NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT mini reunion: Aug 24-26, 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 7>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

They are thinking about doing 2 shots at the same time....:)

Yeah, I think it's what wakeboarders call a "double-up."
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 2:57pm
Halfway through Saturday and no pics of the morning runs?
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2012 at 12:43am
You guys make me sick. All that fun and I am not there. IAughtNaut filled me in on some of the details. Too much fun!!!! I would like to be counted in Next year. Would a 1947 birthdate qualify me for the Senior barefoot group. I think this sounds like what a gathering of "ski boys" and their toys should be about.

Need pictures to prove my sons claims of a "
great" gathering.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2012 at 10:32am
Morning guys! Lots of skiing still going on as some of the footers are getting ready to hit the glass this morning. Its been a great weekend thus far. We tried to get 11 skiers up behind Joe's 83 at dusk last night but we were too much for even Joe's boat. PicturePat has the evidence as he was in the boat. In the end only 6 got up but it was fun trying. Reid was king of the hill as he was last man standing by the time they headed back. LOTS of pics have been taken but y'all will just have to wait till we get to some computers and upload them. The Benjamin Klan has gone more than above and beyond in making sure everyone is being taken care off. They're absolutely fantastic folks!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 12:43am
I was tough to leave today. Awesome weekend. Couldn't have asked for nicer weather, a better time or more gracious hosts.

Here is the 7 person trick start:
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 10:19am
WOW - what a great weekend! Cheney and I had a blast!

Thanks a million to the fantastic hosts- the Benjamins- you guys went all out for this one!

Was great to see everyone again and meet new fans too.

We've got a lot of photos to process and post soon.

Hope everyone had a safe trip home- especially those of you traveling long distances.

-Brad

btw- for those of you wondering, I was the submarine in that mega trick line.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 10:20am
When I awoke this morning on quiet lake Benjamin,
All of the skiers have done headed in.
There's no morning foot run, no rumble of boats,
And somewhere Hollywood's probably wearing his own clothes.

Morfoot was here with his man-friend Reid P,
A couple of Marses with a girl named Zoey.
A couple of Toms, and good old Chris Quinn,
Not to mention a whole slew of Benjamins.

Joe in everywhere made the drive,
As if anyone's surprised.
Late friday nigh a barracuda was sighted,
And when he pulled out the new orange shot ski the crowd was delighted.

There was surfing and a ski from the sky,
And several rookies found something new to try.
Trick skis surged back into popularity,
And as the sun went down some fool ended up on a parasail (that'd be me).

In the end good times were had by all,
We all skied, drank some beer, and enjoyed some good falls.
I'll be back next year with my dad, with any luck,
But as we start to clean up the yard all I can think is, going back to work is gonna suck.

A big old thank you to Tim, Greg, and Todd for hosting all us fools, and to all the fans who came out and played, you guys are awesome. It was a great weekend, and if (or should I say when this happens again next year, anybody withing flying distance should make the trip. Time to get my bird back on the trailer and hit the road. Deen out.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 1:20pm
Wow, what a great weekend! Thanks to everyone for coming out- what an incredible group of people... too much fun. We wrung the weekend out for all it was worth, and then some!

Safe travels to those who are hauling back to points west and south today. I'm dragging at work, but it was totally worth it. Cant wait to do it again!

I have a few pictures, but theyre low quality and a few arent quite PG rated... so I'll defer to the pro's (Pat and Tim)... this event was very well documented. A+++ all around!

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

When I awoke this morning on quiet lake Benjamin,
All of the skiers have done headed in.
There's no morning foot run, no rumble of boats,
And somewhere Hollywood's probably wearing his own clothes.

Morfoot was here with his man-friend Reid P,
A couple of Marses with a girl named Zoey.
A couple of Toms, and good old Chris Quinn,
Not to mention a whole slew of Benjamins.

Joe in everywhere made the drive,
As if anyone's surprised.
Late friday nigh a barracuda was sighted,
And when he pulled out the new orange shot ski the crowd was delighted.

There was surfing and a ski from the sky,
And several rookies found something new to try.
Trick skis surged back into popularity,
And as the sun went down some fool ended up on a parasail (that'd be me).

In the end good times were had by all,
We all skied, drank some beer, and enjoyed some good falls.
I'll be back next year with my dad, with any luck,
But as we start to clean up the yard all I can think is, going back to work is gonna suck.

A big old thank you to Tim, Greg, and Todd for hosting all us fools, and to all the fans who came out and played, you guys are awesome. It was a great weekend, and if (or should I say when this happens again next year, anybody withing flying distance should make the trip. Time to get my bird back on the trailer and hit the road. Deen out.

nice poetry! someone should put music to this words!
Can´t wait for the pictures!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 2:49pm
Did the Seniors Division get their line behind the Classic? How many Classics made it there? Photos?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 3:47pm
There were definitely rumors flying around about some barefooting that occurred behind the Plastic Classic... though I wasnt up early enough on Sat to see it myself. I would imagine theres probably some photographic evidence somewhere... The PC was the only Classic in attendance, but it was worth the price of admission alone- that thing is clean!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 4:11pm
I'll do a final recap from my point of view later but first.....

THE BOAT'S of "BENJAMIN LAKE"

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 11:57pm
Ok fans, the Ohio boy made it home in one piece...for all of you that asked, the timer on the truck said 9:35, I left lake benjamin right around 9:30 this morning and unhooked my boat about 7:30 tonight...for the amount of fun I had this weekend I'd say that's not too bad.

I can't thank you all enough for this weekend, it was a truly awesome experience being around so many great boats and good people. I've been to 4 CCF events this summer and this one surpassed them all. Looking forward to an even better time next time around...although I don't know how. I've not been disappointed yet, the bar is set.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 12:02am
I grew up in CT boating on Candlewood, Zoar, and the Sound. Doesn't look like anywhere i've been, what & where lake is this?
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 1:12am
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

I grew up in CT boating on Candlewood, Zoar, and the Sound. Doesn't look like anywhere i've been, what & where lake is this?

83Ski
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 1:33am
Originally posted by dwcar dwcar wrote:

Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

Thanks. In our youth we used to skip school and ski Mohawk Mountain, had we known there was such a nice lake 10 miles down the road we could've turned it into a multi-season "destination".....
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Did the Seniors Division get their line behind the Classic? How many Classics made it there? Photos?

Larry, only Todd's PC was there, which is an awesome boat BTW.

The PC pulled several footers throughout the W/E, and Todd and I did a handful of double runs behind it which happened to have an empty rope in tow as you suggested, lol, when the 3rd took a head banger.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 2:14pm
Thanks to the entire Benjamin crew for a really great time, everyone skied like crazy and ate like kings throughout the W/E. As always, great catching up with the familiar faces and also adding some new ones to the list.

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 2:31pm
"THE SKIING"

Here's the 3 Man Barefoot attempt behind the classic. 2 out of 3 got up.

Eric Svenson doing some boarding behind Joe's 83

My Turn!

Joe's game face is ON!

3 guys on tricks Joe, Pat, and Eric! Reid following close behind in the Plastic Classic.

Being the responsible CCFans that we are we ALL know that you shouldn't drink and drive but nothing says the skiers can't! (Eric, Adam & Chris)

Reid going for a run behind the promo!

Me going for the "Retro" run using an old woodie for a ski and a Cypress Gardens skibelt, behind the Promo. Man what a weird feeling and WHOLE new respect for Pro's who ran the course at short lengths. THAT took Talent.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 3:30pm
Indeed it was a great time, just too short as usual. Morfoot and I cruised up and hit Quinner's family cabin first at beautiful Candlewood lake on Thursday morning after driving all night. Chris treated us to a nice sightseeing trip around the lake. Then we hit the road around 6pm for the 45 min ride up to the Benjamin's and arrived in time for a little lake enjoyment and one of the great many delicious meals served served over the weekend. Tim and I took off Sunday afternoon for home around 3:30 and then drove all night AGAIN in order to have him at the airport in Charlotte at 4:30 yesterday morning. Tim flew into ATL and went straight into work there at the airport while i took my tired butt to the house and slept til noon. But the trip was worth every minute of it.

Highlights for me naturally included some epic boat and surprising performance displays such as:
*Tim's Barefoot being cranked back up again for the first time and then pulling off the fastest ever CCFan "confirmed" speed of the 62.8 shown above. The exhaust resembles a top fuel dragster rumbling away from the dock, and at full song sounds like nothing the ski boat world has ever heard before.
*Uncle Todd's recently rebuilt and hopped up 302-powered SkiTique (Tim's restoration job and former boat), which started out with a respectable 53.9 with a 40yr old prop, then jumped to 55.4 with a new Acme 1210, and then finally to satisfy everyone's curiousity, we slipped on a stainless TWO BLADE 11.5x15" racing prop Tim had found on line, and low and behold after the inherient crazy out-of-hole vibration transitioned into a firm bite, it went 56.4mph, and somewhat resembled a Jersey Speed Skiff by spending as much time out of the water as in it. You couldn't slap the grin off my face. I believe Morfoot has video of that run to post later.
*The GT-40 Powered Classic of Uncle Todd's. It's like driving a 50 yr old boat that somehow just rolled off the assembly line this year. Just hit the key and that fuel injected beauty fires right up and with the low end torque and throttle response that made the GT-40's what they were. Tons of attitude.
*Chris Mars' 72 Promo (new to him) with the 318 Chrysler. Wow, what a pleasant surprise! That thing really hauls the mail and it saw a fair share of the ski tow duty.     

Again, thanks to the Benjamin family for their incredibly hospitality. I've already got it on my calender for the same time next year.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 3:50pm
Great weekend wish I could do this more than once a year. The fun didn't stop with the ride home, more specifically booby's swerving through Indiana.
87MCProstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87MCProstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 4:24pm
This is my second time around hanging with you guys, and I had a blast! Tim, Greg, and Todd thanks for the hospitality, couldn't ask for better hosts. Having this weekend come around every year may make me switch brands
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 6:42pm
I’m spent! need a few days to recover from just one day!

You guys are badazz; to travel, sleep on the ground, foot, ski, party, sleep on the ground, then rinse & repeat the next day!

All the Benjamin’s, you are fantastic hosts, thank you!

To everyone I had the pleasure to meet, it was great to see you and if I missed you my regrets and I’ll find you next one.
Thanks for a welcome as if we did this every weekend.

Joe thanks for the welcome and accelerating introductions for me, it was great to hang as you caught me up on everyone and their wessels.
Your boat is amazing!

Brian, Adam , Phil good times!

It was a thrill to get yanked by the orange crush, fantastic driving Eric! I looked up a few times, seemed you and Ben thought it a riot too!
That was my first pull on anything newer than ’96!

Tim, Greg Brad those two barefoot runs were insane, good times!
When I heard the top-fuel BFN brapp into the secondaries just as I was planting, I just said to myself -just keep walking toward the light…push though the buffeting…

Where's the advil...
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 6:54pm
Laurie and Tony need mention for all the work they did with the food, which I'm sure a lot of others helped on too. The aluminum sandwiches were delicious.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Laurie and Tony need mention for all the work they did with the food, which I'm sure a lot of others helped on too. The aluminum sandwiches were delicious.

+1

A huge amount of planning, cooking, cleaning, and putting up with me gumming up the works in thier kitchen on occasion. They don't spend a lot of time on the boats so they are easy to miss but they were getting it done.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

+1

A huge amount of planning, cooking, cleaning, and putting up with me gumming up the works in thier kitchen on occasion. They don't spend a lot of time on the boats so they are easy to miss but they were getting it done.

+2... they did a lot of behind the scenes work while I was busy drinking beer! So did Dad.

I know they got a few rides in, and quite possibly the scariest one of them all. That Ski Tique bow steering episode had disaster written all over it! Thank god there was some real estate over there.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

+1

+2... they did a lot of behind the scenes work while I was busy drinking beer! So did Dad.

I know they got a few rides in, and quite possibly the scariest one of them all. That Ski Tique bow steering episode had disaster written all over it! Thank god there was some real estate over there.

+3

I didn't realize that regular meals were going to be put together like that. Unexpected and totally appreciated. Especially with the number of people there, that was no small task.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 10:50pm
The CCFAN'S, Places, and Things"

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 11:09pm
Continued

"Just go grab one!"

Juuuuuuuuuust a little overloaded for surfing!

What? A ride in a Correct Craft......I wanna go!

Me Too!

A little paddleboarding never hurt anybody...

Not a bad way to finish off the day I say....

Chris Mars..... I think she's a keeper!

CCFans...it don't get much better than this to end a busy day!

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

*Uncle Todd's recently rebuilt and hopped up 302-powered SkiTique (Tim's restoration job and former boat), which started out with a respectable 53.9 with a 40yr old prop, then jumped to 55.4 with a new Acme 1210, and then finally to satisfy everyone's curiousity, we slipped on a stainless TWO BLADE 11.5x15" racing prop Tim had found on line, and low and behold after the inherient crazy out-of-hole vibration transitioned into a firm bite, it went 56.4mph, and somewhat resembled a Jersey Speed Skiff by spending as much time out of the water as in it. You couldn't slap the grin off my face. I believe Morfoot has video of that run to post later.

Nuff said and MAN what a ride. Thanks for letting me tag along Uncle Todd! Sorry bout the fingers in the shot. I was using my android phone and didn't wanna loose it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic