    
88 2001
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

My comment on the whole tubing thing is that kids these days seem so caught up in instant gratification and reward for activities that parents in general should encourage them to do something that may take a few tries to learn. The whole concept of "if at first you don't succeed..." can be applied with an actual sport like waterskiing and kids don't get that direct, free ticket to "fun" on the water that you get with tubing. Kids want to be entertained with zero effort today- look at the popularity of DVD players in everyone's Suburbans these days. Completely ridiculous. Mom is driving the full-size Denali through the McDonalds drive through with "Finding Nemo" playing on the DVD player in the back. Plug the kids in and forget about 'em seems to be the attitude with parents all to often these days. Kids not having fun on the boat? Give them a quick fix on the tube. Not here. As a new father I can tell you right now, my kid won't know what tubing is when the time comes for her to hit the water! Not everything is instant fun, instant gratification, and that's a lesson that should be taught early on- what better opportunity than by ditching the tube and breaking out the water skis? This is a bit preachy but keep in mind it's a sarcastic rant more than anything else.

Joel is my new hero of the week. Well put!!

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
bphillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bphillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:19pm

Well, as a father of 5, all teens. I'll make a broad statement. Cross that bridge when you come to it. Its amazing how things turn ot considerably different than you intended as a new father. Why? Because unlessyou live in a bubble, you cant control outside influences. There are alot more people involved in rearing your child than you. And you may find (lord, I hope you don't) that you and your wife (or their mom, I dont want to assume anything) will grow to have differing opinions of right/wrong when they get older. Its easy when they are young and the biggest issue is keeping them out of traffic or their fingers out of light sockets, you and moma will agree on thatfr sure, but when they get older and have opinions you may find that soapbox abit more difficult to stand on. I dont think its a "Kids these days" sort of thing. Kids have been the same for generations, its the outside influences that are different.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Let's see, it's the middle of a Sunday afternoon, the lake is full and rough as all get-out from every kind of boat mentionable. You can't ski or wake, and you damn sure can't barefoot.

CQ and myself skiid to the sandbar from the far West tip of the lake on Sunday afternoon.

Oh that looks like some serious, heavy skill-set skiing there to me. HW, are you starting on TWO skis!? And then were you vying for the straightest line competition in that second shot? Not impressed at all, and no point made. You'd have looked better riding tandem on a big bertha.

EDIT: Tubes weren't invented in the age of the DVD or video games. They've been around forever. Pete, nor myself for that matter enjoyed having the 4" long metal valve stem from a real tractor tube scratching you in the ribs.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:22pm
Ok so there are only 4 of us in the "no f*cking tubes on my boat" club (Pete, Joel, Alan, Kevin)? I admit I have in the past but am a born again skier.

Edit: Yeah I can't get up an a slalom so what? Atleast I'm trying to PROGRESS in the sport.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:31pm

Ok so there are only 4 of us in the "no f*cking tubes on my boat" club (Pete, Joel, Alan, Kevin)? I admit I have in the past but am a born again skier.

For me, I should clarify that it's the parents putting little kids on the tubes that drives me nuts. Kids under, let's say 10-12 years of age. Besides the instant gratification angle (which, I believe, I've covered), it can be dangerous. The kids have no control of where the tube is going and often times they are tubing in an overcrowded area. The parents also rarely know what's going on, driving while standing up and looking backwards! My wife knocked her cousin unconscious when their heads collided on one of those torpedo tubes. The cousin was face-down in the water, but made it through OK in the end. Another thing is the parents who have the 2 year old on the tube, idling in no-wake zones or around marinas, bridges, and docks as if the tube is some kind of custom seat for the kid all day. Bring the damn kid in the boat and put the tube away for god's sake. The kid can go for a 1mph ride on the tube in a swimming pool next time.

Adults or teens tubing is less annoying to me conceptually (unless it's messing up good water) because let's assume they already know how to ski and are just screwing around and having fun. That to me is more realistic and acceptable than having the little youngsters on the tube. I've had some hilarious times as a teen on a tube, but I never even rode one until I was almost out of highschool. Heck, I bet if I rode a tube today (again, not that I would) it would be a riot. I did actually seriously consider getting one of those flying tubes before they were banned. That looked like a good time and the videos always made me laugh.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:31pm

I admit I have in the past but am a born again skier.

We foot, slalom, "show ski", wakeboard, wakeskate, trick, and occasionally break out the tubes.

I hate tubing as much as anybody, but Nate is right on about having unskilled guests along. I have a bunch of friends who only venture to the lake once a summer that have no interest in learning a new skill on the water. Theyd rather drink a beer and get dragged behind the boat, so thats usually when theyre broken out.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:35pm
I didn't write that, and even if I did I just said my tubing days are OVER. PLBC is the one that submitted the Diary entry.

Owner: Kurt Fleischmann
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by bphillman bphillman wrote:

Well, as a father of 5, all teens. I'll make a broad statement. Cross that bridge when you come to it. Its amazing how things turn ot considerably different than you intended as a new father. Why? Because unlessyou live in a bubble, you cant control outside influences. There are alot more people involved in rearing your child than you. And you may find (lord, I hope you don't) that you and your wife (or their mom, I dont want to assume anything) will grow to have differing opinions of right/wrong when they get older. Its easy when they are young and the biggest issue is keeping them out of traffic or their fingers out of light sockets, you and moma will agree on thatfr sure, but when they get older and have opinions you may find that soapbox abit more difficult to stand on. I dont think its a "Kids these days" sort of thing. Kids have been the same for generations, its the outside influences that are different.

This is exactly right.. Joel, your day will come... And the little one(s) (don't know if you're having any more) will have things available to them and to adults that will make our headliner DVD look like childs play, no pun intended.. I drove to South Dakota to take a camping vacation with my family and without the DVD player, I would have jumped out of the truck before getting to Minn....
Moderation of lifes conveniences and technologies is not going to "stunt" your kid's desire to hit the water and ski.. Some kids hate water, then where are ya??? We've all said the same thing.. Hope it works for ya, but it's nearly impossible to stop these "influences" as Brian has pointed out...

Just my 2-cents..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:42pm

I didn't write that, and even if I did I just said my tubing days are OVER. PLBC is the one that submitted the Diary entry.

Owner: Kurt Fleischmann

My bad, I assumed that the collective "we" in the listing would include the other co-owner.

Congratulations on your rebirth
bphillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bphillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:47pm
You guys realize that this is nowhere near my initial topic.. I do love a good debate however. Makes me wish more people were playing!
east tx skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:49pm
From one new Nautique owner to another, welcome. Sorry I'm late with that. I know we've moved on to tubing, but I figured I'd respond to a couple of your original questions before tossing my measly $.02 down the well.

Backing Up. You think you've got it bad. Try spending several years behind an inboard that backs to the right and then buying one that backs to the left. I have one person who swears to me that he can back a Nautique straight as an arrow, but so far, I have to do the old reliable bump forward to correct. That is, when you put it in reverse, the transom will swing to port. Turn your wheel to the left and ocassionally bump the throttle into forward gear to bring the nose back to the left. When picking people up at the dock, we just back it in and let them hop on the platform. If you are docked sideways, to pull away, we always just pushed the boat away a bit and then reversed (assuming you're docked on the driver's side). In our old MC, you bumped the nose toward the dock just slightly, then reversed (because the transom would swing toward the dock). But with your boat, if you can get the nose away from the dock, you can just reverse away as the rh rotation will pull the transom away from the dock.

Two Speedos. My understanding is that two speedos is a throwback to the days before speed control in water ski tournaments. That way, if you lose one, the judge has a backup to determine speed. In older boats, the perfect pass gauge replaces a speedometer. Do the newer boats still have dual speedos plus a perfect pass gauge?

Tubing. What can I say? I don't like it either. Apart from and to pile onto the reasons mentioned, our two biggest reasons we don't is (1) no control surfaces on a tube (I don't count the riders feet). We had a girl die on a lake we frequent when her dad swung her into a channel marker by accident. She had no control. (2) We've found that kids who start off tubing seem less likely (in our experience) to transition to skiing (or boarding or anything else). Our little boy rides an old Zip Sled/Bob Sked that we picked up the summer before last. They are hard to find, but they are out there. You can sit on them, kneel on them, or stand on them. They float and are loads of fun. Our two year old loves it (although his mother or I are dragging behind him at slow speeds at this age).

Good luck with your new boat. You're going to love it!
1998 Ski Nautique (Red & Silver Cloud); GT-40; Perfect Pass Stargazer; Acme 422.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Originally posted by bphillman bphillman wrote:

This is exactly right.. Joel, your day will come... And the little one(s) (don't know if you're having any more) will have things available to them and to adults that will make our headliner DVD look like childs play, no pun intended.. I drove to South Dakota to take a camping vacation with my family and without the DVD player, I would have jumped out of the truck before getting to Minn....
Moderation of lifes conveniences and technologies is not going to "stunt" your kid's desire to hit the water and ski.. Some kids hate water, then where are ya??? We've all said the same thing.. Hope it works for ya, but it's nearly impossible to stop these "influences" as Brian has pointed out...

Just my 2-cents..

Moj'

I'll give you that the DVD player would be nice for road trips, but that's it. I'll make the statement right now, to be archived into eternity on the internet that:

1) My kid will never be watching a video in the car during any errand or day-to-day driving around town.

2) My kid will learn how to water ski, assuming she wants to and assuming she likes water and boating, BEFORE she will "learn" to tube. If she doesn't like water skiing or the water, that's fine. She won't be pushed into liking it but she WILL learn how to swim no matter what. Other parents will not be allowed to pull her tubing on their boats, under any circumstances.

and, just for kicks, enjoy this one-

3) My kid will not be familiar with the McDonald's or any other fast food drive-thru, ever. If anything, it will be a rare, once in a while treat. If my child actually has a collection of toys from fast food happy meals, I'll feel that I have failed as a parent
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

bphillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bphillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 5:58pm
I wish you and yours the best. I'm pulling for you!
east tx skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 6:08pm

and, just for kicks, enjoy this one-

3) My kid will not be familiar with the McDonald's or any other fast food drive-thru, ever. If anything, it will be a rare, once in a while treat. If my child actually has a collection of toys from fast food happy meals, I'll feel that I have failed as a parent

It's absolutely unbelievable. I think I've been to McDonald's twice with my son over his life and he can spot that place from three miles down the road and over the hill. Each time he starts calling out "Donalds!" I find myself giving the same explanation. "Yes, that's McDonalds, but that's not something we are going to eat on a regular basis because it's not healthy." Not to say that everything my son eats is healthy. He's picky. We're working on it. But how he can spot McDonalds or knows what it is amazes me. On the DVR, I even fast forward through the commercials that precede Sesame Street.
1998 Ski Nautique (Red & Silver Cloud); GT-40; Perfect Pass Stargazer; Acme 422.

bphillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bphillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 6:09pm
I think this is also a regional conversation as well. I live on Orange County, CA. All the soccer moms with SUV's decked out with the latest in AV equipment dominate the roadways. Both parents tend to ether have jobs or dad is work-ahaulic and mom is out maintaining what god and her plastic surgeon gave her. If your kids live in an area with this influence then 2 things will occur. 1) McDonalds will be considered dinner as everyone will be too busy and 2) TV's, DVD's, Computers and Video games systems will either be in your vehicle, or the vehicles your kids rides in for carpool or visiting with friends.

I remember with my first kid, pacifier dropped on the floor, it was thrown out and a new one purcased, second kid it was cleaned and possibly boiled and given back to her, by last one it was immediately stuck back in her mouth unless something wasn't stuck to it, in which case it was cleaned off as best as possible. Guess what? They all lived and I love them all. They are as lazy as I was when I was their age. They would rather sleep than wake up, They ride motorcycles and quads, participte in school sports and make me very, very proud. Yours will to.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2007 at 6:16pm

1) My kid will never be watching a video in the car during any errand or day-to-day driving around town.

Joel, I'm with you almost on this one except that I'm not sure the DVD is our enemy, but moreso what's being watched on it. A quiet and content child in a car I feel is safer for everyone, but attempt to occupy them with a learning experience. What makes my skin crawl is the non-educational viewing that's had an profound impact on keeping a younger generation glued to a screen indoors (or wherever) with no redeming value whatsoever; instead of being outdoors learning to ski, or anything else recreational or mind expanding.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic