NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Special Edition 196

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 18>
Author
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 10:30pm
the 2009 grafics (wich are 80s styled) and the stripe looks good, also a chromed correct craft logo on the rear quarter...

I dont want to be a bighead but was the old style grafics on the sides my idea????
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 10:49pm
i agree. I would be willing to donate some money to make sure Keith would get the boat.

I have never met Keith personally, but have nothing but respect for him and this site.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 11:27pm
I don't know if we can get there, but he is now $25 closer.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 1:00am
My $20 will be on the way tomorrow.

Very cool boat, needs a good home.

Hope to see it someday.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 1:54am
Keith,
How about graphics like my 68 "nauta-cuda"?? I'd be happy to make a pattern, I even have some house trim paint left ..

Actually... All I can say is WOW!!!!!

Love the blue deck stripe. Sounds like I'm in the minority but I like the 76 SN graphics-definately brings a little old into the mix... the whole idea of the project.

If the 09 graphics are used, what sets it apart from all the other 196's?   Either way, it needs to have a SN logo.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 2:58am
Given that the interior is now final, how about this for the exterior:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 3:51am
I like the blue outline and stripe, but I'd go with black lettering. To me, the white looks washed out against the orange.

Otherwise, I'd consider this done!
dsums View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 3:51am
I think this one nailed the look for the side graphics. Having this logo in white with the blue shadowing really sets it off. I also like the boot stripe. Now what about the transom graphics.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 4:26am
I don't like the boot stripe on the modern boat. Just my personal opinion. BKH
Livin' the Dream

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 4:36am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

I don't like the boot stripe on the modern boat. Just my personal opinion. BKH

I dont know, I would drive it. I think the interior with the blue stripe is top notch. There are half a million cool ways to go with the side, half of me wants stangs no nonsense big black ski nautique on it, the other half is all about recoginizing how much the new boats are spectacular as well and making a modern boat that will surely be a classic later if not immediately. Just for prudence I would not like to see anything that wraps around from the side to back, its almost impossible to keep something vinyl on the back corner in good shape
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 10:12am
keith,
could you post a picture with the black nautique and blue outline?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 11:20am
I like the boot stripe in blue and Ski Nautique in blue also ( I do like the white with blue outline). The site's colors are orange a blue not orange, black, and blue. I see black and orange as Harley Davidson. I think we'd want to set ourselves different from them.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 11:20am
I like the blue/white lettering & blue boot stripe. Might look good without the boot stripe as well.
Greg

86 BFN
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 11:28am
I really like the 76 graphics but must be the same blue as stripe on the deck. I think it reflects what this site is all about.

And I like how it breaks up the single colour hull. The boot stripping on this design continues the stripe theme from the deck so it is not a mismatch of designs.

As a second choice if a more modern look was the desired option. The 09d would be my choice.   

Keith blue lettering with white shadow maybe a nice variation with this design?
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 11:45am
I agree with BKH. I personally don't like the boot stripe. It just doesn't look right to me.

The blue shadowed graphics look great though. Instead of black/blue shadow or white/blue shadow for the SN graphics, I'm thinking maybe have chrome/blue shadow just for the SKI NAUTIQUE and then Blue for the rest of the graphics. That could be very cool.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 11:59am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

If the 09 graphics are used, what sets it apart from all the other 196's?   Either way, it needs to have a SN logo.

We don't want to alter the look of the exterior of the boat too drastically. We want the new owner to have good resale possibilities with the boat as well- anybody remember the "Body Glove" edition SN? I feel sorry for anybody trying to sell one of those!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Given that the interior is now final, how about this for the exterior:

-Keith

Keith,
This looks great, just remove the boot stripe and you have a winner color combo in my book. Subtle, clean, classic.....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 12:42pm
On the 09 optional graphics, where do you put the CCF logo?

Still like the 76 SN all the way...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 12:44pm

On the 09 optional graphics, where do you put the CCF logo?

Still like the 76 SN all the way...

No edit option on these posts.. now I see the CCF logo under the SN graphic... kinda gets lost there?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 1:27pm
Hey Guys,
I really think this design looks good. It combines the old and new.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 1:31pm
Greg

86 BFN
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 1:34pm
I like this combo, but I'm only one vote, and I dont' intend to buy the boat. There are 4000 other members of the site. Where's the votes. BKH
Livin' the Dream

KennyA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 1:40pm
Awesome idea, awesome boat.

Vote: 76 SN Graphics.

Also, Keith should get the boat. I'm gonna help get him just a little closer. If it weren't for this site I wouldn't own my boat.
Kenny <>{
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 1:55pm
I still like the boot stripe- I think it would look great. If the new owner doesnt like it, its easy to remove.

Im still not a fan of the blue with the orange, but using it minimally doesnt look too bad.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 1:56pm
Keith,
That does look (76)nice and clean(76)..Ultimately any (76)of these will (76)look pretty good(76)...The downside I see(76) is the CCF logo will (76)just about be in the water(76)?

(i think I'm still losing?)
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 2:10pm
Wait until stang72 gets in here. Remember when is boat was white?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 2:11pm
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 2:19pm

With the black windshield I think black graphics will look better. Will the rubrail be all black as well?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 2:25pm

The downside I see is the CCF logo will just about be in the water?

I dont think so- the boat-builder representation isnt exactly perfect. Plus, the platforms are now mounted pretty high.

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I still like the boot stripe- I think it would look great. If the new owner doesnt like it, its easy to remove.

But think of all that work I am going to have to do at the 2045 ccfan reunion wetsanding the gel coat trying to make the rest of the boat look like the color under the newly removed boot stripe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 18>
  Share Topic