NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Down Yonder on the Chattahoochee

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 9>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

And the cat will be visiting his grandmother!

Greg, Are you sure that the cat won't be meeting it's maker?

He might if I don't send him to granny's.   

Thanks for the contribution Tim!

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 4:08pm
hmm all these responses to this mini get together is adding up more then the northeast reunion topic. Why not just reschedule it and caravan up to Lake George, NY. Most of you guys went to Green Lake which is farther then NY I would think. We need some representing from the Southeast.

my 2 cents

Phil
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 4:30pm
Phil,
I would like nothing more, but I can only go for a weekend.
Lake George is a bit far for that short of a period of time.
I went with Reid for a weekend trip last year and it was more than I expected.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 4:34pm
Phil, I gotta agree with Critter on this one minus a trip with Reid (might have to add thatone to my bucket list). I can get to "the Hooch" in about an hours drive as I have plans Sat morn and back to work on Mon. Takes time and $$ to make a trip that far which I don't have.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 4:51pm
I agree with you guys, and its great you guys are getting together down there. I wish I could make it too, I only get 10 days of vacation per year sucks, I already used 8 for my family vacation and snowmobile trips in the winter. So I know what you guys mean about time limiting.

It was just trying to get some hype for the northeast thread as everytime i log on to CCF I see a post hiding the Reunion post

Thanks
Phil
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 4:56pm
I think I can speak for allot of us in that we wished we all could be there. We aren't trying to take anything away from the LG reunion. You guy's just need to move closer to warmer temps and warmer water in Sept!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 5:05pm
[QUOTE=Morfoot]

I know a few won't be there and we won't be feeding the locals but still need a head count so we know how much we need. QUOTE]

Guess I'll bring me a bologna sandwich!
Greg

86 BFN
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 5:23pm
Your full of bologna anyway!
Mrs.Buffalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Buffalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 5:29pm
LOL
Poobah/Poobie's wife not a newbie.

Boating wives are made from fabric tougher than Kevlar, Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 5:43pm
Alright guys I have been a little quiet on here, internet issues at the house have kept me from getting the time to book a ticket and make things happen, but the lights are blinking again so the wheels have now turned and I am booked. Flight arrives 9pm on Friday so I will be in probably about when critter and crew arrive, Greg and Amy I very much appreciate the offer to stay over, I threw a few airline miles at a rental car so with an address I should be able to get myself to your place to stay Friday night through Sunday about dark. I am flying out Monday at 6am so I reserved a room next door to the airport for sunday night.

I am all in favor of throwing money at a problem rather than putting the hosts through more work than necessary. So whatever the meal plans either put me to work or let me know where to contribute.

Looking forward to the trip, August has been a lost month for me and the watersports, sprained foot, two extended work trips, and questionable weather have taken thier toll. This trip should help me extend to a reasonable september and hopefully salvage the season, we will see if jbear can get me up on my barefeet for the first time in 10 years and if Tim can get me upside down on a wakeboard (I dont plan to land and tell the tale but mostway around would be nice).
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 5:59pm
Sounds perfect Joe. We would've let you stay Sunday night, but I do understand being close to the airport. The airport is right at 1:15 from here. The time you're flight arrives puts you well past traffic and it's almost all interstate. We're 5 minutes off of I-985.

For the record-I would rather can this whole thing and buy Joe's air fare than have anyone upset with us. I think this got rolling becase we can't get to LG for some reason.
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

I know a few won't be there and we won't be feeding the locals but still need a head count so we know how much we need.

Guess I'll bring me a bologna sandwich!

Wow! That hurt Greg.   I guess I should have communicated that one a little better. I meant for those folks who are just around the corner who LIVE on the lake but if there is a need we will satisfy.

Joe, You got a deal. I'll drag you round all day as long as you can stand it!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 9:34pm
Amy said my last post didn't come across as intended. What I was trying to say, and did a poor job of, is that I have the utmost respect for CCFan. Shoe leather for dinner again.     
1988 BFN-sold

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 12:49am

Lake Lanier Roster

Name     Mobile #    Arrival Time   Location

Greg      Skicat             770-355-2047    Already Here   My place
Greg&Amy Buffalos     678-316-4438    Already Here   My Place
Tim Morfoot               770-316-6963    Sat Aft/eve     Greg&Amy's
John&Patti jbear          863-604-3237    Sat. 3am!      Greg&Amy's
Jim & Robin     Jimsport93     404 375 4625   Sat AM    My Place
Roger&Cathie      Critter                           Fri PM       Motorhome
Lurkers&Friends        # unknown      Already Here      Their Place
Tom & Karen     kytom2   606-584-0859 late Fri.        Skicats

Boats:

Skicat-1 or 2
Morfoot-1
Jimsport-1
Buffalo-1
Critter-1
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 12:49am
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

Your full of bologna anyway!

I love seein' 2 guys that really like each other and get along so well after sharing so much over the years.

Actually I like bologna sandwiches...Grandma K. used to fry it up, put it on white bread with mustard. Yummm...remember Bill? So if bologna is on the menu maybe me and Patti will have to stay a little later on Sunday.Had planned to be on the road by noon.

Is "Joe the yankee" same as "JoeinNY"?...hope so...that'd be sweet!

Buffalo; Just noticed Mrs. Buffalo's sig like...love it...so true. When I think of all the hours Patti has spent in the boat for me...and asking nothing except for a bimini top. Gotta love 'em.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 12:50am
Forgot to ask Skicat can we can stay with you and Kathy?
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 12:59am
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

Forgot to ask Skicat can we can stay with you and Kathy?

Your not bringing Karen are you?
Greg

86 BFN
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 1:01am
Shes the one pushing to come.I guess shes missed seeing your smiling face.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 1:23am
Tom and Karen, we're glad you'll be able to make the trip!

1988 BFN-sold

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:02am

So now I know were all people are going instead of LG09....

Thank's to Greg.

Just kidding guy's

This is how the site brings people together and thanks to Keith for that to happen..

Let's all have fun before the summer goes by again !!!!!

Dave
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:05am
Right you are Ifskizzer.....we sure don't wanna take anything away from the great time being planned for Lake George.
Especially with the great honor of Mr. Ralph joining you guys there. Patti and I have had the pleasure of meeting him quite a few times and it is a real treat to speak with this man who has so much to do with all we enjoy so much.
I think the Godfather may be bringing The One, I hear Ken is suppling free wine, you'll have the be-goggled barefoot madman, plus a whole host of others.
Buffalo and I just fear we may be making a bit to much noise on here about Georgia, which is a cool place, and taking just a bit of the focus off of Lake George, where it really should be this time of year. So if ya got any questions, PM me or Greg, or call.
Thanks.
john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:15am
What John said; appologies Keith, Dave, and everyone else. Let's let this one(thread) die right here; maybe leave it up for another day so people know what's up.
1988 BFN-sold

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:25am

John,

I was raised on that sandwich and love them.. really
White bread or toasted ??? both good.

I just got done reading the complete thread, I did not know someone was talking about LG09. That's funny becasue i read it after I posted.

The complete picture would be for me to go to LG09 and come back by GA.
But I can not to that this year, need more pocket money..hehe

Dave
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:06pm
I don't see a problem with this get together or topic. I know I wouldn't be taking another 17 hour reunion trip this year. I can only attend this one because it is in my back yard. The timing & distance for LG may not be for everyone else attending Lanier get together as well. It started out because Jbear wanted to make the trip up to Lanier & it has grown from that. I personally think it's great others want to join in & see everybody & visit new lakes. The more the merrier! Sorry if anyone sees it as taking away from LG, but I see it as another chance for me to visit with others that can't make LG & that's what makes the site great!
Greg

86 BFN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 3:22pm
Well put skicat. I couldn't agree more. If I am not mistaken, isn't that how GL got started in the first place. I've been to 2 reunions this year (Well St. Johns wasn't official{yet}!) and it's about CC folks hanging out with other CC Folks. The River Run was only 4-6 boats the first year and 20 the second. GL stated out with how many? and in it's forth year its up to 60. I think that says it all in what Keith has started in itself. The guy's out in Texas felt moved and had one also. Shoot! There could be 3 official and 2 unofficial reunions before its all said and done. Somebody ask Mr Ralph what he thinks about it. I'm sure he'd start with a grin ear to ear!

Hey, You'd guy's would freak if the man who coined the phrase "Down Yonder on the Chattahoochee" showed up. I think he is still has a home in the area and I believe he used a CC in his video.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 3:55pm

I think he is still has a home in the area and I believe he used a CC in his video.

Yup.

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 11:25am
Okay, I'm bumping this thread back up and reviving it as the;

LG reunion is this weekend................. Hope you have a great time Guy's ......

Looks like Alan Jackson won't be around afterall. I looked up to see if he was on tour and he is. Guess we won't get a surprise visit.

Greg S, I hope you've been busy in the shop as the 88 is itchin for a new knob. Hope the lake is staying level if not coming up and what's the lastest buzz on the Hooch?

Fired up the smoker yesterday to make sure it's working and Kim has found someone to play for her on Sunday so Mrs. Buffalo will have some help with TP surprise and adding another Kentuckian to the mix .

Got an e-mail from Lewy a couple of days ago and all this reunion/get together stuff round the USA is killing him. I think he is already having GL withdrawls and the summer is just beginning down there. Maybe we might just have to get him to call Greg's to give us all a shout from down under.

Everyone who said they were coming still on board?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 2:09pm
     Lake Lanier Roster

Name     Mobile #    Arrival Time   Location

Greg      Skicat             770-355-2047    Already Here   My place
Greg&Amy Buffalos     678-316-4438    Already Here   My Place
Tim& Kim Morfoot               770-316-6963    Sat Aft/eve     Greg&Amy's
John&Patti jbear          863-604-3237    Sat. 3am!      Greg&Amy's
Jim & Robin     Jimsport93     404 375 4625   Sat AM    My Place
Roger&Cathie      Critter                           Fri PM       Motorhome
Lurkers&Friends        # unknown      Already Here      Their Place
Tom & Karen     kytom2   606-584-0859 late Fri.        Skicats
Joe the Yankee    315 567 1273   Friday PM   Wherever they will Have Me.

Boats:

Skicat-1 or 2
Morfoot-1
Jimsport-1
Buffalo-1
Critter-1

I think this list is current. I added Kim in and we're glad to hear she'll be joining us. We also have 3 possibles.

I wish we could all make LG. We'll have to salute the NE in the group picture.

Everything is set here minus a few chores I have to finish. I moved the BBQ up to 40 so we can have seconds. That, and I've been spreading the word. If the weatherman works with us we'll have quite a group on Saturday evening!

1988 BFN-sold

jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 7:14pm
We are still planning on being there!
Looks like my two daughters will be in town and also joining us on Saturday.
Can't wait!
WAHOO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 8:14pm
Wahoo is right!

Glad you'll be here Jim; and sounds like your daughters might be the same age as Sarah and company(25 ish?). I'm sure they'll wish they had other plans.   

Tim, I got a little something in the mail for you and a another something from a good friend. I'll post the credits and props when we start posting pics.

This promises to be a great w/e for those of us who can't get so far north. The BFN is in good shape and the '79 will be here...maybe along with a few others we've stopped to talk to recently and the others driving in.

We're really looking forward to seeing everyone and breaking the newbies in.      
1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic